Home Ready Room
Options

Please Help !!! Airlocking 4* Crew. Looking for Veteran advice. Thanks!

I would appreciate any and all help trimming down my crew. I need to decide the following:
1. Who to Airlock
2. Who to Freeze
3. Which 4* Crew to keep and level for Shuttle and Voyages
4. Which 4* Crew to keep for the Gauntlet.
5. Which 4* Crew to keep as Event Crew.
6. Which ones are Battle Arena All-stars and should be kept.
I feel like I have weeded out the junky 4* crew already and have some very good potential crew, like the 4* Michael Burnhams, Changling Scientists, Plotinian Kirk, President, Assim-Tuvoc, and some unique Event Crew. What worries me though is whether or not I will be able to Fuse them past 1 or 2*. So I don't know whether to level them or just save them and see if I can get more coppies later?

Just a little background. I am completely Free to Play and am currently at Captain level 44. I have 80 crew slots, 45000 Honor, 200 Dilithium and one 4* Citation saved up. Also, I like to crit all the Rare nodes and locked paths. What can I say, I'm a bit of a completist.

2* Cadet Crew: (All FF/FE and lvl 99 or 100)
Cadet Sito Jaxa
Off-duty Tilly (Replaced Picard who is now frozen)
Gaia Odo
Dabo Girl Leeta (In the freezer, replaced with Odo and Tilly)
Ensign Seska
Lt. Commander Data (Sometimes he makes his way into voyages or shuttle missions when I need extra engineering)
Science Officer Tpol
Security Chief Warf
Lt Tasha Yar
CMO Crusher
Nurse Kes

3* Crew
Initially I only focussed on the bare minimum crew to get me to to the Elite level of Weekend Cadet Challenges since I kept reading on the forums how useless 3* crew were. However, since some FE/FF 3* Crew have higher base stats than many 4* crew with only 1or 2*, I decided to Level the best 3* Crew so I would rank better in events while I collected more 4* and 5* crew.I figured I could always Valt them when I found better crew to replace them. So just about all of them work there way into Voyages and/or Shuttle missions.
Here's the list. All are FE/FF Lvl 99-100 unless noted.

Klingon Dukat (Cadet Crew keeper)
Rifle Janeway
Lt. Savik
Expedition Shran (Cadet Crew keeper)
Morn
Lwaxana Troi (Cadet Crew keeper)
Acting Nagus Brunt (Already Frozen)
Maquis Takeover Torres
Donik
Ensign Robin Lefler 2/3 Lvl 99
Chief Engineer LaForge 2/3 Lvl 90
Deana Troi
Commando Crusher (Thinking of freezing and replacing with Racquetball Bashir, since he might be better in Voyages, But then I give up one of my highest base Med stat until I work on 4 and 5* Med crew like Mintakan Troi, Bell Riots Bashir and Prisoner Katrina Cornwell)
Dr. Selar
Racquetball Bashir 1/3 Lvl 01 (Thinking of leveling him for use in the current Event and voyages, but maybe I should just start focussing on the 4* crew and not waste the Honor on fusing him to 3/3)
Subcommander Tpol
Ensign Mendon
Dr. Rega
Holodeck 3 Dr. Brahms 2/3 Lvl 99 (Need her for Science +Hologram + Civilian and Warp Theorist. Just cleared the Cytherian Highway nodes and another Science+Hologram node. Is she absolutely necessary for any others or can I freeze her and work on others like Dr. Hippocrates, Stamets, David Marcus, Feezal Phlox?)
Constable Odo (Cadet Crew keeper)
Private S Money
Talos IV Spock Lvl 3/3 Lvl 93 (Thinking of sending him to the freezer)
Commander Kang 3/3 Lvl 01 (Ive kept him only for his Battle Arena Ship ability, but my Kvort is only Lvl 4 so I haven' bothered leveling him yet. Considering Airlocking until the Kvort is fully leveled.)
First Maje Harron 1/3 Lvl 01 (It looks like hes now required crew to clear some nodes unless I have some pretty rare 4 and 5* crew combos)

Comments

• Options
    As a F2P captain, my opportunities and possibilities to Fully Fuse 4* and 5* crew are few and far between. As such I have been very cautious about which 4* and 5* crew I spend Chronitons on because after leveling a 1/4* to 100 there stuck with no way of Vaulting them. For this reason I3ve tried to keep as many good gauntlet crew as I can find since they don't need multiple stars to be effective. But now that I've collected and leveled almost all useful 3* crew I need to start weeding down and determining which 4* crew to work on to be my go to characters for Shuttle Missions and Voyages so I can progress in the game.
    Here's the list of 4*

Vulcan Weding Tpol 3/4 Lvl 10 (Keeper ?)
    Mintakan Troi 3/4 Lvl 10 (Keeper ?)

Tourist Quark 1/4 Lvl 100
    Ambasador Shras 2/4 Lvl 30 (He looks to have great base stats, considering leveling.)
    The President of Earth 1/4 Lvl 1 (Should he be a Keeper?)
    Celebratory Ash Tyler 1/4 Lvl 10 (looks to have good stats but will I ever fuse him?)
    Profitable Ishka 2/4

My engineering crew is definitely too thin. That's why I've kept extra 3* enginering crew. But this weeks Event is exactly what I need and I plan on placing high enough to get a 1* Drone 7 of Nine, 3* Sarina Douglas, and 1* Smiley O'Brien. That, along with The Caretaker, should solve my engineering problems, but I have to make room for them.
    Niners Rom 1/4 Lvl 100
    Time Loop Mudd 1/4 Lvl 90
    Undercover O'Brien 1/4 Lvl 93
    Hologram Barclay 1/4 Lvl 10. (Heard he **tsk tsk**, don't know if I should waste Chronitons on him?)
    Young Khan 2/4 Lvl 0 - Sitting in overflow (Considering keeping since he's got a good base engineering skill, but will I ever get him past 2 stars?)

