Home The Bridge
Options

Q&A with Admiral Prince April '18 Reflections

124»

Comments

• Options
    This Q & A was disappointing to me too. I see no incentive to spend any more on monthly cards. I'm not a whale by any means but the only way they'll pay attention is whales stop spending hundreds of dollars per event, and stop just buying dilithium. Won't take long to help them see. I feel sad because I've been here since the beginning, but I feel for the f2p people. Some events are hard to rank in for vets like me and impossible for a f2p. I hope they stop and listen and not just think of lining their pockets. The novelty of spending wears off pretty quick.
  • Options
    Thanks for merging/burying my original post in the "Reflections" post. I guess the powers that be don't like what I'm saying. So, I'm reposting as a stand alone post. Please don't merge it again, and don't delete it for that matter. There is nothing offensive here. I even sanitized the last part.

I for one am not satisfied with the Q&A. The answers were quite nebulous. Such as soon and we have plans. I saw nothing that was concrete or definitive from it. Except that they will continue to take our money and time and do nothing that we, the players of the game, have suggested to make it a better game playing experience for us. All that we will do by playing this game is line their coffers.

I propose that we, as the loyal Star Trek fans and players of this game can do 1 of 3 things.

1. Do nothing and maintain the status quo, if you're happy spending your money (or just your time if you're free to play) on a game that is not listening to its players.
    2. Do nothing for one month (or longer) as in stop playing. Show them that we are serious about wanting changes.
    3. Continue playing, but, stop spending real money on the game. This will go for free to play as well, don't buy anything in game. No Dabo spins, no crew packs, no boosts, no clicking on the ads to get extra chrons or single warps. Also, as hard as it may be to do, do not participate in ANY of the events! No matter how bad you want to! Show them that we are tired of them not seriously listening to us!

It's time for the DB Do Better movement to resurface!

I'm sure in days of yore I would have been made to walk to the plank for my talk of mutiny, but, so be it!

Let's do this!

MadMax

We're mad as heck and aren't going to take this any more!

• Options
    DmeadzDmeadz ✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    On the positive side, to throw DB a bone, there were several positives that stood out as well:

- lots of development on the horizon, meaning this game isn't going anywhere anytime soon
    - arena and gauntlet redevelopment is a priority
    - more missions and potentially new and/or revamped challenges are on the horizon as well
    - more usefulness for ships, including a new event type (I'll save my judgement until this gets implemented)
    - more usefulness for fleets during events, though obviously not anytime soon
    - updates/additions coming to voyages (again, I'll save judgement until after this gets implemented... no more voyage nerfs)
    - new collections coming soon, as well as expansions to existing collections

I like this...yes what they did say they're doing is fine. Notice I said "fine" and not "wow!!".
  • Options
    Even though forum has so many unhappy messages, looks like it is business as usual to Db and STT world.

Do we live in different timeline?
  • Options
    Alas, we must. Would there still be a game if nobody paid?
  • Options
    Many of us are enabler after all
  • Options
    Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    I play for over 2 months (fortunatley f2p from the beginning) which is not long and I've learnt one thing. DB's words mean less than nothing.
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    DB needs to come out and say “we listen to everything, we cant fix it all, but you are paying customers and important to us”

And then have actions that reflect those words. This game could use more hand outs, more effective offers that get players excited. I love the voting for new characters, that needs to be in place more often. Mega events are cool.

A ship event could be really fun and interesting.
  • Options
    DmeadzDmeadz ✭✭
    DB needs to come out and say “we listen to everything, we cant fix it all, but you are paying customers and important to us”

And then have actions that reflect those words. This game could use more hand outs, more effective offers that get players excited. I love the voting for new characters, that needs to be in place more often. Mega events are cool.

This is exactly the blend of outrage, common sense changes that are needed, and finally appreciation that this game deserves.
  • Options

I kind of disagree. We all know they cannot fix all.. but they decide to not fix issue that causing frustration to users and futhermore they kind of downplay those issues as if there are no issues.
  • Options
    Dark MatterDark Matter ✭✭✭
    No substance equals no reflection. That is my reflection. River full of water but no single fish in it.
  • Options
    Yeah a lot of the answers gave me the impression they were just now considering those issues that we bring up all the time in the forums. Saying things like they are planning on planning to fix it lol. So when does the real work begin?
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote with your wallets for change. Don’t push 30-1000 the rewards are the same more or less. As it stands people spend to rank just outside top 25 and get the same 4/4 and 1/5 as the person who finished at 1k. You want changes implemented then change how you play the game. People don’t remember the winners let alone the guy who finished 27th

Surak 4/5 didn’t double up
    Monthly card expired 3weeks
    Until something substantial is worth buying I’ll spend in other games and plug along as F2P since doing so my expectations are lowered and enjoyment is at an all time high.