Comments

• Options
    i1wftlwvhjrm.png
    jkqn963r1pfu.png
    4thesfh55351.png
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be affecting everyone equally but I spent $25 on that 5th star. Keep the money, I’ll take 50k honor
  • Options
    [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Actually it definitely 100% doesn’t effect everyone equally. If you just started this game and only had maxed Surak as event crew you’re effected waaay more than someone who has all sorts of immortalized Romulans Vulcans and Picards to fall back on. The level you are effected is a direct correlation to your back up event crew. It’s a major screw up. Every one is effected, but just not equally. Please don’t use that line anymore DB. It is just not accurate.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it definitely 100% doesn’t effect everyone equally. If you just started this game and only had maxed Surak as event crew you’re effected waaay more than someone who has all sorts of immortalized Romulans Vulcans and Picards to fall back on. The level you are effected is a direct correlation to your back up event crew. It’s a major screw up. Every one is effected, but just not equally. Please don’t use that line anymore DB. It is just not accurate.

Good point. It is true that some rely on those recurring legendaries more than others. Just look at some players bridge crews. Kortar, Jacked Picard, Cronwell, Borg Queen..

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    CS just told one of our fleet members that Surak isn’t featured crew for this event. Not surprised they don’t even know what’s what I guess.

Especially since Shan posted in this week's mission update that event crew and Surak get high bonus and that was about a week ago.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    This is clearly a heinously regrettable mistake. It would probably take at least 50 crew slots for our trust to be even remotely restored. That would certainly be a great starting point at least ;)

... and 3 legendary citations. and 3600 dilithium!

Give me all this or i'm quitting the game!
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Siblin wrote: »
    This is clearly a heinously regrettable mistake. It would probably take at least 50 crew slots for our trust to be even remotely restored. That would certainly be a great starting point at least ;)

... and 3 legendary citations. and 3600 dilithium!

Give me all this or i'm quitting the game!

Thats a good point actually. My glib sarcastic comment above aside, I'd bought the extra Surak star (or maybe I got it with honour and bought the extra star for someone else - the net effect is the same). Someone who didnt do this and focused on packs for this event might have got an advantage over me.

I'm definitely not going to throw my toys out of the pram and demand some re-embursment, but a little bit of acknowledgement wouldn't go amiss.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan @Black Pebble : Please can you look into this. It appears Surak isnt giving the full 3x Bonus.
    While it affects everyone, those that spent $$ on his fifth star are going to be at a disadvantage.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    CS just told one of our fleet members that Surak isn’t featured crew for this event. Not surprised they don’t even know what’s what I guess.

Especially since Shan posted in this week's mission update that event crew and Surak get high bonus and that was about a week ago.

Oh, it's worse. Surak did get the featured event crew bonus in phase 1. This only shows CS has no clue whatsoever and will invent whatever defense imaginable for DB's (repeated) mistakes.

Meanwhile the silence is deafening...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, bringing this up to the team.
    And will also mention the issue with some of the Support reps seemingly not being aware of Surak's being event crew.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hey everyone, bringing this up to the team.
    And will also mention the issue with some of the Support reps seemingly not being aware of Surak's being event crew.
    As always @Shan you are awesome!! <3

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    @Shan @Black Pebble : Please can you look into this. It appears Surak isnt giving the full 3x Bonus.
    While it affects everyone, those that spent $$ on his fifth star are going to be at a disadvantage.

Jim

This game is becoming like a box of chocolates...no wait....a melted box of chocolates...no wait....aww never mind... :neutral:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    So was there ever a resolution/acknowledgement from DB on the event bonus issue with Surak? Or are they letting it slide? @Shan
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:

- Support reps will be briefed/reminded that they need to keep up to date with event specifics to provide a better service.

- There will not be a global compensation for this. If you feel that you have been negatively impacted, please submit a ticket, make sure the title is relevant to the issue at hand, and explain your situation in a concise manner. Support will work with you on a case by case basis.

Thank you, and please accept our apologies for this error.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the actual post about it in Engineering Room Shan has acknowledged it but hasn't said anything more
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team has been notified, like so many other times.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    In the actual post about it in Engineering Room Shan has acknowledged it but hasn't said anything more

Thanks for the info @Yateball

Here's Shan's reply on engineering
    Shan wrote: »
    Update:

- Support reps will be briefed/reminded that they need to keep up to date with event specifics to provide a better service.