1701 Jadzia Dax 1/4 Lvl 99 (Heard she's one of the best 4* Science)
    Reinforcements Stamets 3/4 Lvl 70 (Keeping)
    David Marcus 2/4 Lvl 1 (Need a Civilian + Scientist)
    Antak 1/4 Lvl 90 (Gauntlet)
    Graduation Michael Burnham 1/4 Lvl 40
    Prospect Michael Burnham 1/4 Lvl 20
    Feezal Phlox 1/4 Lvl 1
    Laas 1/4 Lvl 1
    Dr. Hipocrates Noah 1/4 Lvl 10 (Need a science + Hologram)
    Rogue Harry Kim 1/4 Lvl 1
    Arik Soong 2/4 (Thinking of just Airlocking him. I think I have better science crew and I don't think I'm gonna get extra copies in the next 2 weeks of the mega event.)

Rakal Troi 2/4 Lvl 90 (Gauntlet)

Klingon Neelix 1/4 Lvl 99
    Commander Ellen Landry 3/4 Lvl 90
    Platonian Kirk 1/4 (Event crew, planned on keeping he's my only Kirk)
    Assimilated Tuvok 1/4 (Event crew, Planned on keeping, my only Borg or Tuvok.)
    Lieutenant Tarah 1/4 Lvl 30

Agent Harris 4/4 Lvl 60 (Definitely keeping, maybe freezing once he's leveled.)
    Alidar Jarok 1/4 Lvl 69 (Gauntlet)
    Commander Tomalak 1/4 Lvl 40 (Gauntlet)
    Bajoran Dukat 1/4 Lvl 40 (Gauntlet)
    Commando Shran 1/4 Lvl 30
    Commander Sela 1/4 Lvl 1 (Heard she's good but she doesn't seem all that to me)
    Commander Keras 1/4 Lvl1

Terrian Posessed Kes 2/4 Lvl 1 (Unusual skill combo, considering keeping)
    Anij 1/4 Lvl 30
    Nurse Faith Garland 2/4 (Amazing Gauntlet stats, considering keeping.)
    Victorian Pulaski 2/4
  • Options
    Don't have many 5* crew:

Surak 4/5 Lvl 90
    Suus Mahna Sarek 1/5 Lvl 100
    Niners Sisko 1/5 Lvl 80
    Commander Keira Nerys 1/5 Lvl 80
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell 1/5 Lvl 70
    Bell Riots Bashir 2/5 Lvl 50
    Jazz Musician Odo 1/5 Lvl 70
    Mariachi Q 1/5 Lvl 43
    EV Suit Archer (Sitting in my messages waiting for crew space. Lol)
    The Caretaker 1/5 (Sitting in overflow waiting for room. I literally just got him on an amazingly lucky Gauntlet prize pull, I didn't even rank in the top 100. Oddly enough it was right around the time I got the achievement for completing 100 Gauntlet rounds)
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Well, too complicated and I'm not in thinking mood, but at quick glance you can safely airlock Anij and Keras. Not-in-pool 1/4, nothing spectacular at 1/4. Not leveled.

PS. Feezal is in pool, but nothing spectacular, I never even used mine, after getting last star she gone straight to freezer. She may be your voyage Sci, but Voyage Sci is not hard to find really and she's not main character. So as 1/4 lv1 she's another airlock candidate. Especially as you plan to airlock Arik Soong who is comparable and have one star advantage on her. Unlike Feezal my Arik is on Voyage crew too for his skill combo (only other with same combo on my crew is Toby Russel, while I have dozen dip/eng/sci of Feezal... at least dozen, 11 on my Voyage spreadsheet which Feezal is NOT on).
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Like al103, there's a lot more I could say, but it's a lot to go through, so I'll just give you this for the moment...
    • Lt. Savik - KEEP for weekend missions
    • Expedition Shran (Cadet Crew keeper) - You don't need both Dukat and Shran, as they cover the same skills. (Personally, I don't think you really need either...) Freeze one of them.
    • Morn - FREEZE
    • Lwaxana Troi (Cadet Crew keeper) - YES, KEEP for weekend missions
    • Dr. Selar - I was going to say Freeze her, since she's only one skill and not as useful, but then I saw it looks like she's your only rare MED, so keep for now, I guess.
    • Racquetball Bashir 1/3 Lvl 01 - AIRLOCK HIM
    • Talos IV Spock Lvl 3/3 Lvl 93 - Level up and freeze. (Although personally, I use him for my weekend missions.)
    • Commander Kang 3/3 Lvl 01- Put him on the back burner for now. You can always level him later.
    • First Maje Harron 1/3 Lvl 01 - AIRLOCK - He's not useful and he's also very unpleasant to level.

