Home The Bridge

Fourth triple Guinan this month

Comments

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Honestly I was more annoyed at wall of Suraks. Com-Sci Suraks. As often as Guinan-wall. At DIP gauntlet. Essentially it was Random-Guinan(Oh, well)-Surak-Random-Guinan-Guinan-Surak-Random-Guinan/Surak Dip/Sci-Surak. I get Guinan, but why RNG drops so many Com-Sci? Probably same reason why Eng gauntlets have every third round is Picard/Kahless... Gauntlet is not true RNG, but weighted to give strong opponents and NOT "main skill of this round".
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I have Guinan and I have lost several times to 25% Nurse Garland. It’s not impossible without Guinan.

I also just beat a FE Guinan with my Mirror Phlox for the MED/SEC combo. I was probably pushing the odds when I tried that, but hey, it worked!

I use Nurse Garland as a counter-play too, but you got super lucky if you beat Guinan with her in this gauntlet. And the complaint is not about Guinan per se, its about her being 65% 3 times in a month.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    This gauntlet I have faced nothing but walls of Guinans, Suraks and Nurse Garland.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Honestly I was more annoyed at wall of Suraks. Com-Sci Suraks. As often as Guinan-wall. At DIP gauntlet. Essentially it was Random-Guinan(Oh, well)-Surak-Random-Guinan-Guinan-Surak-Random-Guinan/Surak Dip/Sci-Surak. I get Guinan, but why RNG drops so many Com-Sci? Probably same reason why Eng gauntlets have every third round is Picard/Kahless... Gauntlet is not true RNG, but weighted to give strong opponents and NOT "main skill of this round".

It’s almost like people saw that it was a DIP-themed gauntlet and loaded up crew with DIP to fill out their gauntlet roster.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It’s almost like people saw that it was a DIP-themed gauntlet and loaded up crew with DIP to fill out their gauntlet roster.
    I have no problem with people taking Surak. I have problem with third of the Dip gauntlet being Com/Sci because Com/Sci have strong character to break winning chains.

PS. Or when Med gauntlet have more Picard and Kahless than actual Med.
  • One of the more interesting changes they could make is to add an aspect from voyages regarding the featured skill, so that say the main skill is tech every member of your team has to have that skill, whether it's the main, secondary or tertiary - would likely encourage a mix-up of the teams that people take too, and potentially unusual skilled characters more attractive to the player base
  • Preach, brother. Even with walls of Guinans, I still find a way to turn the gauntlet into a merit farm rather than a merit sink. Not pushing buttons is easier than pushing buttons.

You get to the point where it doesn't matter anymore. Spend or don't spend, it's all the same after awhile. I have something like 27,000 merits with no idea how to spend them. I spend regularly on refreshes, but still accumulate merits. I occasionally buy things in the factions stores just for fun, something that I've advised against. I don't want to buy merit crew pulls because a) I never get anything useful, and b) I never get anything useful.

So spend away I say. Win enough battles and you'll collect merits and probably not spend them on other things.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Wundigore wrote: »
    I use Nurse Garland as a counter-play too, but you got super lucky if you beat Guinan with her in this gauntlet. And the complaint is not about Guinan per se, its about her being 65% 3 times in a month.

Locutus is 65% in the gauntlet I'm in right now.

640?cb=20140613204334
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ANOTHER one.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Aaaand happened again!
    6gtdzyp6sxnu.png
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    We got a 2 day reprieve...
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Maybe Guinan is in charge of RNG and keeps her name in there. She was on Earth hundred years ago maybe still is.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iz U Jokin?

k0hppcn6avdh.png
  • I think I am gonna sit this one out just to switch to the other day tomorrow. I have Guinan, and I'm not really concerned with how well I do, but this is really boring.
  • I sat 1 Guinan Gauntlet out only to face another today.
    x2s90rby92av.jpg
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m even going to sit this one out because it’s boring to do he same gauntlet with the same team and opponents every. Freaking. Day.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    must be the 6th one in 4 weeks?? whats going on! Gonna start tracking this

8 Jun - El-Aurian, Counselor, Bartender
  • I am sure this is intended. DB wants burn our merits
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Can we assume that we are due for a run where the caretaker is at 65% so those of us who have not got either will be doubly screwed?
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Can we assume that we are due for a run where the caretaker is at 65% so those of us who have not got either will be doubly screwed?
    IIRC there was already Caretaker run pretty recently.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    IIRC there was already Caretaker run pretty recently.

I think I've seen him at 45%, but don't recall a 65% Gauntlet, yet. Though, if it was before I got him, I can't say I would have noticed.
    l44g2fbq4nqz.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think the traits are manually assigned and that there is a Dev who actually plays the game and is so enamored of having Guinan in his collection that he keeps selecting these.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The traits are manually assigned. Nod confirmed that. Otherwise we'd see Brutal/Elorian/Vulcan or other unrealistic combos. Someone at DB has clearly decided to see how players react to continuous walls of 65% Guinan.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    9x0alnm2gyur.png
    Despite often having slightly better proficiencies, this is the usual outcome for me with mirror matches...😞

Try going up against the mirror on the left, regardless of stats. You will win much more often than you should doing this. It is totally counterintuitive and you feel like you are just red-shirting that play, until you win which makes it kind of awesome to foil the RNG.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The traits are manually assigned. Nod confirmed that. Otherwise we'd see Brutal/Elorian/Vulcan or other unrealistic combos. Someone at DB has clearly decided to see how players react to continuous walls of 65% Guinan.

It was confirmed that trait combinations were not random, but a short list. I don't recall an explicit comment on whether the combination chosen was random from the short list, or a predefined order. The reply from BP in Engineering strongly suggests the former, but that's getting harder and harder to believe with each 65% Guinan.
    Quote from BP in Engineering: "I checked with the production team. It’s not a bug. Just incredibly rare RNG." Uh huh.....
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s Guinan’s birthday? Some sort of twisted celebration
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • @Shan this is now the 5th/6th time in 4 weeks now that Guinan's traits have come up in gauntlet. Can you please confirm that you have made the relevant Team/Person aware of this?

Regards Grim.