Home The Bridge

Ooof...

Comments

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the 1001+ club, I have finished their quite a few times and its super irritating. Oh well, be glad that you didn't add 200k to your honour debt.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't know... I don't think I am that great a player. there are lots of people a whole lot better then me. I get blown up in the Arena as much as the next guy. Still, I finished in the top 1000 with not a lot of effort. Plus I really didn't feel burned out at the end.... I still could have blown up ships for a few more days :P Plus I got a real bad start, I got blown up twice before I figured out what I was doing and it took me awhile to learn that I could farm Intel from Space Battles.

However, once I figured out what I was doing, I shot my rank up to around 300 and then just played a few battles every now and then to increase and maintain my rank.

And Bob's your uncle,

aj6l9cfeg4pj.png
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say why I got sidetracked in the last hour and a half, but it was worth it. However,
    for the sheer amount of effort I put in I darned well feel that a legendary in the threshold is something I deserve. This kind of thing is what makes so many say 'threshold and out' - but if there was the chance of getting a threshold copy AND a ranked copy, these events would surely take off. My final VP was 784250

owlu4x803ta4.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say why I got sidetracked in the last hour and a half, but it was worth it. However,
    for the sheer amount of effort I put in I darned well feel that a legendary in the threshold is something I deserve. This kind of thing is what makes so many say 'threshold and out' - but if there was the chance of getting a threshold copy AND a ranked copy, these events would surely take off. My final VP was 784250

owlu4x803ta4.png

Ooof... yeah, I made the mistake of eating lunch. :(

Though now I want to know what sidetracked you...?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    I don't know... I don't think I am that great a player. there are lots of people a whole lot better then me. I get blown up in the Arena as much as the next guy. Still, I finished in the top 1000 with not a lot of effort. Plus I really didn't feel burned out at the end.... I still could have blown up ships for a few more days :P Plus I got a real bad start, I got blown up twice before I figured out what I was doing and it took me awhile to learn that I could farm Intel from Space Battles.

However, once I figured out what I was doing, I shot my rank up to around 300 and then just played a few battles every now and then to increase and maintain my rank.

And Bob's your uncle,

aj6l9cfeg4pj.png

It is not necessarily about skill, it is about chronitons. If you stockpile/buy enough, drop them all and use whatever you get (items or intel), you will get a top 1000 finish in galaxy and skirmish events. I had a really good start but soon realized I wouldn't be able to keep up with the group stockpiling chronitons. Initially, I dropped all my chronitons, upgraded a lot of characters but then I just cruised through the weekend enjoying the event and using my stockpile of intel. Used it all, finished top 2500, collected about 10 000 honour and had fun. 😀
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not necessarily about skill, it is about chronitons. If you stockpile/buy enough, drop them all and use whatever you get (items or intel), you will get a top 1000 finish in galaxy and skirmish events.

With the caveat that only 1000 people can finish in the top 1000, it was easily possible to finish top 1000 in this event without stockpiling or buying. Normal earned chrons, including voyage and skirmish rewards was sufficient.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I did not stock pile in my main or my secondary.
    My main even has Chrons. Sitting in messages waiting to be used and I still have the same number I had before the event.

My main was left with 50k Intel and my second account had 20k Intel when event was over.

I used Young Khan in all my ship battles except first skirmish. I realized I needed him for max VP reward and bonus reward chances.

In first 24 hours I was gaining Intel not losing it. I had a supply kit running almost all the time through event. Also voyages supplied me with Chrons. which was used on ship battles to provide intel.

With 14 hours left in event, I switched back to away missions with only a few ship battles. As I said, I ended with 50k intel in my main account and 20k intel in my second account. I had gotten both accounts over 1 million in VP.

Edit: I could have had one account at 2million. Not worth it for the little extra reward. But, how high should I have gone, only really needed to get in top 1000 after that the only better rewards occur at 25 or higher.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I did not stock pile in my main or my secondary.
    My main even has Chrons. Sitting in messages waiting to be used and I still have the same number I had before the event.

My main was left with 50k Intel and my second account had 20k Intel when event was over.

I used Young Khan in all my ship battles except first skirmish. I realized I needed him for max VP reward and bonus reward chances.

In first 24 hours I was gaining Intel not losing it. I had a supply kit running almost all the time through event. Also voyages supplied me with Chrons. which was used on ship battles to provide intel.

With 14 hours left in event, I switched back to away missions with only a few ship battles. As I said, I ended with 50k intel in my main account and 20k intel in my second account. I had gotten both accounts over 1 million in VP.