As for your 4* crew, I have a tertiary account which is also free-to-play, and I make it a policy to be very judicious about who to keep, so I would consider you airlock characters who are at 1/4 and not as likely to be event bonus crew as often (though some of them you've leveled up quite a bit, so for now let's stick to these)...
    • Celebratory Ash Tyler 1/4 Lvl 10 - I'd say AIRLOCK
    • Hologram Barclay 1/4 Lvl 10 - AIRLOCK
    • Prospect Michael Burnham 1/4 Lvl 20 - AIRLOCK since you have Grad Burnham and they fill similar roles
    • Feezal Phlox 1/4 Lvl 1 - AIRLOCK
    • Laas 1/4 Lvl 1 - AIRLOCK
    • Arik Soong 2/4 - Yes, AIRLOCK
    • Commander Sela 1/4 Lvl 1 - I'd say AIRLOCK -- she's a right pain to level, too
    • Anij 1/4 Lvl 30 - AIRLOCK

You will see a lot of these crew later on, when you have space for them and the resources to level them. So don't worry about "needing" them for some node way down the line. You can cross that bridge when you come to it. For now it's about not spreading yourself too thin.

But always keep all 5* crew.

As far as keepers, here are a few comments about some of them (although I wouldn't worry about leveling them just yet, as you should probably immortalize all your cadet challenge and advanced cadet challenge crew first)...

Some Who Are Helpful in Gauntlet:
    • Antaak
    • Bajoran Dukat
    • Nurse Faith Garland
    • Assimilated Tuvok
    • (and of course Surak, Sarek, Cornwell, and The Caretaker)

Some Who Are Helpful in Voyages:
    • Victorian Pulaski
    • President of Earth
    • Tourist Quark

That should help you clear out enough space so you can at least breathe a little easier. But you have way too many 2* and 3* crew active, so I would suggest you try to get those down to a bare minimum (no more than 5 or 6 of each), and freeze the rest. Any crew member who you don't use at least once in a 2 week period should be considered for the freezer or the dark cold of space. Good luck!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m about off to bed but I will confirm one thing my esteemed colleagues have not: Shras at 4/4* is an important staple on shuttles, even during events. I see a lot of DIP/COM or DIP/SEC shuttles that he is perfect for. Even after the assumed fix of the shuttle skill order bug, Shras is my #1 or #2 most-used purple character for shuttles and the occasional voyage. I think you would get more use out of him than Mintakan Troi or Wedding T’Pol, even at only 2/4*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulcan Weding Tpol 3/4 Lvl 10
    Mintakan Troi 3/4 Lvl 10
    Tourist Quark 1/4 Lvl 100
    Celebratory Ash Tyler 1/4 Lvl 10
    Niners Rom 1/4 Lvl 100
    Young Khan 2/4 Lvl 0
    1701 Jadzia Dax 1/4 Lvl 99
    Reinforcements Stamets 3/4 Lvl 70
    Graduation Michael Burnham 1/4 Lvl 40
    Dr. Hipocrates Noah 1/4 Lvl 10
    Arik Soong 2/4
    Nurse Faith Garland 2/4
    Victorian Pulaski 2/4

I have all of these guys at high levels (not all fully fused).
    I use them all the time and am captain level 57 with a good number of crew.

Stamets and Quark almost didn't make it on the list since I use them so much less now, but they were once key crew of mine.

Fun Sponge Graduation Burnham and Nurse Garland and Dr Noah and Niners Rom and Dax and Troi get use pretty much every day. Before Prisoner Cornwell and Darth Bashir, Victorian Pulaski was on most of my voyages.

Don't worry about the 3 star crew. You will soon outclass whatever of them you have. I suggest keeping only the few you want for cadet missions. All others can be leveled and frozen when fully fused. Any not fully fused should be kept at level 1 until fully fused so you can dump them for space as needed.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a veteran player not F2P, however I have completed all the weekday and weekend cadet challenges and I also think that's where you need to cut first.

For me, finishing the challenges was first on my list, I checked specific threads in the forums and asked in my fleet to get a list of what mix other players had. Everyone is a little different, and of course I was missing a couple of crucial crew. I concentrated on getting those crew finished that would unlock the stars.
    once I had them all done, I spent three days (tues, wed and thurs) checking which missions i run the most (I always need med experiments and encoded communique for example) I noted which crew members I actually used and then it was very easy to freeze whatever was left.
    I now have 6 left: Naomi, Kira, Festive Dax, Yar, Crusher and Kes. These 6 mean I can still compete nrly all the missions I want to do.

As for the rare crew, again I concentrated on clearing all the nodes. I was using Deanna for the longest time until i realised she just can't cut the diplomacy epic. You need Lwaxana for that. Anyway, I now get by with four really.....Saavik, Torres, Lwaxana, and Money (sometimes Ezri)
    I was also low on engineering (until I got Cochrane, and Niners Rom #awesome), and security so I've kept Klingon Dukat, IV Spock and Crusher around. However, in an effort to understand what crew I actually use I've started a list and mark every time I use a crew for voyages and shuttle's. Dukat makes it on every shuttle, I also use him in the arena. Money, Saavik and Spock often make it onto a shuttle.

I do have a lot more 4* immortalised which is where I get the majority of my use now. However, some to note: if I don't take Landry and Nurse Garland into my gauntlet I miss them. Depending on the skill mix, Garland beats Guinan and Landry can defeat Mirror Picard. Sometimes only once or twice but it can get me a good chunk of points. I always take Surak and then my others are a mix depending on what's featured. My current best eng in gauntlet is Drone Seven and she's quite rubbish really so I'm (totlly not at all) soooooooo jealous of your Caretaker.

Which brings me to the last piece of advice. If I were you I'd forget about cadets (for now) and work on your new Caretaker, Mariachi Q (i avoid him in gauntlet, he often crits 65%) and Bell Bashir (for current events, and his banging Med)..... they will make such a difference to your voyages and gauntlet and when they're finished you can go back to your cadets. I'd probably also use my honor on caretaker (if I had him, not that I even want him ;) altho tempting to use honor on lesser crew it really does make more long run sense to use them on legendary only.

