Home The Bridge
Options

Battle Awards changing early; Not cool, DB

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the reasons for changing the awards early. But it really bites. I'm very close to hitting the next level on my ship. I calculated it all out and fought for it. It does not seem fair.

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not. I don’t expect anything but it would be nice to get a “we’re sorry for screwing you” gift of, say, 600 I.S.S. Defiant schematics as recompense.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Nero84 wrote: »
    While I do wish they would provide a minor reward it is only 2 days. 240 schematics would be max you could earn over those 2 days.
    Thing is - said 240 schematics are what is needed to get ISS Defiant from 0 to lv8 in THIS month by sticking to 1%. With them it's Voyage-useful lv8 (oh so MANY times I returned 1-3 minutes short of 8h mark) providing 50 AM with right trait. Without them it's useless lv7 ("oh, maybe it would be featured in event 2 years later" do not really make it useful).
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if I got my last 240 ISS Defiant schems, I would still be 90 short for the next level, so I am okay with getting 2 extra days of Sarcophagus.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is gonna lose me some fans here.

But - really folks - really.

Yes, the rewards are changing two days earlier. And to the persons point above me, this can impact you having a level 7 vs level 8 ship.

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

If you want a higher level premium ship, buy the schems when they are available. Don't complain that you missed out on something free because it's being changed into something else free to prevent a new event from cronuting the bed.

The entitlement this userbase has is astounding sometimes.

Right on man. Remind me to never buy these guys lunch. I’ll hear about how it wasn’t the restaurant they wanted for the rest of my life

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    What good does it do for skirmishes. When the first event is Skirmish. Would have made more sense if the last event was Skirmish.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.
    That's actually lie. They require effort to stay in top1% making said 1% healthy competition. It's not "you got free stuff in the mail", it's "you changed your schedule to be there one hour before reward calculation and hard-fought battles to stay in 1%".

It's less rage-creating than "oh, lol, we will end event 12 hours early, tough luck everybody who wouldn't make it in top1000 because of that and tough luck newbies that wouldn't be able to clear threshold because of that", but principle is same.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the rewards are changing two days earlier. And to the persons point above me, this can impact you having a level 7 vs level 8 ship.

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

If you want a higher level premium ship, buy the schems when they are available. Don't complain that you missed out on something free because it's being changed into something else free to prevent a new event from cronuting the bed.

AND it's dumb because they are (eventually) going to get EXTRA schems of the ship they're changing it to because these ones will last a couple days extra.... man people just like having problems with things
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is slightly annoying the ISS Defiant is an unremarkable Voyage ship. It offers no unique or hard to obtain traits. The Sarcophogus on the other hand has traits that aren't available on older 5* ships. Personally, I don't have a Historic or Klingon ship maxed out yet.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am 100% on board with getting new schematics started early. I already maxed the 3* NX and 4* Hirogen and couldn't care less about the ISS Defiant as all three of its traits are covered by older ships (Terran/Ruthless: ISS Enterprise, Warship: D'Kora Krayton)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

Although you have already been corrected on how they really aren’t “free,” I also want to point out that I.S.S. Defiant schematics have only once been available for purchase, in a “best chance” pack that was roundly and universally lambasted for its total lack of value.

The problem here is that we were told well in advance that we would be able to earn more schematics for a ship otherwise unavailable by any other reasonable means - those of us who were able to get a good jump start on the Defiant through hard work in the Mirror Mega had a hope of being able to finally have another useful ship option for voyages, only to be told two days in advance that said hope was being taken away.

I’m not normally on the gibsmedats free stuff train but this time I’m upset at the lost opportunity. This is like telling us we can get a recurring mega event character up to 4/5* by threshold rewards and then saying, in the announcement for the final event, that something else will be available at the 25,000 VP threshold instead of the recurring legendary. And if you tell me you wouldn’t be mad about that happening, I will tell you to your face that you are a bald-faced liar.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they are taking pains to avoid a server problem during the inaugural run of this new event. Good for you, DB!

I agree with Ivanstone that the Klingon Sarcophagus ship has more useful traits (at least for me), and I'm quite happy about this as a result.

