Home The Bridge
Options

Battle Awards changing early; Not cool, DB

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    This is REALLY derailing!! The train went off the tracks into the train station, into the general store, through the sheriffs office, and smack dab into the school house, fun to watch! Please ignore me, this is fascinating.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAVE THE SCHEMATICS!!!! Mr. Doom and Gloom about the destruction of STT says the entire future of the game hinges on these schematics. Even though the game has done quite well for a few years now. STILL! We must not allow the curse of the schematics to destroy the game we love so dearly
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

2sqcyuccu8p0.jpeg

Doesn't this go full circle now. Back to the top Voyage home

• Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

2sqcyuccu8p0.jpeg

7zc3rfnvuk8k.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

2sqcyuccu8p0.jpeg

The only way we can save the world is by getting 240 free schematics. Don’t you get it man? This game is a huge conspiracy. It’s broken and awful and so flawed, but there is one thing that could pull it from the fire. That’s right. Enough free schematics to get you 10% of a level. (DB, Shan, this is sarcasm. I totally love your game).

• Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Whale shaming. That gets an argument really going.

Here's a hint:
    If you see my name posting on the forums, RUN! Because I'm a grade-A troll. Never believe what I say. I'm always lying. I'm lying right now!

I don't care if you or someone you know lost out on 240 schems. I'm sorry. I'll still sleep tonight. DB had a reason to make the change, it seems legit. They likely won't give 'sorryschems' as a result. If they do, great! If they don't, oh well.

There's no need for further slinging beyond that paragraph.

The 240 is to ensure an entire event goes smooth. I will gladly sacrifice that for 240 schematics that won’t even max me out a ship anyway

And nobody at DB will lose their jobs if the company do the right thing giving away a few virtual items that cost 0 to them after their initial production cost. But because this way of thinking I'm seeing here the game industry is going down the drain and companies feel so confident in milking players doing the worse possible things. After all, some dude on a shiny armor will always show up to save the day for them.

Oh my god dude give it a rest. Western civilization is not going to crumble because of 240 schematics that will take your ship to 8/10. Sit there with your free water and be glad they gave you a place to hang out for three hours. You’re not getting the burger out of it but at least you were able to come in from the freezing cold

Hahaha, and people wonder why the quality of games, in general, dropped like a rock and all the major developers/publishers treat customers like crap. You are so entitled that not even occurs to you that not only players who played for free were affected but also who paid for extra tickets. Thanks 'banjo' to illustrating my point. The EAs of the world loves you.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a hint:
    If you see my name posting on the forums, RUN! Because I'm a grade-A troll. Never believe what I say. I'm always lying. I'm lying right now!

I don't care if you or someone you know lost out on 240 schems. I'm sorry. I'll still sleep tonight. DB had a reason to make the change, it seems legit. They likely won't give 'sorryschems' as a result. If they do, great! If they don't, oh well.

The 240 is to ensure an entire event goes smooth. I will gladly sacrifice that for 240 schematics that won’t even max me out a ship anyway

And nobody at DB will lose their jobs if the company do the right thing giving away a few virtual items that cost 0 to them after their initial production cost. But because this way of thinking I'm seeing here the game industry is going down the drain and companies feel so confident in milking players doing the worse possible things. After all, some dude on a shiny armor will always show up to save the day for them.

Oh my god dude give it a rest. Western civilization is not going to crumble because of 240 schematics that will take your ship to 8/10. Sit there with your free water and be glad they gave you a place to hang out for three hours. You’re not getting the burger out of it but at least you were able to come in from the freezing cold

Hahaha, and people wonder why the quality of games, in general, dropped like a rock and all the major developers/publishers treat customers like crap. You are so entitled that not even occurs to you that not only players who played for free were affected but also who paid for extra tickets. Thanks 'banjo' to illustrating my point. The EAs of the world loves you.

I realize what it is, I just don’t take it nearly as serious as some

• Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Here's a hint:

Your way of thinking is very naive and harmful for the entire playerbase, including you. I'll try to explain it to you in your own language. Imagine simple scenario. Developer incorporates to the game new and very exclusive achievement called "The Man with the Biggest Ego in The Galaxy.". It can be obtained only by one person in the game. To get it you need to win next Galaxy event with some insanely astronomical VP number. There is no other way but credit card to make it happen. You feel up to the task and say "Hell yeah, I can afford it, It would be nice and egotistic to show off till the end of time." You start from day one, very fast get huge advantage over most players but there is still one guy not that far from you. You are saying to yourself "Baby, it's not gonna happen, it's not for you." and once again utilizing your credit card. Surprisingly your nemesis follows you closely. Credit card spiral escalates but you are still ahead of him. For some reason you had to leave the game for few hours. Your nemesis overtook you. "No freaking way" you are saying to yourself. "This title belongs to me, to me and nobody else. My precious...". You start to burn your time and credit card once again but then something strange happens. Your cherished developer, out of the blue, states "Due to some potential exploit we have to end this event prematurely, now. There won't be any compensation. All results standing.". You burnt your time and money and ended up only second. I guess you still don't care. After all developer had a reason to make this change, it seemed legit.

This simple commandement is known to each and every civilized being. YOU DON'T CHANGE RULES IF THE GAME IS ON.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is not getting anyone anywhere. For those for whom the two days' worth of schematics would have made the difference of one level, I suggest submitting a ticket to CS. Offer to trade the Sarcophagus schematics from those two days for I.S.S. Defiant schematics. They might just say yes.

But continuing this thread is just becoming unpleasant. Agree to disagree, guys.
  • Options
    This simple commandement is known to each and every civilized being. YOU DON'T CHANGE RULES IF THE GAME IS ON.

The rules aren’t being changed... the arena functions the same way... the only difference is the prize is changing to an equivalent prize...

For some, it does mean missing out on a ship level, which **tsk tsk**... for most, it probably makes no difference...

It would be nice, though, if DB sent us some schematics to compensate for the lost opportunity...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thinking this has gone way out of proportion to the actual incident but it does illustrate two things DB has issues with. Planning and communication. They go hand in hand.

As far as schems, yeah I was gonna get one more level on my ISS Defiant, but am not now, kinda boo hoo, but its just more of the same that we see periodically whether it be timing for characters going into the portal in a timely basis, wrong packs coming up, holiday events going awry, or any number of things that have rubbed folks the wrong way in a number of incidents.

You plan your events in advance. Ok. You then know that skirmish is coming up, right? Is it at the last minute you think, hey this might cause a problem if we don't change the reward soon? If so, then there's some changes that need to happen in how you evaluate your game development and deployment.

I don't want/need schems for compensation. However, what I would really like is for DB to do some self-analysis and not only see what process changes need to be made, but actually make them so we don't keep having issues like these both minor (this one) and major (pick from the list from the past) that can be avoided with real planning coupled with more advance communication. (Short notice is 'oops' communication....)

I think that is something all classes of players can agree upon would be a good thing.

Incidentally if whales quit, the lights would go off, and if all the guppies and f2ps quit, the whales would not have very many people to play with. We really do need each other and the back and forth between classes really is not productive in any way shape or form.

• Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Libera te me, libera te tutemet...
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of the tracks for this derailing thread!
This discussion has been closed.