Home The Bridge
Options

Skirmishes a huge time sink

I have played skirmishes for about 15 minutes and am already sick of watching the slow ship battles. This is more of a chore than the 5/5 arena battles per day. Seriously this is not an Xbox game where you sit and play for 5 hours. Please don't make skirmishes a frequently used event type because it's worse than expedition events.

Comments

• Options
    It is the very definition of tedium
  • Options
    You could tell this when they announced it. I don’t even like doing the daily ten battles. Let alone how many this event is going to make me do
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see how long the novelty lasts.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    There's no watching long battles if you have the right crew

Interesting I discovered the ferengi ship is way faster than the bounty.

But it's a huge timesink because the intel caps at 1200 and you can get a ton of intel from ship battles.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    V. wrote: »

But it's a huge timesink because the intel caps at 1200 and you can get a ton of intel from ship battles.

Personally id rather the Skirmishes be a bit more challenging, or give the option to make them more challenging and make it cost more to get more and as a result do less of them? cause this is going to get repetitive fast.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

Intel doesn't cap at 1200. I'm sitting on 2558 intel at the moment I'm writing this.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Intel doesn't cap at 1200. I'm sitting on 2558 intel at the moment I'm writing this.

Think he meant intel costs for skirmishes, which it does cap at 1200
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I see now. Yes, the cost caps at 1200, but there doesn't seem to be a cap on how much you can store up. Though I think it will reset to zero at the shift to phase 2???
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭

I see now. Yes, the cost caps at 1200, but there doesn't seem to be a cap on how much you can store up. Though I think it will reset to zero at the shift to phase 2???

I think the cost to do the battles will reset. hopefully the intel will reset also.

This has the potential to get real ugly. You can do a new battle for what 160 chronitons? Or even 120?
    It comes down more to who is willing to do it for 10 hours vs. 12 hours.

They can reduce a lot of pain here by nerfing the intel from space battles tenfold.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Im finding this as tedious as arena battles, which I consider a necessary pain in the rear, this would be better as a hybrid , faction/skirmish 4 days of this reset or not is going to get old fast.........seriously its already getting beyond boring
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I think the cost to do the battles will reset. hopefully the intel will reset also.

I hope to God that the Intel doesn't reset for phase 2. Intel cost, yes, stored Intel, no If you spend chronitons and run ship battles to get Intel, it better not get wiped away mid-event or there are going to be a whole lot of support tickets asking for refunds of spent chronitons or worse, asking for money back on chroniton purchases in the time portal.

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    How is it not tedium? I mean its the same 5 damn battles over and over.
    No different opponents, even galaxies have different recipes.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The boredom of space battles is offset by the little thrill of loot boxes between skirmishes. It helps that I got 100 chrons on my 4th battle. I've gotten about 4-500 honour as well so far.

This is one of the upsides. I've gotten chrons, honour, intel, credits.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Regardless of the ship you use it still takes that painful 15 seconds or so to even get started and have the tiles pop up. It's very tedious. I was playing while watching tv and just mindlessly clicking.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bit embarrassing. Some battles on Epic I don't get the chance to trigger the abilities of my second of my two Killys before the enemy explodes.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    The boredom of space battles is offset by the little thrill of loot boxes between skirmishes. It helps that I got 100 chrons on my 4th battle. I've gotten about 4-500 honour as well so far.

This is one of the upsides. I've gotten chrons, honour, intel, credits.

So far my maximums per loot box have been:
    - Chronitons 300.
    - Honor 150.
    - Intel 60(?)
    - Credits 3000.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    So far my maximums per loot box have been:
    - Chronitons 300.
    - Honor 150.
    - Intel 60(?)
    - Credits 3000.
    VP 600 (usually 300)
    Chron 150 (2/3 time it's 76) EDIT: Just got my first 300. And I'm in top 100...
    Honor 300 (mostly 76, got 2 or 3 150, they are even rarer than 300 for me)
    Intel 120 (Usually 60, sometimes 30)
    Credits 6000 (1500 or 3000)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also received a *** portal pull
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    VP 600 (usually 300)

Also 1500

hg0qak3nmdt1.png