But I also agree with the original poster that this change at this stage of the month could be unfair to those who are on the verge of the next level for the ISS Defiant (or the Hirogen ship or the NX-class). Reasonable solution is that those individuals should be able to open a customer service ticket to convert up to two days' worth of schematics from the new rewards to the old ones.

Since I'll be happier with the new rewards, I don't plan to open a ticket. I'm just smiling.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is... they've know this was coming for a long time. Long enough to know the event type Skirmish was going to start the mega.
    They could have told folks well in advance to try to smooth it over.

Of course that would mean working on all of the communications phase of your RFC before even submitting it.

Oh wait, their AGILE not ITIL.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    It’s not. I don’t expect anything but it would be nice to get a “we’re sorry for screwing you” gift of, say, 600 I.S.S. Defiant schematics as recompense.

While I do wish they would provide a minor reward it is only 2 days. 240 schematics would be max you could earn over those 2 days.

I get why they are doing it and if it prevents issues in the upcoming event I am cool with it.

This would be cool and fair, no less, no more! 2 days of maximum schematics on the 3 divisions is fair, and I also understand and prefer this change to occur before and not during the event!
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I can understand people's disappointment if they are close to a ship build but on the other hand, if you just wait long enough, they will come back around. And really, other than the "coolness factor" the ISS Defiant doesn't offer more then the ISS Enterprise. Personally, I'd rather they change the Dabo wheel schematics but I suppose that using them as replicator food is good too.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish I’d known this earlier so I’d have saved a few days rewards for the changeover, but not a huge deal. Guess I’ll just go into the new ship with one day saved.

My Defiant is at 8/10 and I don’t expect I’ll be using it for anything more than I use the ones I have stuck at 7/10 from previous months. Since I have older ships at 10/10 that cover all the Defiant traits.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grumble, but I understand. In fact, I appreciate them avoiding potential issues. But it does negatively affect me. If I had known more in advance, I could have not tried for the next level and saved more for the new ship.

In any case, my annoyance here is far overshadowed by my pleasure at new crew spots.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I applaud DB for trying to anticipate an issue and address it early on. Sure, I might miss out on 2 days of Defiant schematics, but I should get 2 extra days' worth of Sarcophagus schematics. That seems fair to me.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more interested in knowing wich are gonna be next month schematics. Any word on that?

Double rewards for the last days should be more than enough to cover this huge inconvenience :smile:
  • Options
    Would 5 Terran Empire transmissions make you feel better OP?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I'm more interested in knowing wich are gonna be next month schematics. Any word on that?

Double rewards for the last days should be more than enough to cover this huge inconvenience :smile:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5572/update-players-choice-battle-arena-monthly-rewards-change-june-2018-edit-05-29-12-43-pm-et#latest
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

More often than not, I agree with you on stuff. However, time and effort is not "free".

Is this going to change my game? Not really. It will slightly. Enough that I was sure to prioritize arena play each day before and after reset. Am I pissed? No. A little "blah, bummer" when I saw it? Yeah, and I don't think that equates to astoundingly entitled.

I understand it's good to avoid event catastrophes but like mentioned above, this isn't something unforeseen; they even acknowledged it was last minute and seem aware that advanced notice would have been more appropriate.

If I was the company, in that same email, I'd just send everyone the difference in schematics that they possibly could have accumulated in those few days. Easy way to make everyone happy. But, I am not the company, unfortunately for everyone who optimized their schedule to get the ship to level 8 instead of 7.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess what the real problem is, is that Ship Schematics are useless until the ship gets to Level 8.
    Mabye Skirmish events will change that but I'm still not buying the ship packs; I can do without them as I only need one ship to fly around in.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    @Torias327 - Have an 'Awesome' for "McGuffins of Energy" :D
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

Right on man. Remind me to never buy these guys lunch. I’ll hear about how it wasn’t the restaurant they wanted for the rest of my life

Problem is your "favour" cost them diarrhea.
  • Options
    jestergeniejestergenie ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

THOSE REWARDS ARE FREE.

You seem to care more about new event than ship schematics. I, on that matter, care more about ship schematics than this new event. Don't try to tell me your opinion is more valid than mine. Simple decency dictates not to change rules if the game is on. This is a very, very simple concept known to each and every civilized human being.

AND NO, THESE REWARDS ARE NOT FREE.

This discussion has been closed.