Home The Bridge
Options

Battle Awards changing early; Not cool, DB

Comments

• Options
    This doesn't affect me but I sympathize with OP. DB has a set of rules, they should follow them. If they must deviate to reduce chances of bug, then compensate players. Passing out 240 schematics is nothing to most players but would benefit customer relations and help restore trust.

It's not the player fault that skirmishes are new and likely bugged.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    So, this is gonna lose me some fans here.

But - really folks - really.

Yes, the rewards are changing two days earlier. And to the persons point above me, this can impact you having a level 7 vs level 8 ship.

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

If you want a higher level premium ship, buy the schems when they are available. Don't complain that you missed out on something free because it's being changed into something else free to prevent a new event from cronuting the bed.

The entitlement this userbase has is astounding sometimes.

Right on man. Remind me to never buy these guys lunch. I’ll hear about how it wasn’t the restaurant they wanted for the rest of my life

Problem is your "favour" cost them diarrhea.

Can I be blamed for that? And is that really an accurate comparison?
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭

Yes, the rewards are changing two days earlier. And to the persons point above me, this can impact you having a level 7 vs level 8 ship.

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

If you want a higher level premium ship, buy the schems when they are available. Don't complain that you missed out on something free because it's being changed into something else free to prevent a new event from cronuting the bed.

Right on man. Remind me to never buy these guys lunch. I’ll hear about how it wasn’t the restaurant they wanted for the rest of my life

Yes and yes.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Rewards are not free" is something we should talk about.
    Did you spent your time keeping your top 1% Ranking in Admiral to get that 120 reward each morning? You sure did!
    Did you spend elsewhere in the game to acquire crew to staff said ship? Maybe, maybe not. VIP0 is a thing.
    Did you spent MONEY to win the arena 1% that day, to get 120 schematics at reset? No you did not.

Did you pay a dime for that ship you just unlocked? If you previously bought it in the portal and showed up on May 1st with a Level 5 ISS Defiant, then yes you did. If you got the ISS Defiant unlocked after 5 days of schematics, then no you did not.

So, again, these rewards are free.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

Yes and yes.

Congratulations @Banjo1012. You have just been told that if you buy someone lunch from a restaurant, you are now responsible for any gastrointestinal distress it may cause them, rather than it being the restaurant's fault.
  • Options
    "Rewards are not free" is something we should talk about.
    Did you spent your time keeping your top 1% Ranking in Admiral to get that 120 reward each morning? You sure did!
    Did you spend elsewhere in the game to acquire crew to staff said ship? Maybe, maybe not. VIP0 is a thing.
    Did you spent MONEY to win the arena 1% that day, to get 120 schematics at reset? No you did not.

Did you pay a dime for that ship you just unlocked? If you previously bought it in the portal and showed up on May 1st with a Level 5 ISS Defiant, then yes you did. If you got the ISS Defiant unlocked after 5 days of schematics, then no you did not.

So, again, these rewards are free.

You seem to value money greatly. Are you familiar with "time is money" saying?

So, again, these rewards are not free.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please send DB an invoice for your time.

Also, if you know anything about me, the LAST thing I value is money. I practically burn it.
  • Options

Also, if you know anything about me, the LAST thing I value is money. I practically burn it.

Simple scene from DB's head meeting with potential investors:

Potential investor:
    - How popular exactly is your game?
    DB's head:
    - We have tens of thousands active players logging in every day to the game.
    Potential investor:
    - Are they all paying customers?
    DB's head:
    - No, but we can still use them to generate decent income. They watch ads, generate buzz on social media, populate fleets and events but most of all they are potential paying customers.

You burn your time talking about money. That's for sure.
  • Options
    Baby we are talking about very different things here. I can't sway you, I've already figured that out. And i'm not trying. In fact, I was just going to leave you be.

Then, I had an attack. It sucked. It was weird! There was this little Martok looking guy that popped up on my shoulder. He said "go make peace with the court jester!" And you know what, he was right. I could be the bigger man and say we just simply need to agree to disagree on our viewpoints.

And I cam here to do that.

Then I saw that you have been playing for 3ish weeks. You came to threads asking a lot of information and wanting to know if this game was "worth your time". You came and debated people who know infinitely more about this subject, which told me immediately what I was dealing with.

So, in fact, I will not make peace with you. Our two houses will remain at war. It will be a bloody, costly, long drawn out affair. Loses will be catastrophic on both ends. Eventually, when you front lines are gone, your troops starved and your rations depleted, you will lead a small assembly of your people to a neutral location, where I will bring a delegation.