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If you are completionist and a hoarder of cards then you will need to run bare bones. Save your merits / stockpile them
    Immortalise your greens and blues as quickly as possible then freeze them.

Keep three slots for the current day cadet missions you can preview the mission and check for the nodes you need to complete then you can review your immortalised crew in cryo and bring out whats required.

Then just run that mission over and over, next week do the next mission if you need to or farm whatever item rewards you need the most. Wait until dabo refresh then you can bring out the next three for the next day.

Weekday challenges I ran with Worf, Sito Jaxa, Dax, and Seska. I got missions down to a T - yes i could only do specific ones but they were good missions Science experiments on Monday Wednesday and Friday on Epic Level, and Thursday Medical Book (really really handy for making those stethoscopes) Tuesday's a bit forgettable now but I probably go for a low level mission that has faction Items as and when I need them (you'll find that some immortalised cadets can complete missions you would have thought they couldn't). I also got it to a fine art by only needing to swap 1 in, 1 out which helped save on merit expenditure.

For weekend I find Mara, Saavik, Torres, Spock work best for me (Spock is a pretty decent replacement for Kang for arena I find)

Keep a further 2 slots for Arena usually Smiley and Kang are favorites but there are some other blues that can fill in for Kang and it is better if they can double up on both weekend challenges.

My rule of thumb is if they are fully fused work on them then freeze them if you have to, if they are blue and 1/3 space them for now they will always drop again. Greens 1/2 you can hang on to a bit longer because there's a bigger chance of FF them but do also take in to consideration whether you are duplicating on skill sets (this is why I have only completed nurse paris when he was a recent threshold - and I still need to do phlox - why? space issues and Kes and Crusher are your answers to medical nodes on weekday cadet missions.

I think you need to do Quite a bit of damage control you have collected a lot of 4* crew that will not be in the regular portal for a while. For Example Vulcan wedding T'Pol and Mintaken Troi are very good crew very versatile not bad on shuttles, gauntlet if traits match and probably best on voyages points wise and you have nearly FF them so you should level these up and consider saving up honor citations for them they are the closest in relative terms to being completed.
    Conversely...
    Airlock Celeb Ash Tyler - It is a shame he has decent stats FF (for voyages) but you are never going to FF unless a pack offer comes up and you purchase it via $$$ or dilithium.
    Similarly Grad/prospect - check their 1/4 base stats before doing so just in case they are useful additions (but again something better will most likely come your way later on.

Keep Landry and Stamets as they are only one off a citation as well. I would go against the grain and keep as many in portal crew as possible when it comes to 4* because you are going to rely heavily on community reward pulls or voyage drops, the odd gauntlet reward to FF crew. (not that most wouldn't but it is your only way being F2P).

It's a bit of work but spreadsheets/diagrams help organise your thoughts the best I find, this is what I do therefore:
    l19xlf0wifsv.png
    There are more columns to the right noting voyage score then on a separate tab I note 1/4,2/4,3/4 stats to compare their worth. The ones in turqoise are event crew to be worked on, Yellow what I consider important cards I would like to hang on to for squad depth and the ones in red (bar 2/4, 3/4)
    are ones I could live without if the need to airlock them arises.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone that was kind enough to already read through all my nonsense and still leave feedback.
    You guys have helped confirm a few crew I thought was definitely Airlock worthy. As well as a few of the standouts.
    Hologram Barclay, Harron, Sela, are definitely on their way out.
    Ambassador Shras, is a Keeper.
    Still can't decide about Ash Tyler. He's only 1/4 but looks to have great long term base stats and Voyages ability.
    Morn and Spock are going to the Freezer
    Anij looks to have great Gauntlet stats. 320 Dip and 362 Med. It's hard to want to airlock her. Or does my 2/4 Nurse Faith Garland make her obsolete?

I have a hard time picking who I want my Rare Medicine Cadet crew to be. Commando Crusher, Deanna Troi, Dr. Selar, or Racquetball Bashir? Now I'm wishing I hadn't frozen Sniper Ezri Dax.
    Same thing with Science: T'pol, Rega, Mendon, Savik, Dr. Brahms. I know I can't keep them all. But, honestly the Science and Med crew all routinely wind up in shuttle missions and Voyages.
    Thanks for the help and suggestions so far. Theres definatelly more work to do so keep the comments rolling.
    CAPTAIN BIOMECHANIK
    F2P LVL 45

• Options
    Nurse Faith Garland is amazing and she makes my gauntlet as often as Mirror Phlox.

Go with Dr. Selar. As a female alien she covers Sat and Sun. She was also great for my gauntlet and voyages when starting.

Go with Savik. Female alien and she covers 100% science AND command for almost all cadet missions.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two thoughts:

1. Cut back your Uncommon and Rare Crew to only those needed for Cadet Missions/Arena, fully equip them, and freeze/airlock the rest. As much as possible, only Starfleet female aliens. There are a handful of combos that work for this, depending on your starbase boosts to stats, but here's what I use:
    • Mon-Fri: Cadet Sito (CMD/DIP), Science Officer T'Pol (SCI/DIP), Ensign Seska (ENG/SEC), CMO Crusher (MED), Nurse Kes (MED), Cadet Nog (SEC/DIP), Major Kira (SEC/CMD). You don't need a DIP primary with this lineup, which saves you one slot.
    • Weekend: Saavik (SCI/CMD), Maquis Torres (ENG/SEC/Arena), Lwaxana Troi (DIP), Deanna Troi (MED/DIP), Expedition Vash (SEC), Commander Kang (SEC/Arena).

