Home The Bridge
Options

Kelvin Timeline

Does anyone else think they should add the Kelvin Timeline to this game? In all honesty there could be an event and it requires you to travel through a black hole taking you to an alternate universe. We could see some familiar faces as other characters come through the black hole as well, for story purposes. The is called, “Star Trek: Timelines” afterall. What do you all think? Should they add the Kelvin Timeline characters? I think it’s passed due honestly.

Comments

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB doesn't have the rights to the JJ Trek movies, this is why we haven't seen any of the characters.
    Until they get those rights, then we will not have those people.

I am ambivalent somewhat about including those movies. But I would pay big moolah to get Pine Kirk. Plus having characters like Gaila, Nero, and Jaylah would be cool. Although the destruction of Romulus and Vulcan have always bugged me.

Not my beautiful Romulus!!!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Personally hate the Kelvin timeline, rather glad DB dont have the rights to it for both professional and personal reasons, if Discovery can not be handled then imagine 3 extra films!!
  • Options
    DB doesn't have the rights to the JJ Trek movies, this is why we haven't seen any of the characters.

I am ambivalent somewhat about including those movies. But I would pay big moolah to get Pine Kirk. Plus having characters like Gaila, Nero, and Jaylah would be cool. Although the destruction of Romulus and Vulcan have always bugged me.

I know the don’t have the rights but like, I would love for them to, like, I want Pine Kirk, Urban Bones, Pegg Scotty, And id love to have Jayla. Plus who doesn’t want good ole Keenser? Lol I love the JJ movies honestly because it’s a great concept that’s mistaken for a reeboot. It could be considered as such but it’s more of a “what if” and I love that.
  • Options

I know the don’t have the rights but like, I would love for them to, like, I want Pine Kirk, Urban Bones, Pegg Scotty, And id love to have Jayla. Plus who doesn’t want good ole Keenser? Lol I love the JJ movies honestly because it’s a great concept that’s mistaken for a reeboot. It could be considered as such but it’s more of a “what if” and I love that.

Also could you imagine Cumberbatch Khan?
  • Options
    I hope to never see the JJ movies in this game. Cummerbunny, or cumsnatch, or Cumbledore or whoever as Khan was the worst thing ever.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options

Worst reboot of a character ever.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    [RO]BitterDevil[RO]BitterDevil ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I actually prefer the 3 JJ Star Trek. They are amazing! And when they get the rights, one of the 5* chars should absolutely be the Beastie Boys!
  • Options

Yes. A shame: he's a very good actor, and he's given this half-braindead role.

To the topic: I doubt that DB will buy the rights to the Kelvinverse. CBS-Trek is enough of a cash cow.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the topic: I doubt that DB will buy the rights to the Kelvinverse. CBS-Trek is enough of a cash cow.

I wouldn't be surprised if their agreement with CBS precludes them from obtaining those rights - at least not during season 1 of Discovery.

• Options
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer all who suggest it be thrown into a swimming pool filled with double edged razor blades, than hear that suggestion one more time.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. A shame: he's a very good actor, and he's given this half-braindead role.

I almost skipped Doctor Strange because of it, though I'm glad I didn't. BC feels like he knows the script is so bad he's phoning the role in as Khan. Brought it home in the Imitation Game and Strange.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'd prefer all who suggest it be thrown into a swimming pool filled with double edged razor blades, than hear that suggestion one more time.

+1
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, reminds me of seeing W.A. in concert. He puts on a great show!
  • Options

This is the difference between being a fan and having a fetish. The difference between enjoying something and having a pathological obsession.

You, and everyone like you(and there are many here), are the same as the religious nutjobs. Are you really that worthless in your eyes that you are defined by a story? A make-believe? How mentally damaged are you?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

This is the difference between being a fan and having a fetish. The difference between enjoying something and having a pathological obsession.

You, and everyone like you(and there are many here), are the same as the religious nutjobs. Are you really that worthless in your eyes that you are defined by a story? A make-believe? How mentally damaged are you?