There, at the lovely rich mahogany table we will sit at, we will draw up a cease fire and peace treaty between our two lands. No longer will war be the answer, but peace and prosperity. Together we will unify our fronts and bring a new age of peace, enlightenment and achievement to Star Trek Timelines. The unwashed masses will cheer! Parades will be held in your honor. In 90 years, your ancestors will celebrate "Jester Genie" day where they don't go to school or work, but instead silently reflect on the time you brought your people from near defeat to prosperous success.

But then, suddenly, you will reach this sentence. And you will stop. And it will hit you.

We haven't formally been introduced.

Hi! I'm Frank!

And I just wasted your time.

You're welcome.

So many words so little substance but one conclusion is pretty obvious. You seem to have very big ego.

Hello, I'm Jester. No exclamation mark needed.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @Banjo1012. You have just been told that if you buy someone lunch from a restaurant, you are now responsible for any gastrointestinal distress it may cause them, rather than it being the restaurant's fault.

Banjo, the restaurant, DB, as long as a certain species has something to complain/troll about they are happy. So in achieving this "distress" he satisfied their needs ;)

Tried this lunch thing 2 to learn more about this species ;) , it was an amazing experience: The champagne glasses were not noble enough I heard. The 5 servings of food were way too little . The President (of Earth) Suite was not big enough. And as icing of the cake they even wanted to get payed for accepting to have lunch :p

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add in a perspective I have not yet seen in this thread so far

I cannot say for all, but for some it is possible they Bought extra arena tickets. Thus, it is not a free reward for everyone..

When I win a 5* in a shuttle event I put forth a lot of time and effort to happen. I may not dispense currency money to obtain it but it was not free.

Ev suit archer, was free.

The schematics are earned

If I'd gotten a sisko from the pack I pulled today he would be bought.

It seems like everyone is fighting over a black and white two option system in a three option scenario.

If I put in 30 hours at work,
    My return for that effort is not free money
    Its different, it's earned.

If uncle Bob dies and leaves me his fortune, it's free.

When I die, my wife isn't getting free money from the insurance, it's time delay delivery of a purchase I made.

• Options
    edited May 2018

So true. But you wont even spend a few extra bucks to get a better coffee brand Frank :wink:
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

Yes and yes.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad this thread spiraled like this. It gives me a chance to weigh in on a thought. I am sure Frank spends much more than I, but I have had my chops busted on the forum for spending money. I seriously don’t get it. I do want to start off by saying when my chops were busted, I never once mentioned money, only strategy. Others started coming at me with the money thing when I was merely presenting my game play strategy. Anyway, here goes.
    To proudly proclaim you hold your head up high by saying you’ve never spent a dime on the game, you are equating yourself to the people who go into Burger King and say “give me a free water” then sit there for three hours nursing it, I walk in and say “I am hungry and I will pay you to feed me”. The free water people then jeer at me “oh look at Mr. Big Time here”. I walk out with my food satisfied while after your free three hours you tell the person at the counter “you should give me a free burger (crew slots or whatever else you’ve asked for) merely because I have been here for three hours.
    My friends, the spenders should not be ridiculed for spending. Burger King would not be there for you to sit in without the spenders. And by the way. Maybe if you didn’t spend all you had on crew slots you would have more to spend on the actual crew.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends, the spenders should not be ridiculed for spending. Burger King would not be there for you to sit in without the spenders. And by the way. Maybe if you didn’t spend all you had on crew slots you would have more to spend on the actual crew.

I am a modest spender... well OK, monthly VIP card spender... plus whatever DB can make on ad revenue. Without any malice or condescension, I appreciate the whales who keep DB staff employed and the servers running.

$100 Sisko pack buys a lot of Whoppers at Burger King... even if you don’t go for the value meal. But it’s your money so spend it any way you like. Equally, there is ridicule the other way with F2P players having been called many things from “crew slot beggars” to “entitled freeloaders”.

The change in battle awards means I won’t get a 8/10 ISS Defiant but no big deal. I’m sure it’ll eventually come around again sometime. I’m not too worked up either way despite playing to staying in the top 1% in Admiral rank the whole month. I also got to finish the other two ships which is kinda useless but what the heck, scratch those off my STT bucket list.

Now where’s my free burger 🍔??? I promise I won’t complain if I get food poisoning... it is Burger Thing after all 😇😇😇
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a modest spender... well OK, monthly VIP card spender... plus whatever DB can make on ad revenue. Without any malice or condescension, I appreciate the whales who keep DB staff employed and the servers running.

