Home The Bridge

Ooof...

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Ground all weekend to get my first sub-1000 finish in an event, was in the 700s an hour beforehand, and then...

nh40xqdbjl9w.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how you feel, at least a little. This morning I checked my rank before and after running a full set of five battles. I went from 1246 to 1248 despite getting 6k VP plus I think 150 or 300 bonus VP. From peaking at around 532 to falling out of the top 1000...it’s not a great feeling.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to watch how much I drop in a couple minutes. Try to get a estimate on how much it will be for the time left. If it seems it will be close try to get some skirmishes in.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    There did seem to be a considerable push by players over the last few hours of the Event to get into the Top 1000. When I dropped to a ranking of 1016 with just under 3 hours to play, I knew I would not be able to sustain staying above 1000, and stopped my pursuit. I ended up finishing with exactly a rank of 1250, which for those who may be wondering required 696,875 Victory Points.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch..

Yeah I was 648 approx when I woke up and I went back at it cause it didn't feel safe given how competitive this event has been. Didn't stop until 11:45 and was definately safe around 620
  • Believe you needed around 750,000 points to place top 1000. That’s about 8 hrs of grinding. Strong pass on that.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended with ~1350 and close to 700K VP. I think I had about 36K intel left. On my last skirmish got 225 chrons for overkill purposes. At some point last night I stopped running ship battles for intel and wasn't even close to being able to burn it out.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So help me out, Roga Danar, 2/4. Should I keep him? I feel like he's only going to be useful if he gets the augment trait. Still, that's 2 citations I'm going to need. I feel like the airlock is calling.
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Seems that a lot of the activity was in the band of players trying to “ catch up” at the end of the event and squeak into the top 1k. I had done some late night grinding to pull myself to about rank 450 about 10 hrs before the end of the event. Came back with just two hrs remaining and found myself around rank 750. Did some reps and finished 588. In short, people who were already *well* into the top 1k seemed to be mostly out of the grind game by the last few hrs, and so it didn’t feel too furious from my perspective. But again, I can only say that for those ranks, among players who frontloaded their play. It was actually the most difficult to make headway earlier in the weekend when I was dancing around ranks 1000-1500, so it doesn’t shock me that that became even worse at the end.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that happened. I want even close, but then, I wasn't really determined, either.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    So help me out, Roga Danar, 2/4. Should I keep him? I feel like he's only going to be useful if he gets the augment trait. Still, that's 2 citations I'm going to need. I feel like the airlock is calling.

I'm in the same boat. He'll never be useful, his stats are meh, The airlock seems to be straining against its releases.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

He’ll get a small bonus for the rest of the event while DB re-evaluates the Augment trait FWIW.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they've made him usable for the rest of the Mega, but I'm not sure if at 2/4 he's worth my time and energy to level up.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭

He’ll get a small bonus for the rest of the event while DB re-evaluates the Augment trait FWIW.

Really? Where did I miss that from?
    Elynduil wrote: »

Really? Where did I miss that from?

The thread for the next event
    Shan wrote: »
    The original post will be updated to confirm the following:
    - Mirror Ezri Tigan and Zhian'tara Odo will count as "Dax" to remain consistent with what has been done in previous events
    - Rogna Danar will provide some bonus for the remainder of the Mega-Event, while work continues on a reassessment of the "Augment" trait.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see, I'm 23 comments behind on that one. Thanks!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe you needed around 750,000 points to place top 1000. That’s about 8 hrs of grinding. Strong pass on that.

Show your math? I think that's a big overestimate.

750k / 6k points per round = 125 rounds * 3 mins / round = 375 mins (6:15).

This does not even include various rewards of points mid-event. It also took me closer to 2:30 to clear a single round, but made for easier numbers here.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ground out the first half, walked away from it the last 8 hours and still came in under 500
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the top 500 dropped a little but still finished sub 1000, was a bit of a ball ache but I really wanted sisko. Sure dB will hit the next one with the nerf bat. I lost count of who I leveled in the event.
    DB: Do Better
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 1100th two hours before the end of the event.

I've decided to grind as hell so my final rank was 628th!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe you needed around 750,000 points to place top 1000. That’s about 8 hrs of grinding. Strong pass on that.

This does not even include various rewards of points mid-event. It also took me closer to 2:30 to clear a single round, but made for easier numbers here.
    I did 4 minutes per round mr. mathematician. Which I thought was a reasonable estimate. Given every now and then you would check chat or look up from the screen in an 8 hr stretch. The math here is so basic I was unaware that showing my math was a necessity for some of you.

I try not to make assumptions about where people get their numbers from. Asking how you came about your estimate was clearly some sort of personal affront, triggering your snark and witticism, I shan't make the mistake again.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished at 324. And I don't feel as though I was glued to the game. In fact, I went to a party one evening and didn't check the game at all.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I found out I got as many chrons as I spent together with the honor given, I did as much as life would allow. Finished 133. I spent all the credits I earned through the event and through supply kit farming on basic portal pulls to accrue more honor. I began the event with 27000 and ended with 54000 (there were two elusive treasure 10 pulls in there which approximated 4000 honor). That was also with airlocking all the crew from the rewards. With those honor totals I will certainly participate as much as life let’s me in future Skirmish Events.
  • I was determined since my sisko was 4/5 and I was able to finish under 1000 to immortalize him.
  • p5ejpgdrziwh.png
    Was rank 400 something at 2 oclock last night so i decided to sleep and i also got under 1000! Glad i didnt fall out before 9 oclock
  • Believe you needed around 750,000 points to place top 1000. That’s about 8 hrs of grinding. Strong pass on that.

I did 4 minutes per round mr. mathematician. Which I thought was a reasonable estimate. Given every now and then you would check chat or look up from the screen in an 8 hr stretch. The math here is so basic I was unaware that showing my math was a necessity for some of you.

hahahahahaha
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • So help me out, Roga Danar, 2/4. Should I keep him? I feel like he's only going to be useful if he gets the augment trait. Still, that's 2 citations I'm going to need. I feel like the airlock is calling.

Purple crew with Jury Rigger.....yes please!
  • Captain May I.Captain May I. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Worked a midnight shift last night and ground out a bunch of missions to get to 270 @ 925,000vp where the Chrons seemed to quit dropping so I called it good. Went to bed at 350 with 4h to go and woke up to find I finished 424. I feel the OP pain, I’ve had a 1003 and a 1007 finish!