I had the same as I started with as well but how many chronitons did you actually use to farm intel initially and over the course of the weekend? I started with about 2k but only used about 1500 initially on ship battles and coasted over the weekend once my supply kit expired. I had less than 1000 intel left so if you had 50k left and 1 million VP you dropped several thousand chronitons over the course of the weekend which is many more than I did. You also played a lot longer to get that million VP. Like I said, I had fun and just coasted once I saw I was being passed by. (Yes I was getting max VP for each skirmish as I had young Khan FF/FE). 😀
    Dralix wrote: »
    It is not necessarily about skill, it is about chronitons. If you stockpile/buy enough, drop them all and use whatever you get (items or intel), you will get a top 1000 finish in galaxy and skirmish events.

With the caveat that only 1000 people can finish in the top 1000, it was easily possible to finish top 1000 in this event without stockpiling or buying. Normal earned chrons, including voyage and skirmish rewards was sufficient.

Not quite. I had a decent stash but coasted. I had less than 1k intel left at the end so I maxed out my battles. If you had more stored/ purchased than me and dropped them, I wouldn't be able to pass you even if I maxed out everything. This, like galaxy, is a chronitons event. The difference is that it can keep you going in skirmishes. If you dropped 2k, you would get it back like I did. If you dropped 5k, you would get it back and if you used it, you would crush me like a bug. Another player had 50k intel left over, I am not sure if I even earned that much over the weekend.
    The only differences between skirmish and galaxy is that I had more fun blowing up ships and that the rewards for playing were much better than tapping recipes for hours in galaxy. What they have in common is the more chronitons you drop, the more you have available for intel or recipes. If you save for either one in advance you can have great success. It is just harder to pass someone in skirmishes if you fall behind because each battle set takes 3-5 minutes but in galaxy you can grab a million VP in a afternoon if you go all out or pre farm.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite. I had a decent stash but coasted. I had less than 1k intel left at the end so I maxed out my battles. If you had more stored/ purchased than me and dropped them, I wouldn't be able to pass you even if I maxed out everything. This, like galaxy, is a chronitons event. The difference is that it can keep you going in skirmishes. If you dropped 2k, you would get it back like I did. If you dropped 5k, you would get it back and if you used it, you would crush me like a bug. Another player had 50k intel left over, I am not sure if I even earned that much over the weekend.

You had the potential to make a LOT more than 50k intel from free sources.

"Recharge" time on intel was 4/minute. For the 4 days of the event, that, alone was:

4/min * 60 min/hr * 24 hr/day * 4 days = 23,040 intel.

You could also get 10 intel/chron (13.3333 if you used a kit).

Daily Regen + 3x 20 login chron rewards + 50 chrons from daily quests + 100 from fleet quest give 450 chrons/day which would 18k intel w/o a kit 24k with it.

Plus voyages, plus event rewards, plus any chron rewards you received during the event plus intel rewards from the event. Plus Friday/Monday cadets.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

I entered the event with less than full chrons. I purchased none. I used no sorrytons. I ranked 566. Maybe I ran more ship battles than you did.

"Recharge" time on intel was 4/minute. For the 4 days of the event, that, alone was:

Daily Regen + 3x 20 login chron rewards + 50 chrons from daily quests + 100 from fleet quest give 450 chrons/day which would 18k intel w/o a kit 24k with it.

Plus voyages, plus event rewards, plus any chron rewards you received during the event plus intel rewards from the event. Plus Friday/Monday cadets.

Right, I had the potential, I just chose not to because I knew many other players could drop more chronitons, just as many refrained from doing not to chase after Danar (see other post).

I also made a general statement about not earning 50k so no need to calculate it to the last intel. The free chronitons go only so far. Others have reserves in the tens of thousands which they can drop in a heartbeat to chase after something. I haven't built up those reserves because I have only been playing for 10 months and have a hundred characters I still need to equip to build up a strong crew.

My statement about this being an event about chronitons still stands. The more you drop, the more intel gain, the higher your potential ranking. A player with decent skill who drops 10k chronitons will have more intel at their disposal than I did. No math will change this. I am certain the top 1000 players used more chronitons than available from free resources gained from start to end of event. They must have dropped a good handful to start. Simple approximations will do, you don't need a calculator for this.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Right, I had the potential, I just chose not to because I knew many other players could drop more chronitons, just as many refrained from doing not to chase after Danar (see other post).

I also made a general statement about not earning 50k so no need to calculate it to the last intel. The free chronitons go only so far. Others have reserves in the tens of thousands which they can drop in a heartbeat to chase after something. I haven't built up those reserves because I have only been playing for 10 months and have a hundred characters I still need to equip to build up a strong crew.

