Home The Bridge
Options

Roga Danar??

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone else have to google Roga Danar or just me?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Roga_Danar
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    He has been my default name choice in games for years since he is a bit obscure.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope... love the Angosian ep.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't remember his name, but I do remember him. Watched that episode the other day and was thinking he would make a good crew addition.
  • Options
    Not me either.

He was the main villain (maybe not villain - opponent / star) in a pretty solid 3rd season TNG episode.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some incredible security skills.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't immediately recognise the name, but once I read "Angosian genetically engineered for war" I instantly recalled the episode and character. I really liked that episode.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Been wondering when he’d get a card in the game for a long time.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    No, I knew exactly who he was without having to look him up.
  • Options
    He has Indian army military rank Subedar. Of course writers made it Subahdar which means Imperial Governor!!

Like creating a character for non commissioned officer in imperial ranks but giving him title Grand Moff Tarkin.

Was’nt Darth Bane a non com at some point!!

3-5 Jamadar reported to a Subedar so he is like a First!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah. The guy that the planet genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced for combat. Then, they didn't bother to at least remove the implants when they were done with them.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have to Google him because I still remember him from being one of the highest Strength crew in Decipher's CCG from launch, where he was especially useful because he was Non-Aligned and could supplement any affiliation. I've been wondering when he'd make it into Timelines, and kind of had a sneaking suspicion of late that this would be his big chance. I'm eager to see what his card here ends up being!
  • Options
    Ashamed I had to google him, but remembered once I saw the picture. Great episode.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    TNG's my default background "autoplay" show, so I knew who he was. Thought it was clever of DB to include other, non-human genetically engineered crew. Wonder if the Suliban are going to show up as well.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have to look him up because I watched that episode a few weeks ago and immediately thought: "Why isn't Roga Danar in Timelines yet?" and now he will be! Woohoo!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to look him up but once I did I remembered him well. That was a good episode.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    TNG's my default background "autoplay" show, so I knew who he was. Thought it was clever of DB to include other, non-human genetically engineered crew. Wonder if the Suliban are going to show up as well.

Good point. Most of the Enterprise-era Suliban are augmented.
  • Options
    He better have bonkers security.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he's the 4* or the 5*
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have to Google him because I still remember him from being one of the highest Strength crew in Decipher's CCG from launch, where he was especially useful because he was Non-Aligned and could supplement any affiliation.

Exactly, why I remembered him too.
    (Also why I have a fondness for Dr. Reyga.)
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, they did that siskos art really well.
    Guess he'll fail in stats or skills lol
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe SEC/ENG/SCI

ST1E01302WB94.jpg?1441606455

I hope DB read that card. SEC/ENG/SCI!
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Did anyone else have to google Roga Danar or just me?

No, because I just go straight to Memory Alpha.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah. The guy that the planet genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced for combat. Then, they didn't bother to at least remove the implants when they were done with them.......

It wasn't just cybernetic implants that weren't taken out.

It was a combination of genetic engineering and intense psychological conditioning. Things that are both very, very difficult to undo and to overcome in a way that would allow someone to integrate into a non-wartime society.

It also wasn't simply "combat" (meaning fighting skills), it was also tactics, and a way of thinking.

So it wasn't a matter of "undoing" what they did to him, it was a matter of understanding the difficulty of veterans returning from war, helping them to integrate back into society, and not just treating them like criminals despite having "created" them in the first place.

It's a complicated issue (Roga and the other veterans were causing issues obviously, but shipping them off to a penal colony also isn't the best course), which is why the ending for that episode is so great. Picard could have just said "you should do this or that", but instead he was just "this is some complicated and messed up **tsk tsk**, deal with this yourselves, I'm in no place to dictate anything".
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Didn’t need to google for Roga Danar due to the ccg.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    (1) THANK YOU, D.B.!!!!!!!!!!
    (2) Didn't need to google him - I think he should have been added 2 YEARS ago.
    This is the only crew I was disappointed to NOT see in the game over the last 2 years! I've been requesting, pleading, demanding, and screaming for only TWO things: Roga Danar, and the Husnock war-ship. I played the CCG, and still have Danar and the Husnock ship in my deck. I have a ton of these old cards, Enterprise and entire crew, the Yamato, IKC Pagh, IKC Buruk (sp?).. The Husnock ship is the strongest ship in the game, and Danar is the strongest crewman.

Tres tres excited! I'm getting my ROGA DANAR!!
    *Opens wallet, starts throwing money, laughs maniacally whilst dancing a jig*
  • Options
    I wonder if he's the 4* or the 5*

BETTER be 5* or I'll most likely be banned...