2. Focus on improving your performance in events. This is the best way to get multiple copies of the same super rare crew. Therefore, prioritize:
    • crew with the best base stats (as only base stats matter in faction or galaxy events).
    • crew that are main cast characters from the shows (as they are more likely to come up as featured crew in an event).
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Regarding the second part of the above reply: At the level you're at, I wouldn't actually worry about how you perform in events right now. Galaxy events (whether full Galaxy or hybrid with Faction in Phase 1) and Skirmishes (when/if they show themselves again) are the only two where you'll probably be able to do much.

If you're able, try to get through the last crew drop in Galaxy threshold rewards so that you can get a 4/4 out of it. Other than that, don't worry about rank for the time being (because you probably wouldn't be able to rank highly enough to get the other super-rare fully-fused, so it'd just add another unfused 4* to your roster, which you don't need). And Skirmishes are mainly a time commitment, so you could potentially do well there with just a little chroniton buildup to start with. (I am guessing you may still just have two shuttles, so it's going to be hard to place well in Faction events at all — but of course it costs you nothing to run event shuttles all weekend, and you'll at least get something for your troubles.)

I do agree that it's best to start collecting main cast characters now, so that in the future you'll have more options for doing well in events, but actually focusing on event performance would be putting the cart ahead of the horse where you're currently at. (I know from where I speak, as I have an alt F2P account at a similar captain level as you, and the best I've done in an event on that account is top 5000, when I really had a lot of resources saved up to use. Mostly I finish much lower, and I don't always clear threshold rewards — in which case, I usually airlock the new 3/4 crew, rather than wait forever until they are added to the regular loot table.)

As I briefly touched on in my earlier post, I believe your top focus should be getting all Epic nodes cleared on the weekday cadet missions, and then all Epic nodes cleared on the weekend missions (though that will likely take longer).

Either after that or concurrently, you can work on leveling up good Gauntlet crew. Focus on your top performers first. Maybe work on leveling one Gauntlet crew along with 2 cadets or rares.

I would also suggest you work on no more than 3 crew at one time. Spreading out your trainers and chrons amongst numerous crew will get frustrating, as you will not see any of them grow very fast. On the other hand, narrowing in on just a few will give you a sense of accomplishment and will also pay off in better drops from cadet challenges, regular away missions and Voyages.

Speaking of Voyages, I assume you're able to do 4 hours with no problem, but you should also be able to hit that 6 hour dilemma every so often, as well. But again, I wouldn't worry about focusing specifically on crew to help you with Voyages, until you've gotten to the point where your 2* and 3* cadet challenge crew are all immortalized.

The last thing I'll add (I know, this is becoming a wall of text :p ), is to join a good fleet, if you're not already in one. I have gotten a ton of support and advice from my fleetmates, not to mention that the camaraderie makes this game a lot more fun and engaging.

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ton of advice ... haven't read it all so sorry for any repeat ... here's my advice (this is how I did it anyway, and I'm quite happy with where I am today ... as a f2p player).

-First & foremost! DO NOT do any portal pulls for crew of any sort for the time being, crew should ONLY come in through Voyages and Events. You'll have a tough time keeping up with levelling them as is, no need for extra pressure coming in from crew pulls. Use shuttle boost pulls to meet your daily achievement target. Do portal pulls once you've completed the following points:

- Any FF 2* and 3*s should be levelled and frozen once immortalised. DO NOT worry too much about their use at the moment, usually you can have any non-FF crew cover them on cadet missions. The key is to continually be levelling 2*s and 3*s and getting them off your roster on a daily basis.

- The ONLY 2*s I'd keep on my roster are; Sito, Pazlar/Jadzia and Seska ... those 3 will allow you to run the majority of weekday cadet missions for the time being. You can defrost any additional crew at a later date.

- The ONLY 3*s I'd keep on my roster are; Torres, L. Troi, Ezri and Saavik. They can also cover most weekend missions.

- I wouldn't keep someone on my roster for Arena at the moment, waste of space, just use anyone else and you can normally get a decent rank (top 10%) (I know because I do so).

- Start levelling the occasional 2/4 or 3/4 (or 5*) and have those as the backbone of your crew ... should you manage to FF them (except the 5*s), freeze.
    Once you've completed all your FF 2* and 3*s, level the 1/2s and 2/3s ... those will be your cadet crew. Should you get stars on Voyages then FF, freeze and replace with one of the above mentioned 2*s or 3*s ... or make space for new event crew.

- Critting nodes etc. will come once you've built up a strong crew in your cryostats vault ... just bring them out when you need them to crit a node.
    Remember, frozen crew are yours forever ... crew you airlock ... well, you need to rely on luck to get them back, now for 2* and 3* crew that isn't too back, but 4* crew can be elusive.
    I'll freeze anyone, even though they are my best crew in their skill (e.g. 3* Odo, McGivers at one point, Niners Rom, a Burnham etc. etc.) if it means I do not have to airlock anyone. I haven't airlocked someone I did not have in more than a year now.
    My crew basically consists of a handful of cadets, non-FF 4*s and 5*s.

(caveat ... as f2p, I use Honor to add a 4th star to all the new threshold reward in events where we cannot get 4 copies through those threshold rewards (e.g. Faction events) ... and to add a star to mega-event 5*s.)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find in my signature a link to a forum thread I have for crew dismissal decisions. It even has a flowchart! :tongue:
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm F2P and a completist, as well.