- There will not be a global compensation for this. If you feel that you have been negatively impacted, please submit a ticket, make sure the title is relevant to the issue at hand, and explain your situation in a concise manner. Support will work with you on a case by case basis.

Thank you, and please accept our apologies for this error.

So.... no global compensation :( that really **tsk tsk**... thought they would do what they did with the mirror picard issue...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wouldn't have been opposed to compensation, but it was a universal screw up. I'd prefer nothing to Picardgate 2.0.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy that's disappointing. Second big mistake from db with no compensation. That is a bad trend. What I have liked so much about db is that they have always admitted when they made a mistake and then offered compensation. Even if that compensation is just a few chrons. I really hope db isnt going the way of so many heartless greedy game companies that never apologize and never make amends. If DB goes down that route then I may have to find another game to give my money to.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Everybody, Remember this effected everyone, so why should ther be compensation?
  • Options
    ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    Gib wrote: »
    Everybody, Remember this effected everyone, so why should ther be compensation?

Because it effected people differently, such as explained very well here:
  • Options
    Why do these kind of errors keep happening over and over? There is always talk of meetings to address these things but they obviously have no effect. What is going on at DB?
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Shan.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Prosser wrote: »
    I'm not surprised by the no global compensation anymore, they have to give out less free stuff that way since the average Joe that doesn't come to the forums, or realize there was an issue get's left out in the cold.

They may argue that if someone didn't realize their was an issue then why should they get compensation? Because it still effected them negatively! Look at a newer player. Say it's their first Mega event, they got a 5th star from honor or DYC, earning them their first 5/5, so now they think "Hey great I'm gonna really do some damage in this event." Never having an event 5/5 before they likely didn't even realize that Surak was giving a low bonus and will just carry on their marry way, not realizing for possibly months down the road that they got screwed.

I also find it laughable that their is no set compensation for those that submit a ticket. It is up to each person to try and haggle support for whatever they can get, which will likely range greatly based on how much a person pushes and which support staff they get.

+1
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    I feel bad for the rest of the players that were negatively effected. Obviously some players would have benefited from this mistake too. With there being no good way to differentiate it would seem the transparent thing to do would be global compensation. However, I understand why they want to satisfy us through claims since in our eyes the event was another failure anyways. While the player base at large can remain blissfully ignorant. Which projects a false image of a successful event to them. Honestly I’m not sure what I would do in their shoes. Especially since after so many event issues it gets embarrassing. I just hope these event malfunctions don’t make them afraid of creating new types of events which we so desperately want.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That may be an excuse for no new event types going forward, what about the previous 29 months. Not only have they done no new event Types, they largely retired another.

Their policy's and standards are going in reverse. While "the little company is trying it's best" excuse could have been valid at launch or even a year ago we're over two years in and they cannot even consistently run a staple event type successfully.

And now, they cannot even apologize and make things right like they used to either.

I've never had an issue with someone making a mistake in an honest attempt to do something.
    Mistakes happen, bugs crop up..
    That's life.

Yes I'll get pissed, I'll complain but I've always stayed and I've always thanked when the honest mistake would be made right though thought out proper compensation..

To me the answer would have been very simple, fair and fun.

12,500 honor (1/4 the citation cost for 1/4 of intended functionality loss) and 2000 chronitons.

The honor would literally cost them nothing at all. It's 0.1% or less of the average Honor debt and the chronitons.. you've already had you chroniton sale for the Galaxy portion.
    Another isn't due for at least 10 days at the soonest.

Not everyone would have been thrilled, there would be some who might think it's not enough but I feel it would be the best fair move for the whole. At least, a token.

.. Now..
    We get to complain some more instead...
    And soon we'll be comparing what we all got from CS and some of you will get amazing comp and others will end up with a bag of targ waste.

Thanks DB.
    I don't blame you Shan, this isn't directed at you, you are just delivering the message..

But the apology is not accepted DB.
    You left us spinning in the wind wondering what the hell was going on for 2 damn days ,