$100 Sisko pack buys a lot of Whoppers at Burger King... even if you don’t go for the value meal. But it’s your money so spend it any way you like. Equally, there is ridicule the other way with F2P players having been called many things from “crew slot beggars” to “entitled freeloaders”.

The change in battle awards means I won’t get a 8/10 ISS Defiant but no big deal. I’m sure it’ll eventually come around again sometime. I’m not too worked up either way despite playing to staying in the top 1% in Admiral rank the whole month. I also got to finish the other two ships which is kinda useless but what the heck, scratch those off my STT bucket list.

Now where’s my free burger 🍔??? I promise I won’t complain if I get food poisoning... it is Burger Thing after all 😇😇😇

Ha! Way to bring light to it. I appreciate the candor. I will go on further to say I never busted their chops for it. Until now but that’s only because a select few got under my skin and forced my defense.

• Options
    edited May 2018

Ha! Way to bring light to it. I appreciate the candor. I will go on further to say I never busted their chops for it. Until now but that’s only because a select few got under my skin and forced my defense.

I said before in the “more crew slots please” thread that someone who called us crew slot beggars was completely off base as we were singing and making crew slot lyrics so we should be called “crew slot buskers”... a great example showed up today with an actual cover version with music (of course lyrics changed to STT and crew slots) of ELO’s “Mister Blue Sky” which was awesome... so we’re working hard for our “free crew slots”... now about that free burger again 😝...

EDIT: the song is actually in The thank you for the 5 free crew slots thread.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I said before in the “more crew slots please” thread that someone who called us crew slot beggars was completely off base as we were singing and making crew slot lyrics so we should be called “crew slot buskers”... a great example showed up today with an actual cover version with music (of course lyrics changed to STT and crew slots) of ELO’s “Mister Blue Sky” which was awesome... so we’re working hard for our “free crew slots”... now about that free burger again 😝...

Oh man. You’re on fire today! This reminds me of Ted’s Barbershop Quartet from Scrubs. “We only do cartoon themes now” and they proceed to do a wicked version of Underdog

• Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

My time and effort put into the game are not free. If you will change rules every time something would interfere with some event, well, this completely removes the sense of competition or personal achievement on a game that barely had none outside the 'look how I throw money out of the window on a broken-nonfinished product.

The entitlement argument works both ways also. Just because for you, probably the targeted 'whale audience' for this kind of game complaining about mere 240 schematics is 'too much' just shows it.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whale shaming. That gets an argument really going.

Here's a hint:
    If you see my name posting on the forums, RUN! Because I'm a grade-A troll. Never believe what I say. I'm always lying. I'm lying right now!

I don't care if you or someone you know lost out on 240 schems. I'm sorry. I'll still sleep tonight. DB had a reason to make the change, it seems legit. They likely won't give 'sorryschems' as a result. If they do, great! If they don't, oh well.

There's no need for further slinging beyond that paragraph.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a hint:
    If you see my name posting on the forums, RUN! Because I'm a grade-A troll. Never believe what I say. I'm always lying. I'm lying right now!

I don't care if you or someone you know lost out on 240 schems. I'm sorry. I'll still sleep tonight. DB had a reason to make the change, it seems legit. They likely won't give 'sorryschems' as a result. If they do, great! If they don't, oh well.

The 240 is to ensure an entire event goes smooth. I will gladly sacrifice that for 240 schematics that won’t even max me out a ship anyway

• Options
    zxk60hdcus3i.jpeg
  • Options
    g6979238qy05.png

Mmmmm... escargot...

jrvfnn4pgmnu.jpeg
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rom's favorite, Snail Juice...

mppztrlbxn9k.jpg
  • Options

Here's a hint:

The 240 is to ensure an entire event goes smooth. I will gladly sacrifice that for 240 schematics that won’t even max me out a ship anyway

And nobody at DB will lose their jobs if the company do the right thing giving away a few virtual items that cost 0 to them after their initial production cost. But because this way of thinking I'm seeing here the game industry is going down the drain and companies feel so confident in milking players doing the worse possible things. After all, some dude on a shiny armor will always show up to save the day for them.
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a hint:

And nobody at DB will lose their jobs if the company do the right thing giving away a few virtual items that cost 0 to them after their initial production cost. But because this way of thinking I'm seeing here the game industry is going down the drain and companies feel so confident in milking players doing the worse possible things. After all, some dude on a shiny armor will always show up to save the day for them.

Oh my god dude give it a rest. Western civilization is not going to crumble because of 240 schematics that will take your ship to 8/10. Sit there with your free water and be glad they gave you a place to hang out for three hours. You’re not getting the burger out of it but at least you were able to come in from the freezing cold
This discussion has been closed.