Home The Bridge

Who is going all in for this latest galaxy event for Species 8472

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I've got over 33,000 chronitons saved. So getting into the top 1000 isn't going to be a problem. But this is going to be a threshold only event for me.

You are showing the entire poker table your hand

It's a galaxy event. Isn't everyone's hand the same? Spend chronitons and tap, tap, tap all weekend.

Exactly
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got over 33,000 chronitons saved. So getting into the top 1000 isn't going to be a problem. But this is going to be a threshold only event for me.

You are showing the entire poker table your hand

It's a galaxy event. Isn't everyone's hand the same? Spend chronitons and tap, tap, tap all weekend.

Oh no. It’s all about how many chrons you got in the bank. Those are the cards that are face down

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing your cards doesn't matter if you sit out the hand.
    Dralix wrote: »

This is not the only time we will sit at the table. Even next week has a Galaxy portion
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not the only time we will sit at the table. Even next week has a Galaxy portion

We're stretching the poker analogy to its limit. Suffice it to say that I don't think any person saying how many chrons they've saved will have any significant impact on their future performance.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 155,000 chrons and I'm aiming for threshold. Unless I decide not to.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I've got 3,000 chrons and I'm going to sit out this event. And I promise that I won't buy any chrons or stockpile anymore before the next Galaxy event. So the next hand, you can just assume that you know exactly what I have. It couldn't possibly change.

4ccteixd7iml.gif

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it really made the gif work. ;)
    Farewell 🖖

Then one day soon I will see you in our race for the winners circle

• Ive got x amount of chrons saved, there now everybody knows...yet nobody knows!! Engage poker face.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got 3,000 chrons and I'm going to sit out this event. And I promise that I won't buy any chrons or stockpile anymore before the next Galaxy event. So the next hand, you can just assume that you know exactly what I have. It couldn't possibly change.

4ccteixd7iml.gif

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it really made the gif work. ;)

Nice Spaceballs meme. Unfortunately this is Star Trek, so you might consider a Galaxy Quest meme.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did give it a moment's thought, but no - Eighty's fun to look at but I don't mind missing out, and I really think I'll get more satisfaction out of working on my existing crew after threshold is done than driving myself nuts putting everything into the galaxy grind.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see all the threshold and out. I'm new and I only have 1/4 Drone Seven. I might have a shot to get the other three.

I'm the same, I have her FE so really happy that I have a chance to finish her. As for aiming for the top 1000, galaxy events are where I tend to rank best, and now that skirmish has been invented i believe more of the veteran players will prefer to spend their chrons there (honor and holoemmiters being much more valuable to them), so I think newer players have the best chance of a good rank if the stats aren't fantastic for the 5*. Also, they might not be great when compared to all the other cards available but I cannot deny Spicy8 would be a good addition to my crew, esp gauntlet.

My decisions on whether to go for a high rank or not are entirely based on what my OH does and if I want to beat him. Currently we have a first-to-legendary (in event rank) house battle and he has far more chrons than I do. For the last few galaxies I've been threshold, still very much undecided. Will probably wait for a day or two and see how the event is going. It's quite easy to tell in a galaxy, just see how long it takes to get the community reward :)
  • Not really threshold and out because my Seven only has two stars now and I'd like to fully fuse her, but I have very little interest in Species 8472 (who's requesting these weird characters and where can I request the characters I'd like?), so I'll let someone more interested get that top 1000 rank. B)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lummelunda wrote: »
    Not really threshold and out because my Seven only has two stars now and I'd like to fully fuse her, but I have very little interest in Species 8472 (who's requesting these weird characters and where can I request the characters I'd like?), so I'll let someone more interested get that top 1000 rank. B)

There is a stickied post on this very forum:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/48/most-wanted-ships-and-crew

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

Then one day soon I will see you in our race for the winners circle

That's the plan :smile:
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Doing thresholds gets me 4 Sarinas for free and Seven is already immortal. Perhaps the easiest "threshold and out" ever for me

Ditto x 10
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save no chrons for these, I would rather level crew, clip my toenails, hit my little finger repeatedly with a hammer, things like that.

vkzlkbeoqrqy.jpg

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole poker thing---

Unless you are going for #1, the forum base isn't going to be that reliable of an indicator due to the sample size. If you're trying to gauge top 1000, you may have a lot more threshold and out in the forum due to a number of factors (which I'm not going to go into but you get the drift).
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I understood the initial poker comment very well - and that it was completely appropriate - precisely because I now that @Banjo1012 is one of those players who is both interested in, as well as capable of, achieving a # 1 Ranking in a Galaxy Event. Put another way, I knew right away the comment had nothing to do with finishing in just the Top 1000.

For me personally, while I will not be "going for it" in this Event, I do hope one day to try finishing # 1 in an Event, and it would be most helpful if @Banjo1012, @[10F] Belle'Anna and certain other players would tell me ahead of time when they will not be trying to do the same in a future Galaxy Event ;)
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Other

Bashir and out. I was fortunate enough to draw 3 8472 in five pack pulls from the $25 pack offer.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • I don't have a single copy of Drone 7 of 9 and would love to get 4 of them, but I don't think the effort I'd have to put in to get just to 2000 will be at all worth it. So threshold and saving my 6500 chrons for something else.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Thank you! <3
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I pulled 3 packs hoping for 8472. I got a couple Sarina, so whatever I have to do to FF her. I already have Seven FFFE. If I get a wild hair I may play for 1000, I really do like Species 8472.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • LegolasLegolas ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Happy to see all the threshold and out. I'm new and I only have 1/4 Drone Seven. I might have a shot to get the other three.

Yeah I’m with you on this. I’ve already managed to FF Drone Seven (started off with 1/4) and I have 8472 up to 4/5 stars just from doing 10x pulls. So far...despite all of the disappointed posts it seems to be getting, I’m loving 8472.

• [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    Other

Bashir and out. I was fortunate enough to draw 3 8472 in five pack pulls from the $25 pack offer.

I lied, I went to 100K for he final uniform item for Sarina and then quit. Either way, I've got the rest of my weekend event free :smile:
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    much as i like 8472's stats i will not be able to rank that high but i hope i pull it out of the pack
  • Pros: 8472 fills somewhat of a security gap in my gauntlet lineup. I don't have Gangster Spock; my best useable (Disguised Kira and Will Scarlett lack in secondary skills) security person is Kahless. I have Borg 7of9 already immortalized so I can grab the rare items quickly.

Cons: really trying to save up chrons to compete when a three-skill Engineer with a base above 1200 is the five-star reward. 8472 is a two-skill crew with poor base stats. And I'm busy this weekend.

I've stopped at the threshold. Sarina will be nice for voyages, and it's another immortalized crew to go towards achievements. If I felt like micromanaging I could try for top 1,000, but I really don't.