For me the answer is "Very!" :smiley:
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    I agree the fervor against the reboots is akin to the hatred many people in the gaming community have when their favorite game rotates out of the top spot for the next in the franchise.

It's a ostrich mentality. Yes they are all action but that's what this generation wants. I still enjoy them I just wish that there was more character devolpment, especially with the villans, and also more science, exploration,and humanitarian aspects that are the core of star trek.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    Lol, reminds me of seeing W.A. in concert. He puts on a great show!

Knew someone would get the One More Minute reference
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

As damaged as you are for thinking JJ Trek is any thing but action based watered down, say nothing popcorn crap. And as damaged as you are for missing the song lyric reference.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite having just acquired the rights to Discovery, I absolutely believe that DB would jump at the chance to have the Abrams-verse Trek stuff in the game. But I also absolutely believe that either said rights are either far too expensive to consider, or the people who decide such things have no desire to license their characters to a mobile or online game. However, I do think that if STT sticks around long enough, it will probably happen, as one or both of those two things will eventually change.

And just as with the addition of TAS and DSC characters (whose prospective additions ruffled the feathers of many here when those ideas were still speculative), players will adjust. Some may indeed leave, but others will take their place... like the hydra that grows two heads in place of the one that was cut off.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    The only Kelvins I wouldn't mind seeing added are from the Andromeda galaxy in the Prime timeline. Rojan, Tomar, and Kelinda.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Trek is better than no Trek. I really like the first two JJ movies. I liked seeing what was the same and wat was different. I liked that Kirk was always destined to be captain of the Enterprise. I liked that both spock and kirk were good people who would sacrifice themselves for their crew even when situation is reversed. Star Trek Discovery in many ways is like JJ Trek and Ds9 had a baby, which is great. In conclusion, we need Tilly in game. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    RowdenRowden ✭✭✭
    JJ merchandise hasn't sold well, so I don't expect them to purchase the right to use the material. I'd prefer them to start putting some Enterprise crew into events first... like Archer for example.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Trek is better than no Trek. I really like the first two JJ movies. I liked seeing what was the same and wat was different. I liked that Kirk was always destined to be captain of the Enterprise. I liked that both spock and kirk were good people who would sacrifice themselves for their crew even when situation is reversed. Star Trek Discovery in many ways is like JJ Trek and Ds9 had a baby, which is great. In conclusion, we need Tilly in game. :)

Wow seriously? So if they did a Mocumentary on the waste extractors of Orion, that would be better than no Trek?
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really see any particular need for the recast versions of the Prime characters, but - license permitting, which seems unlikely, but let's pretend just for fun - I'd be happy to see some of the Kelvinverse's originals, like Jaylah and Commodore Paris and Krall and Commodore Paris and did I mention Commodore Paris? I need my Shohreh fix, it's too darned long until Expanse season three starts.

(Honestly I'm fine with imagining all of Beyond happened in the Primeverse as well, just with some other ship and crew.)
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The over-the-top fanatic hatred of the JJ films is so childish that it's becoming embarrassing. Whether you like the films or not, to seriously suggest that they are worse or any "less Trek" than The Motion Picture, The Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, NEMESIS, most of the first season of TNG, almost any episode of TOS where they decided to just use whatever period costumes or sets that were lying around the studio, Paris and Janeway becoming lizard parents, or anytime Enterprise decided that T'Pol should strip down and lube herself up for fifteen minutes for absolutely no reason, is just willfully ignorant.
  • Options
    Not a big fan of the reboot movies, so I'd prefer if they weren't added to the game. That said, I also think TOS is frequently garbage anyway, and I still play with and enjoy many of those characters in STT, so it probably wouldn't matter all that much to me.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb side question: why is JJ Trek called the "Kelvin" timeline?
  • Options
    Because the time line was made by Nero attacking the u.s.s Kelvin and the death of Kirks dad.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the time line was made by Nero attacking the u.s.s Kelvin and the death of Kirks dad.
    Ah, that makes sense. I guess. Well, no actually that's kind of silly. Thanks for explaining it though.