Home The Bridge

Fourth triple Guinan this month

13»

Comments

• WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    One reason this is super annoying beyond what even Locutus presents is there is only one other El-Aurian and hardly any bartenders (only 2 Quarks have the trait and one is 1* version). Also, when this combo comes up Guinan is 65% and NO ONE is 45% Soren is 25% and in the Star Trek world, unlike the real one, it seems bartenders are not counselors.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quote from BP in Engineering: "I checked with the production team. It’s not a bug. Just incredibly rare RNG." Uh huh.....

Translation: I'm too lazy to check if there is a bug, so I will blame RNG until players present me with enough evidence to prove it's not RNG and I don't have a choice.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The traits are manually assigned. Nod confirmed that. Otherwise we'd see Brutal/Elorian/Vulcan or other unrealistic combos. Someone at DB has clearly decided to see how players react to continuous walls of 65% Guinan.

It was confirmed that trait combinations were not random, but a short list. I don't recall an explicit comment on whether the combination chosen was random from the short list, or a predefined order. The reply from BP in Engineering strongly suggests the former, but that's getting harder and harder to believe with each 65% Guinan.

@Travis S McClain tracked the number of occurrences for each triplet for A gauntlet, and there's also information regarding this on the Wiki- basically, all numbers seem to indicate that these are predetermined sets of traits.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    One reason this is super annoying beyond what even Locutus presents is there is only one other El-Aurian and hardly any bartenders (only 2 Quarks have the trait and one is 1* version). Also, when this combo comes up Guinan is 65% and NO ONE is 45% Soren is 25% and in the Star Trek world, unlike the real one, it seems bartenders are not counselors.

I read that last sentence and can’t help but think we need a 4* Dr. Boyce with the Physician, Counselor, and Bartender traits (among others).

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Philip_Boyce