Home The Bridge
Options

Q&A with Admiral Prince April '18 Reflections

Is it just me, or id the tenor of that Q&A more or less "sounds good and it might come, but we don't know when and exactly what. So stay tuned. Something will come.. later".
All in all the Q&A doesn't really show any timed goals, which - to me - is a rather bad sign for the progress of development.
Interested in being part of the TLA fun?

Comments

• Options
    I agree. I don’t see anything significant being discussed that going to be changed. Game mechanics, RNG/algorithm, drop rates, etc.

I am not drinking the kool-aid.

Time to take my own spaceship and warp 1000
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was good to get some closure on expedition. Being part of the occasional hybrid is fine by me and I'm excited to hear that such a half-expedition will be part of the June mega.

Also excited to hear about arena overhalls, ship events, new collections, new episode missions and fleet leaderboards are in the works. Not expecting to see any of them "soon" but odds are at least a couple will be rolled out before the end of 2018
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edwyn wrote: »
    Q: Are there enough non-answers in this Q&A to qualify it as a presidential debate?
    A: We’re looking into the details of that question and are considering providing an answer related to one or more aspects of it.

I love this. Definitely fits the tone of most of the answers.

I would have loved something concrete to look forward to. The only thing with an actual timeline was a hybrid expedition in June. There was a very little bit of talk about upcoming features and reworks but everything was so wishy-washy. I want something to be excited about in this game, not just the same old event grind and mindlessly spend chrons on items I might need for a future galaxy event. Give us a teaser of something awesome. Or give some timelines with caveats, like we're aiming for July but pending X, Y, Z it might be September or October.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that we are getting an Expedition event in June and that we are getting USS Reliant. I'd guess that Reliant is going to be the Augment ship for the DS9/Augment Mega Event, considering we've been getting a new ship to go along with Mega-events for awhile now.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so because event participation is at an all time high there is no need to revamp the reward structure?

More like no incentive to.

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that we are getting an Expedition event in June and that we are getting USS Reliant. I'd guess that Reliant is going to be the Augment ship for the DS9/Augment Mega Event, considering we've been getting a new ship to go along with Mega-events for awhile now.

Not really "getting" the ship...getting the opportunity to BUY the ship....wont' see it in portal for at least a year....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Two items I wish they would consider, even if they're not really rewards structure overhauls, are:

1. Make the math on the 9-hour boxes make sense. They should have 3x rewards, not 2x. That would help out both the people who'd like to maintain healthy sleep schedules, as well as any folks who don't have jobs that permit them to play during the day.
    2. Grandfather people's old event results when determining the Achievements one has qualified for. I understand this runs contrary to what was the likely goal of making event results an Achievement category, but I believe this might make a lot of people happy and seems like a fairly harmless/easy ask, given that we know folks' end-of-event results have always been tracked.
  • Options
    Two items I wish they would consider, even if they're not really rewards structure overhauls, are:

1. Make the math on the 9-hour boxes make sense. They should have 3x rewards, not 2x. That would help out both the people who'd like to maintain healthy sleep schedules, as well as any folks who don't have jobs that permit them to play during the day.
    2. Grandfather people's old event results when determining the Achievements one has qualified for. I understand this runs contrary to what was the likely goal of making event results an Achievement category, but I believe this might make a lot of people happy and seems like a fairly harmless/easy ask, given that we know folks' end-of-event results have always been tracked.

The more you play the more you find a lot of things don’t make sense in this game. Accept or take a hike!

Unfortunately my spaceship even capable of warp 1000, is one seater only.
  • Options
    I definitely appreciate DB making an effort to communicate with us, but I'm puzzled why they even bothered if these are the responses they are able to give. There is very little in this Q&A that is concrete information, or isn't a variation "we'll look into this in the future." If you can't say something of substance, wait until you can or don't do it at all.
  • Options
    Can you improve/update Gauntlet rewards?
    The Gauntlet is one of those features that is on our list to revamp. When that happens, changes will be made to much of the system including the rewards. There is no date for this overhaul yet, but we have been collecting feedback on it and are working out what we want to change on the next pass.

————————-

how much more feedback does one need and for how long? Don’t we have enough discussion in the forum?

Seriously... It is a small company moving slower than 800lbs gorilla
  • Options
    I don't know, while I agree there were some vague responses, I was actually heartened to hear that there is so much ongoing development for the game. And I took the "soons" as an acknowledgement that they need to do sufficient testing before rolling out new features. If he had made hard date promises, and they missed them (or rolled them out buggy and too soon), we'd have the pitchforks out.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like voyages will be nerfed into the stone age. the only good thing there is that they say it won't be anytime soon.

refusing to change the event rewards is sad but not unexpected. they know hamsters will still push the button for the pellet so there's no reason to loosen the wheel.

a new type of event could be a positive.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping the new event type is a success. Sounds like it's some kind of a ship event, which would finally make ships actually worth having. Just have to wait and see how it looks, and hope it's reasonably well-balanced.