Home The Bridge

Did shuttle revamp include addressing the "and" issue?

wonder if the shuttle revamp included addressing the "and" issue where from experimentation proved that there is a difference between " X and Y " vs "Y and X" for skills on shuttle missions showing the same percentage but vastly different success rates.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conspicuously absent in the announcement. Also, way too many shuttle UI tweaks including win percentage to not address it.
  • I am KirokI am Kirok ✭✭✭
    Great question!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we know is that Shan filed a bug report. All that acknowledges is it's something they will look at.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent out some federation and Klingon shuttles with only the 2nd And skill used again. I’ll be able to get 3 or so runs in before the event. If some other people do the same we should have enough data to make a reasonable guess
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    I might as well. It's not like I ever get any useful faction items anyway.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a plan.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until we get a announcement that explicitly states the issue has been resolved, I intend to send shuttles as I have for a while now with consideration for 1st/2nd skills rather than high/low skills.
    4/4 on the first wave.... displayed = 72% expected if still broken is about 20%
    One thing about why we don't hear anything, it would be a huge deal if they admitted to the wrong display percentage. I have pushed for top 25, having to do extra runs because of false fails. That costs money so it would be admitting to false data, intentional or not, that hurt the customer. That's why I expect anything to be steath.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I did a 4/4 as well with success in the high 70's. I chose some good ones with low primary.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting that better rewards for Concluded (assuming it will be better VP during the event) will be the only resolution we get to this-as in "You are getting better rewards for failing, why are you so worried about the chance of success?"
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Even if non-event AND shuttles got fixed, there's every likelihood the event shuttles wouldn't be. I expect and will treat the event as usual until somebody can show me they're fixed or DB owns up to their 30 month failure and claims to have fixed them. At which point I will cautiously test to verify.
  • If this was stealth fixed... AND it is somehow proven as such... What level of recompense would be acceptable for the issue?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if non-event AND shuttles got fixed, there's every likelihood the event shuttles wouldn't be.

I think there's approximately zero chance of this happening. There's no logical reason the fix wouldn't apply to both. So they'd have to go out of their way to reintroduce the bug into events. The shitstorm that would result wouldn't be worth any perceived benefit.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzh8jijqym6a.gif

Apparently this is now “Mission Concluded”...
    7/8 now...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until we get a announcement that explicitly states the issue has been resolved, I intend to send shuttles as I have for a while now with consideration for 1st/2nd skills rather than high/low skills.

I totally agree with this approach

edited June 2018
    Oh I'm sorry, I was getting the concluded message and not success. So my 2 failed. Both 84%

I'm slow and trying to catch up

bg4ic1hwcw43.png
    5bnbm9xqmv2g.png
    Yeah, there is a chance I was wrong in the first wave, see how the next one goes
    rzh8jijqym6a.gif

Apparently this is now “Mission Concluded”...

Well, it surely couldn't have continued? :joy:

I'm at 3/4 successes with a claimed 90% rate (only filled second skills and only skills). Small sample size, so will run some more.
    11/12, I’ll get 2 more runs before the event
    edited June 2018
    1/4 on the 84 percentage ones. Forgot about my second account. Will hopefully get up to 10 shuttles tonight

2/6 on an average of 84.8 so far

FINAL TONIGHT , 5/10 success with 86% shown between my accounts. Only expected 20ish % actual. So not sure if 'some' fix went in but I don't trust it yet.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    7/8 with claimed success rates ranging between 90 and 99%. I could've just been lucky, I guess.
    Went 50% on the last round, so 13/16 which is pretty much right on track. Certainly not conclusive yet. Sending out one more round.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Seems much more accurate to me now. Hard to say for sure and I reserve judgment until after the event!
    edited June 2018
    Well in total I went 11/16 on missions using the second AND skill. Shown percent was 85 average. I expected only 2 or 3 successful runs so I think they did a steath fix but it's not totally accurate yet.

Update, 13/18 passed. 2 more before the event starts.

Final 15/20 passed.
    Went 15/19 which is 78%, pretty much dead on with the expected success rate.

Combined with Sisko, elynduil and another fleetmate, looking like 42 out of 56 or 75%. Given that we had a range of projected % from 68-90% it looks likely that something was changed. I'd say if there is a strong incentive to use 2nd AND shuttle skills, it may be worth it, but proceed at your own risk....