My statement about this being an event about chronitons still stands. The more you drop, the more intel gain, the higher your potential ranking. A player with decent skill who drops 10k chronitons will have more intel at their disposal than I did. No math will change this. I am certain the top 1000 players used more chronitons than available from free resources gained from start to end of event. They must have dropped a good handful to start. Simple approximations will do, you don't need a calculator for this.

You made a specific and demonstrably false statement. Sorry you can't take ownership of your mistake.

I made top 200 and had zero chronotons saved going into the event. It was very feasible to do well with nothing saved. Your assessment that top 1k spent resources to get more chrons is 100% incorrect.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @Average Guy
    I do not stash Chrons.
    I use up my Chrons. pretty much everyday.
    Since my crew are leveled (I have two on each account I am slowly leveling for daily achievements) all I do now is farm components. But, now I really only run 4 chron missions. Unless I decide I need common components, if so, I run the best mission to farm them on the wiki. I Ad Warp rare and superrare (and recently uncommon database)

Many of the 4 chron cost missions contain Galaxy items. So I am well prepared for a Galaxy event if I want the legendary crew (yet to happen)

So at most I might have had my max Chrons of 194.

Edit: I mentioned I achieved 1 million VP in both my accounts I forgot to mention I did use four supply kits on each account.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Since it was the first event of this kind I looked at my ranking after a day or two of play and realized that was no way to place top 1k. On Sunday I realized that it was attainable and that I blew my chance. However I was not sure that between dumping every chron earned from rewards, voyages, fleet rewards and daily earnings that I could have pulled it off without speding money. I did not nearly get as many chroniton bonus rewards as a squadron mate despite pulling the bonus each time. I got a ton of honor however. The numbers just did add up to me, so I spent my chronitons on leveling crew, no huge regrets that was my choice.

I have missed the 1k threshold numerous times, which is even more hard on your when you already have 4 copies of the Ranked 4 star.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

You made a specific and demonstrably false statement. Sorry you can't take ownership of your mistake.

I made top 200 and had zero chronotons saved going into the event. It was very feasible to do well with nothing saved. Your assessment that top 1k spent resources to get more chrons is 100% incorrect.

I did not buy any chrons. I ended up with about 2000 more than when I started. Ranked 133

Banjo1012 wrote: »

I did not buy any chrons. I ended up with about 2000 more than when I started. Ranked 133

Sorry if I already said that. There’s so many of these skirmish threads I don’t know what’s where

• Dralix wrote: »

I entered the event with less than full chrons. I purchased none. I used no sorrytons. I ranked 566. Maybe I ran more ship battles than you did.

Same deal and I got to 288.

(I will caveat that by saying I got a stupidly chron rich 8 hour Voyage back about 10 hours into the event)
  • Cookies are for closers. You want it, got to go get it. The 1,000 players that grinded their way to a copy of Sisko just wanted it more. Besides this event was worth the time spent, rewards were great. I'll grind the next one like a mad man too.
    Cookies are for closers. You want it, got to go get it. The 1,000 players that grinded their way to a copy of Sisko just wanted it more. Besides this event was worth the time spent, rewards were great. I'll grind the next one like a mad man too.

Amen to all that

Well then, I guess I stand corrected. Enjoy your cookies.
  • Cookies are for closers. You want it, got to go get it. The 1,000 players that grinded their way to a copy of Sisko just wanted it more. Besides this event was worth the time spent, rewards were great. I'll grind the next one like a mad man too.

Can i get some milk for that...or will i have to grind like a mad man to get that too? :wink:
    Cookies are for closers. You want it, got to go get it. The 1,000 players that grinded their way to a copy of Sisko just wanted it more. Besides this event was worth the time spent, rewards were great. I'll grind the next one like a mad man too.

Can i get some milk for that...or will i have to grind like a mad man to get that too? :wink:

Ain’t nothin like a tall glass of cold milk in the morning JL
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

It is nice! Dont mind warm milk at night either. Ooh maybe i want some ceral too!! Event cookies, event milk, and event cereal, those sound good!!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

It is nice! Dont mind warm milk at night either. Ooh maybe i want some ceral too!! Event cookies, event milk, and event cereal, those sound good!!

Now for the real question: chocolate milk or white milk with cookies?

Depends on the cookie. Opposites attract.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the cookie. Opposites attract.

Yes, as do Paula Abdul's dance moves :)
    White milk. All the way.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Depends on my mood and time of day.