Home The Bridge

One Hundred Events

2»

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't in any way see it as a bad thing. Just ignore the 2500 chronitons for this event and use it for leveling crew or for a future event.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for the 2500 free chronitons! :) However, I need a few more and can't see the 5 x 1250 chroniton offer that usually comes up in a galaxy event. Will it be on later maybe?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for the 2500 free chronitons! :) However, I need a few more and can't see the 5 x 1250 chroniton offer that usually comes up in a galaxy event. Will it be on later maybe?

You mean this one?

mqlzol3s2y0d.png
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Restarting game again, maybe now it's up for me as well. :) Thanks for showing the screenshot to me, so it defiantly has to be up. :)

Edit: Restarted and still not seeing the offer ... :(

kf79ixsrmidr.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Chrons are nice. It will have no bearing on what I want to do in the event. Which is I don't know yet.

I am in the same boat. I have Vic at 1/4 so getting more would be nice but at what cost.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    2500 chronitons in a Galaxy Event will help a whole lot of newcomers get farther with thresholds than they otherwise might, or they'll help players who choose to sit out the event and try to get caught up on their backlog. Would I have preferred a 10x of Elusive Treasures? Sure. But I'll gladly take 2500 chronitons.

Will help new players get further in threshold, will help players not using it for the event, and will hurt players looking to rank in the event.

As usual, @Dralix is right to point out we already know there are plenty of players sitting on tens of thousands of chronitons to dip into at their leisure--and replenish more quickly these days than pre-Voyages. Those are the players keeping the top 1000 difficult to crack, not everyone all of a sudden getting 2500 chronitons today.

Besides, you get the same 2500 chronitons everyone else got, so if you're worried about the masses nipping at your heels all of a sudden, use your own 2500 to maintain your pace.

• AviTrek wrote: »
    Free chrons during a galaxy event. Ugh. I wish DB understood inflation. Or maybe they do and they're intentionally giving a worthless present. Oh well, that gift just changed me from wanting to compete for The Doctor to doing Threshold and out.

I was going to comment but I can't put it better than this.

2500 chronitons in a Galaxy Event will help a whole lot of newcomers get farther with thresholds than they otherwise might, or they'll help players who choose to sit out the event and try to get caught up on their backlog. Would I have preferred a 10x of Elusive Treasures? Sure. But I'll gladly take 2500 chronitons.

Will help new players get further in threshold, will help players not using it for the event, and will hurt players looking to rank in the event.

As usual, @Dralix is right to point out we already know there are plenty of players sitting on tens of thousands of chronitons to dip into at their leisure--and replenish more quickly these days than pre-Voyages. Those are the players keeping the top 1000 difficult to crack, not everyone all of a sudden getting 2500 chronitons today.

Besides, you get the same 2500 chronitons everyone else got, so if you're worried about the masses nipping at your heels all of a sudden, use your own 2500 to maintain your pace.

Very good point and you gave me a great idea. I have been short of cash the last two weeks so a whole slew of chronitons plus a supply kit = answer for how to pay to replicate a bunch of 5* items that are way too complicated to complete. Thanks. 😀
  • Just checked - Vick doesn't seem to contribute to any of the vault collections. That cancelled any motivation to try to get him 4/4* in this event.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the cheese.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it! It will add work sure, but if everyone gets it then it's on equal terms. Allows me to sit on it for now until I see the need to use it. Thanks!
  • [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    Instead of just tedious tapping, competing in this event now means tedious tedious tedious tapping. *sigh*
    thanks nevertheless.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

Completely concur with this post. I have around 25,000 chronitons available if I wish to participate in the event. In this one I am sitting out. I am sure a lot of people will use the 2500 given on this event but I will stash them away for a later day.
    If all the players who are stockpiling all those chronitons use them all in the same 24 period, of the same event, I think the STT server will overload and self destruct. 😕
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I was already planning a 130K and out for this event. Since I also, as many of you have probably, just hit the 48 event mark and that achievement is over, I am ready to minimize participation in all events. Unless an event can guarantee an FF/FE character I'm probably not going to play, or I'll just airlock whatever I get. I'm saving the chrons for an event that I want to win.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.