Home The Bridge

Who is going all in for this latest galaxy event for Species 8472

Who is going all in and how many chrons do you expect to put in? I know some people farm so the amount of items someone already has and event characters matter as well.

Who is going all in for this latest galaxy event for Species 8472 175 votes

Going all in! I have 10k plus chrons...
5% 9 votes
Going all in! I have 5k - 10k chrons...
5% 9 votes
Going all in! Wishing for some luck!
7% 13 votes
Threshold and out...business as usual.
82% 144 votes

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap base status for 8472, no thx. Money saved.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Isn’t answering this kinda like showing the whole poker table your hand?

Only if you’re angling for top 1000.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭

I don't even think you could get a sample size big enough to discourage someone from top 1000 here.

someone thinks something like 20k chronos is enough to make a run at first likely, I expect a new record galaxy score this week closing in on if not over 6 million. Popular character+mega event+ skirmish prefarming + last galaxy event was unpopular. This is gonna get spicy.
  • Roonis wrote: »

I don't even think you could get a sample size big enough to discourage someone from top 1000 here.

someone thinks something like 20k chronos is enough to make a run at first likely, I expect a new record galaxy score this week closing in on if not over 6 million. Popular character+mega event+ skirmish prefarming + last galaxy event was unpopular. This is gonna get spicy.

Yea there are a lot of factors so I thought it would be fun to see what's on everybody's minds...
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Roonis wrote: »

I posted something similar on my fleet's discord. While I really would like 8472 I worry about how crazy it will be to get in top 1000 and I have 25000 chronitons saved. Depending on how things play out I will probably just go for threshold.

Honestly, this shows the problem with the reward structure. If I am going to dump chronitons and try and rank getting a 1 star legendary isn't overly exciting. I know I won't be able to make top 15 so I don't try to get much higher than top 1000 in these events.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Honestly, this shows the problem with the reward structure. If I am going to dump chronitons and try and rank getting a 1 star legendary isn't overly exciting. I know I won't be able to make top 15 so I don't try to get much higher than top 1000 in these events.

If we are talking about how much competition we are expecting for top 1000, I don't think that means there is actually a problem with the reward not being exciting lol. I agree it means if it's not a personal favorite for you, it's not worth fighting the angry hordes.

• EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I have 8000 chronotons and I am going to try for the top 1000 but that doesn't mean I am going to use them all.... I am kind of ambivalent towards this one.... the last one I went all out for was Killy and spent way to much $$ on that event.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will see how it goes, but I'm aiming at at least one ranked Seven of Nine.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thresholds and out. Best of luck to anyone that goes for top 1k.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is Sarina, so probably Threshold and Out.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the least bit interested in Species 8472 (I'd probably airlock the thing if I ever got it), and I've had Drone Seven Immortalized for a long time.

I was planning on being Bashir and out until I saw that Sarina is threshold. I'll FF her for the Augment collection, and then I'm done. Threshold and out.

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Doing thresholds gets me 4 Sarinas for free and Seven is already immortal. Perhaps the easiest "threshold and out" ever for me

Ditto. This has been my approach for the last 3 or 4 galaxy events at least, since they've done a better job including one existing 4* crew, where've at most I've needed just a single copy (community reward) for the existing crew.

Now I can use the 5k chrons I have stockpiled this week to level up crew, and maintain a stockpile for the skirmish/galaxy portions of next week's concluding event.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Same thought i had
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this event as a relatively easy top-1000 finish for anyone that wants it (ok, not anyone but players w/ 5K chrons by Thursday). Very few established players want/need Drone 7, so threshold-and-out is a viable answer for many. Perhaps this is a chance for some newer players to unexpectedly snag a legendary - one that would upgrade their gauntlet crew and give them more success there too. (Yes, I understand both the strengths and flaws of Species for gauntlet - but those are less relevant if you don't have a deep crew currently.)

As for the OP's question... I will be in the top 1000. Perhaps I'll see you there.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    My plan is to wait and see. If it looks like getting top 1000 is going to be a painful slog I will threshold and out. Otherwise I might go for it.

I have the crons regardless
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats one reason I love galaxy events. I can FF the new card and be all done for the weekend by Thursday evening. Not that I don't enjoy checking my stupid phone every 3 hours for shuttles for 4 days straight.
  • I’ll have 3000 at the start and that’s been enough to get me into the top 1000 easy in past Events, as long as I keep cranking out Voyages. Have another 9000 in messages but I don’t expect to need any of those.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep the powder dry. Just wanted Sarina from this one.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    Not this time, but I will be pleased to get Sarina immortalized and counting toward the Augment collection. I was hoping to get to the magic 10 during this event.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have back issues to sort. And Metalocalypse to catch up on whilst I sort those back issues. Its probably a better of my time to tap my way to getting only Sarina.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thresholds and out.

Sarina looks like an excellent card, Sci, Tech and Med, I should 4/4 her on the first day.
    Drone Seven I have immortal, so no point in chasing another copy.

Species 8472 I would like, but expending the effort when I don't need Seven is a waste of time.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Doing thresholds gets me 4 Sarinas for free and Seven is already immortal. Perhaps the easiest "threshold and out" ever for me
    agreed! Threshold and out, time and chrons saved for levelling crew
    DB: Do Better
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see all the threshold and out. I'm new and I only have 1/4 Drone Seven. I might have a shot to get the other three.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see all the threshold and out. I'm new and I only have 1/4 Drone Seven. I might have a shot to get the other three.

If you already have 1/4, then with community reward you only need 2 more.
  • I've got over 33,000 chronitons saved. So getting into the top 1000 isn't going to be a problem. But this is going to be a threshold only event for me.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got over 33,000 chronitons saved. So getting into the top 1000 isn't going to be a problem. But this is going to be a threshold only event for me.

You are showing the entire poker table your hand
  • I did 2 pulls, 1 Seven (Honor) and 1 Species 8472... so another threshold and out! Good luck to all those in the fight!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got over 33,000 chronitons saved. So getting into the top 1000 isn't going to be a problem. But this is going to be a threshold only event for me.

You are showing the entire poker table your hand

It's a galaxy event. Isn't everyone's hand the same? Spend chronitons and tap, tap, tap all weekend.