2* Crew
    Keep five of your 2*s active - Cadet Sito Jaxa, Ensign Seska, Science Officer T'Pol, CMO Crusher and Nurse Kes (optional) - for weekday cadet missions. Freeze Tilly, Odo, Leeta, Worf, and Yar.

3* Crew
    Eventually you can trim down to just Lt. Saavik, Torres and Ezri, but since you're using them for Voyages/Gauntlet/Missions right now, don't worry about freezing your Rare crew until you use up the 5 slots freed up from 2* reorganization. But once you do, it looks like you have up to 20 slots to free up, so you're good for a while.

As for the 4* crew, I find Mintankan Troi very useful on Voyages, and Rakal Troi useful in Voyages, Gauntlets and Shuttles.

1701 Jadzia is also a heavy lifter for me across the board. Once you're a full on 123 player (immortalized all common, uncommon, rare crew), you can freeze most of them and start spreading your crew slot net wide to catch drops of existing super-rare crew, so try to hold on to them as long as you can. If (when) you get to the point where you do have to sacrifice some super-rares, start with those 1/4s who 1) aren't in the drop pools, 2) have only 2 skills, 3) low gauntlet/voyage/shuttle value and 4) don't complete any collections. And if you're a collector, don't airlock any Voyage-only crew you may come across, as it's difficult/impossible to get them elsewhere - if space is a commodity, delay getting them as long as you can (unless you really just can't resist ;) )

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    2* Crew
    Keep five of your 2*s active - Cadet Sito Jaxa, Ensign Seska, Science Officer T'Pol, CMO Crusher and Nurse Kes (optional) - for weekday cadet missions. Freeze Tilly, Odo, Leeta, Worf, and Yar.
    He's at the stage where he wouldn't get much if at all ** Security Codes from shuttles... meaning Worf is mandatory to farm them on M/W/F. Because Uncommon Security Codes are needed all time all the time.

Speaking of minimalist cadet crew I use Sito/Seska/Dax (well, T'Pol probably full analog but didn't checked if she can do all Dip nodes Dax can) with Worf, Crusher and Kes being sometimes unfrozen as needed to farm something specific.
  • Options

It's a bit of work but spreadsheets/diagrams help organise your thoughts the best I find, this is what I do therefore:
    l19xlf0wifsv.png
    There are more columns to the right noting voyage score then on a separate tab I note 1/4,2/4,3/4 stats to compare their worth. The ones in turqoise are event crew to be worked on, Yellow what I consider important cards I would like to hang on to for squad depth and the ones in red (bar 2/4, 3/4)
    are ones I could live without if the need to airlock them arises.

Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet? I'm finding that I'm feeling bogged down with 173 crew and really need to find a way to focus my attention. Your sheet looks like it would help me a lot.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how to start my own post so I hope you don't mind me highjacking yours. I've got 9 untrained purple and was wondering if any were good enough to keep. My weakest stats are Eng and Med.
    Northstar Archer
    Tash
    Cadet Wesley crusher
    Cardasian kira
    Resistance shakaar
    Captain kurn
    Kilana
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen
    Forra Gegan

Regarding starting a new thread, you have to be level 2 here on the forums to do so. I've given your post an "awesome" which gets you closer — and if you add an avatar to your profile, I believe that gets you the rest of the way, so you should be able to post new threads after that.

As for the above, I'd say you can safely dump Tash, Kurn, Rasmussen and Gegen. Kilana can be helpful down the line with a few nodes of the episodes, and I think Shakaar is helpful in that regard as well (but I could be misremembering that, as it's been awhile since I cleared all the nodes). The other remaining rew are worthwhile simply because they're main cast characters and thus will be more likely to be event bonus crew in the future. However, none of them have particularly great stats, especially in the skills you listed.

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Untrained at how many stars?

From purely mechanical standpoint:
    Northstar Archer - collection, decent stats
    Tash - freeze/airlock fodder (decent only if you don't have alternatives)
    Cadet Wesley crusher - 2 skill trash
    Cardasian kira - most common triad and NOT excellent. But event crew.
    Resistance shakaar - 2 skill trash
    Captain kurn - 2 skill trash
    Kilana - 2 skill trash, IIRC hard to level, may be useful for some nodes
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen - freeze/airlock fodder (decent only if you don't have alternatives, sec-primary one at that)
    Forra Gegan - freeze/airlock fodder (decent only if you don't have alternatives)

Essentially all but Archer and Kira are easily airlockable. Kira is airlockable. Archer is must keep.

For old player all are pretty much meh to bad at anything less than FF. For new some are decent at 1/4 - those that are over 600 base which is what? Archer again? Berlinghoff is close.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    However, none of them have particularly great stats, especially in the skills you listed.
    Archer is decent enough Voyage Eng despite it being low tertiary. Mostly because of high two other stats, but anyway. He's likely to find himself on Eng voyage for most of new players at least. With deep crew he filters out to Com/Eng, Sec/Eng and maybe Eng slot on Com/Sec and Sec/Com but deep crew is not exactly fast thing to get.
  • Options
    I don't know how to start my own post so I hope you don't mind me highjacking yours. I've got 9 untrained purple and was wondering if any were good enough to keep. My weakest stats are Eng and Med.
    Northstar Archer
    Tash
    Cadet Wesley crusher
    Cardasian kira
    Resistance shakaar
    Captain kurn
    Kilana
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen
    Forra Gegan

Welcome. When I was new, Shakaar was among my best crew for two months, and I only had him at level 70. He's still at 70, for that.

Many of those crew are not much compared to what you can boast in a few months.

