Home The Bridge

Did shuttle revamp include addressing the "and" issue?

Comments

• Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know much about the calculations, but anecdotally I've noticed my shuttles are succeeding more now. I've got all the factions starred and usually only get 2/4 successes per run nowadays. 3 if RNG is on my side (not often). Since the update I've only had one shuttle "conclude". That's from five runs, so a 19/20 success rate when I'd expect more in the line of 10-12/20. Could just be going through an exceptionally lucky run of course, but there it is for what it's worth.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know much about the calculations, but anecdotally I've noticed my shuttles are succeeding more now. I've got all the factions starred and usually only get 2/4 successes per run nowadays. 3 if RNG is on my side (not often). Since the update I've only had one shuttle "conclude". That's from five runs, so a 19/20 success rate when I'd expect more in the line of 10-12/20. Could just be going through an exceptionally lucky run of course, but there it is for what it's worth.

If you aren't loading your AND slots in backwards, your observations are kind of immaterial.
  • RabbRabb ✭✭
    They didn't even fix the display bug where it shows the time and % chances based on the last mission you opened, not necessarily the mission you are about to start, and that's been a known bug for about 2 years now.

Looks like I will forever be clicking the VP marker bottom left to find what level of mission I'm actually starting, rather than the nonsense its possibly showing me.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Even if it is fixed, I highly doubt they would say. As that would be admiting there was a problem in the first place, and opens the door on compensation.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't loading your AND slots in backwards, your observations are kind of immaterial.

If they've made the odds generally better though, that might compensate for the second-skill nerfing.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

If they've made the odds generally better though, that might compensate for the second-skill nerfing.

Confirmed that the formula for displayed success rates has not changed, except for the bottom end of the range now correctly displaying as 14% if you load crew with no matching stats:

5o9y1zqo8gyd.png

As for the back-end formula now finally matching the front-end, that is the question...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roonis wrote: »
    Even if it is fixed, I highly doubt they would say. As that would be admiting there was a problem in the first place, and opens the door on compensation.

It's actually sad, as it really puts a low dollar value on integrity if that is the case.
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Roonis wrote: »

It's actually sad, as it really puts a low dollar value on integrity if that is the case.

Sad? Indeed.

True? More than likely.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I've been ignoring the skill order listed and have zero failed shuttles this event. One of my shuttles is a three seater with two seats being second skill only. I'd say that's close to conlusive right there.

This could have been a win for DB, but their head is so firmly implanted up their rear that they decided to pretend there never was a problem by not telling us they fixed it. So in the end, this is a net loss in confidence. Those dunces would have probably been better of not fixing it, at least in terms of my trust and respect for them. I hope this gets passed on, @Shan . Bad business practice.
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    I had 7 of my last 8 shuttles, all with 70% or higher displayed probability of success, fail with matching skill order, so I have no idea wtf is going on right now other than that RNG is out to get me.
  • MuffanMuffan ✭✭
    wfg wrote: »
    I had 7 of my last 8 shuttles, all with 70% or higher displayed probability of success, fail with matching skill order, so I have no idea wtf is going on right now other than that RNG is out to get me.

I just had all four of my shuttles fail.....that has never happened before. All were 80% or higher.
  • Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    The worst thing about this issue is that there is still no official statement, even after over a month :/. This is destroying every trust in percentages in general...
    I've been filling seats as if it's been fixed, and it's looking good thusfar from my side. In fact, I'm probably beating my projected 90% success rate, at this point.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way to tell for me, only one crew is very off skill, and the difference is 91% vs 86%, so I’ll never be able to tell during this event. It’s not like the crazy all primary engineering event where we had huge swings.

That said, once this ends, I’m running another 10-20 of the single skill federation shuttles. If they keep clocking in at 70% instead of the 15% we got before, I think it will be clear
    Do you think we should flood the forum until we get an official answer? If every day 10 of us just create a thread asking the question? They will have to respond somehow, no?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think we should flood the forum until we get an official answer? If every day 10 of us just create a thread asking the question? They will have to respond somehow, no?

They'll respond with a forum ban for violating community guidelines - spamming, causing disruption.

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2017/5/1/disruptor-beam-community-participation-guidelines
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have begun paying as if it were fixed and am scoring as well as I expect. I'm in the 4000 range and getting at least three successes each time, often four.

Official word would be nice.
    Was thinking more that if 10-15 people all posted one thread, it would be more like a strike, no one would be banned for 1 post, but it would force moderators to provide some kind of official response
    That might depend on how much effort it is to just merge threads...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect its been fixed. I didn't fail a single shuttle for a day and a half despite some less than ideal shuttle choices. This is in spite of doing things like send out 2x Bell Bashirs in DIP seats because there are almost no MED seats.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    This is in spite of doing things like send out 2x Bell Bashirs in DIP seats because there are almost no MED seats.

I’m using mine for a DIP seat too. This wouldn’t cause a questionable display percentage though unless it was a DIP and MED slot.
  • I truly think that if we were to get an official response, we would have gotten it by now. It would have been in the release notes or in one of the active threads about the issue. I also think that spamming the forum won't do anything but aggravate Shan who has no control over getting us an answer. I believe our best hope of hearing anything is if an employee decided to blow the whistle. Sorry but that's my outlook.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Muffan wrote: »
    wfg wrote: »

I just had all four of my shuttles fail.....that has never happened before. All were 80% or higher.

You must be using my shuttles...give em back
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The non answer is an answer. Shan is well aware of this issue and these forum posts.

I also haven't had major fails and my only adjustment is not caring about slots. So if it wasn't totally fixed, it was atleast somewhat fixed.

Problem is we should have been taken seriously for the last 18 months that our actual was always less. Lots of wasted resources and really, lost customers who quit over it. Next time an entire community brings the concern with so much data, it should be taken seriously for sake of DBs business.

If it wasn't so embarrassing that Shan/DB thinks they can ignore the issue, their approach to customer relations would be laughable.

Ignore an issue for 18 months while all your customers tell you there is a problem. Then when customers assemble enough proof that you have no choice but to listen, acknowledge that you file a ticket. Then when you realize your customers were right all along silently fix the issue without saying anything because you don't want to admit that you should have listened 18 months earlier. And finally assume that the people complaining for 18 months will sit quietly and not question/notice when you fix it without telling anyone.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am convinced it is fixed. Or I'm having much better luck than ever before.
  • edited June 2018
    I'll add a data point. Not one shuttle fail, so far, on my alt, knowing that i'm consistantly filling the 'And' slots backwards on shuttles.

Edit: also no fails on my main account, making sure to fill all slots correctly.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
    Yeah, as I said in another post, If they are already making changes to the shuttles, and doing ver/val testing, they would address significant bugs/defects. That is why I am so called that we are getting no response.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, as I said in another post, If they are already making changes to the shuttles, and doing ver/val testing, they would address significant bugs/defects. That is why I am so called that we are getting no response.

They arguably can't respond. If they admit fault, even if just in saying it is corrected, players would have a case for compensation. They can stand behind the "affected all players equally" line, but for folks who time boosted a displayed high percent due to that high percent, or dilithium completed it, they were affected more. And folks who learned of the problem and avoided the shuttles were impacted less, so the line would not hold true as a defense.

They are kinda backed into a corner. The right thing to do would be to admit it, and send out some large compensation to everyone, and then use the "all players equally" stance after doing SOMETHING as reimbursement for the issue. At the same time they are likely looking to reduce this type of liability, so since there is an easy no compensation defense, I'm not surprised they don't deviate from it.