Keep Archer and Kira, definitely. Main cast crew come up in events more often.
  • Options
    Hi everybody,
    I'm new to the game, but already spent some money and got some Legendaries. Precisely, I've got 2* Bell Riots Jadzia Dax and 2* Bell Riots Bashir from the latest event, and yesterday I was lucky enough to get Falcon O'Brien (spent $25 immediately for a second star) and The Keeper.
    The very idea of killing 4* crew is completely new to me. I've got a lot of them, and it would be hard to kill any of them :blush:
    Killing Arik Soong? Why? I've got 4* of him, and he's my primary Scientist. He has nice skill set and decent combat bonuses.
    I've did my best to assemble French Admiral Q at 4*, and will not kill him, even though he isn't going to be a Command hero as I've hoped. But he's the most beautiful hero I have :smile:
    Thanks a lot for the guidelines, guys!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hi everybody,
    I'm new to the game, but already spent some money and got some Legendaries. Precisely, I've got 2* Bell Riots Jadzia Dax and 2* Bell Riots Bashir from the latest event, and yesterday I was lucky enough to get Falcon O'Brien (spent $25 immediately for a second star) and The Keeper.
    The very idea of killing 4* crew is completely new to me. I've got a lot of them, and it would be hard to kill any of them :blush:
    Killing Arik Soong? Why? I've got 4* of him, and he's my primary Scientist. He has nice skill set and decent combat bonuses.
    I've did my best to assemble French Admiral Q at 4*, and will not kill him, even though he isn't going to be a Command hero as I've hoped. But he's the most beautiful hero I have :smile:
    Thanks a lot for the guidelines, guys!

Q - I would keep very good purple imo - however you may need to use honor citations to fully fuse him even so at 1/4 he can be useful in gauntlet.

If you have soong 4/4 keep him immortalise him then use him on voyages he is a 3 skill card and if you don't have many 4/4s you will be using him quite often on voyages for now - he also has decent SCI base for going on shuttles. (once he is immortalised you can always freeze him).

Air locking Purples is usually a last resort, general rule of thumb stick with minor characters 2 skill cards are often more prone to be airlocked for their limited usefulness - though there are many 2 skill crew are worth keeping.
    Always check their stats on the STT wiki - or Crew 100 spreadsheet - if the potential stat is better than your current crop - then it's worth having.

But always send out greys/greens (and some blues) of the airlock first.

NB: Congrats on your expanding gold collection, Falcon O'brien and the Keeper is quite a catch.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options

Northstar Archer --> keep (see others).
    Tash --> irritating to level and not great.
    Cadet Wesley Crusher --> related event crew.
    Cardasian Kira --> event crew.
    Resistance Shakaar --> not really worth it, 2 skill.
    Captain kurn --> not really worth it, 2 skill.
    Kilana --> handy traits, keep if you do not have those covered (Dominion). Event crew.
    Berlinghoff Rasmussen --> I have him 1/4, but have never bothered to level him, no idea, but probably not worth it.
    Forra Gegan --> if you are lacking ENG (even though he is SCI main), then keep, he's pretty decent for skills (both for shuttles and voyages) ... if you are just starting out he's worth it.

via the wiki you can go to the crew cost calculator and compare crew ... handy when trying to compare base score, voyage scores etc.
    The very idea of killing 4* crew is completely new to me. I've got a lot of them, and it would be hard to kill any of them

If you fully fuse, fully equip (FF/FE) and level a 4* to 100 then you put them in cryostasis, this is not killing, but keeping for a time when they are more useful.
  • Options
    Q - I would keep very good purple imo - however you may need to use honor citations to fully fuse him even so at 1/4 he can be useful in gauntlet.
    Yes, I've got 4/4 :smile: Two copies from the Fathers Day event + two citations.
    If you have soong 4/4 keep him immortalise him then use him on voyages he is a 3 skill card and if you don't have many 4/4s you will be using him quite often on voyages for now - he also has decent SCI base for going on shuttles. (once he is immortalised you can always freeze him).
    I've got 4/4 during the event. Will I need extra copies to "immortalize" him?
    I've got a lot of them. Should think about airlocking some :smile:
    NB: Congrats on your expanding gold collection, Falcon O'brien and the Keeper is quite a catch
    Thanks man! I've got a Diplomacy leader (J.Dax), Medicine leader (Bashir) and Security leader (O'Brien). I also have Lt. Wesley Crusher for Engineering leader, so only Command and Science left.

• Options
    Yes, I've got 4/4 :smile: Two copies from the Fathers Day event + two citations.
    I've got 4/4 during the event. Will I need extra copies to "immortalize" him?
    I've got a lot of them. Should think about airlocking some :smile:
    NB: Congrats on your expanding gold collection, Falcon O'brien and the Keeper is quite a catch
    Thanks man! I've got a Diplomacy leader (J.Dax), Medicine leader (Bashir) and Security leader (O'Brien). I also have Lt. Wesley Crusher for Engineering leader, so only Command and Science left.

Nice so then all you will have to do with Soong and Q is level them up to 100 to immortalise them.

RE: Greys and Greens - I would more or less ignore Greys for now, however if you have leveled them high(ish) +50 and have trainers to spare they don't take that long to complete. Their only benefit is the collection bonuses, and immortalising achievement (only way of earning dilithium for free) and they may eat precious resources.
    Early days I ignored them and focused on Greens and Blues for cadet challenges. Later game if a grey should happen to drop in a voyage that would be my one of choice to immortalise along with the more important crew I was levelling at the time. Greens are all handy with exception of Boomer Mayweather - In fact I think I still havn't done him. Worf, Seska, Sito Jaxa, Festive Dax (are my favoured personnel), Crusher and Kes.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but If so, In had an idea...
    In Matt Decker's reply he lists his uncommon cadet crew as
    Two thoughts:
    [*] Mon-Fri: Cadet Sito (CMD/DIP), Science Officer T'Pol (SCI/DIP), Ensign Seska (ENG/SEC), CMO Crusher (MED), Nurse Kes (MED), Cadet Nog (SEC/DIP), Major Kira (SEC/CMD). You don't need a DIP primary with this lineup, which saves you one slot.
    [/list]
    I run a very similar lineup: Sato, T'pol, Seska, Crusher, Kes.
    Only difference is in the security, I use Yar and Warf.
    And I use Tilly for Deplomacy... but if I don't need Dip...
    Is there a way to combine these two setups and drop an additional slot, down to 7 ?
    So that would be: Sito, T'pol, Seska, Crusher, Kes, Nog and Kira.
    Does this work?

Also, just as a follow-up. I wound up freezing my 2* Cadet Crew down to 8. Froze a couple 3* and trimmed the fat a little on the 4*. This gave me enough room to add The Caretaker, EV Suit Archer, and a bunch of event crew: Smiley O'Brien, Sarina Douglas, Mirror Leeta, Drone 7 and still have one extra slot open to bring back my frozen Dabo Girl Leeta for this weeks event.

Thanks again to the community for the advise. And maybe we can figure out if the 7 cadet crew idea actually works?

Captain BIOMECHANIK
    F2P Lvl 46
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but If so, In had an idea...
    In Matt Decker's reply he lists his uncommon cadet crew as
    Two thoughts:
    [*] Mon-Fri: Cadet Sito (CMD/DIP), Science Officer T'Pol (SCI/DIP), Ensign Seska (ENG/SEC), CMO Crusher (MED), Nurse Kes (MED), Cadet Nog (SEC/DIP), Major Kira (SEC/CMD). You don't need a DIP primary with this lineup, which saves you one slot.
    [/list]
    I run a very similar lineup: Sato, T'pol, Seska, Crusher, Kes.
    Only difference is in the security, I use Yar and Warf.
    And I use Tilly for Deplomacy... but if I don't need Dip...
    Is there a way to combine these two setups and drop an additional slot, down to 7 ?
    Does this work?

It depends on what you want ...

1. Do you want to be able to run all the missions (Elite on Thursday)?
    2. Do you want to be able to run the most possible missions with the smallest number of crew ... if so, the most reduced version is actually 3 2*s ... Sito, Seska and Pazlar/Jadzia/T'Pol ... back when I ran the reduced set-up there were no starbase/collection bonuses and 2* Jadzia and T'Pol did not exist, so not sure which of the three is best.

I currently have plenty of room so have not fine-tuned my set-up at all. I'm running 8 but could probably cut/exchange a couple easily. I have had it on my To Do list since I immortalised 2* Doc, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Does this work?
    *yawn* Already posted in several threads. A bit starbase (or collection) dependant, but Sito, Seska, Dax (maybe T'Pol, didn't tested), Kes, Crusher, Worf. 6 cadets. Can do every mission. Most of them even without starbase, rest mostly at low risk.
  • Options
    On the 2* part:
    1. I would advise you to freeze Lt. Commander Data, (you have Seska for that), save that space for Holoprogram Barclay, he might cover all the Engineering Data is giving you now and more!
    2. Freeze Tasha Yar, you already have Worf.
    3. Freeze Off-Duty Tilly, she is nos useful for non-human missions, you have T'Pol already for that, there you have 2 places left to use with whatever crewman you need and you keep a 4* crewmen such as Holo Barclay.

On the 3* part:
    1. Freeze Rifle Janeway, Lt. Savik, Expedition Shran (as mentioned above you have Dukat), Morn and Donik (5 extra places to start covering with crew)
      more!
    2. If you have Sniper Ezri she would replace Lwaxana and Deanna Troi with her mix of skills,
    3. Keep Maquis Takeover Torres, she is useful for both Weekend cadet challenges (combined with Deanna Troi and/or Odo ) and Sucommander T'Pol
    4. Level, complete and freeze: Ensign Robin Lefler 2/3 Lvl 99 and Chief Engineer LaForge 2/3 Lvl 90
    5. Freeze Selar, Ensign Mendon, Dr. Rega and Private S Money
    6. Airlock Racketball Bashir

The hardest skills to obtain are Engineering and Medicine, I would advise against airloking any crewmen with such habilities, even more if they are combined with Science.

On the 4* part: I also have a F2P profile and there I have to make really good desitions of who to keep and who to airlock, I tend to level and freeze 1, 2 o 3* non useful crew to have room for 4* and 5* crew and have already most of the first part of your 4* crew listing:

Vulcan Weding Tpol Inmortalized and on duty
    Mintakan Troi Inmortalized and on duty
    Profitable Ishka Similar to you

My engineering crew is definitely too thin (same here!) That's why I've kept extra 3* enginering crew. But this weeks Event is exactly what I need and I plan on placing high enough to get a 1* Drone 7 of Nine (fortunately for me I have har Inmotalized), Sarina Douglas (Inmortalized), and Smiley O'Brien (inmortalized). I do not have the Caretaker.
    Young Khan (have him 3/4 100%)

Reinforcements Stamets (I have hime 1/4 not levelled, inmotalized he is really good for Arena!)
    David Marcus 2/4 Lvl 1 (Need a Civilian + Scientist)