no
27% 62 votes
would rather 3 day events
56% 127 votes
4 day events suit me
7% 17 votes

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play threshold, so it really doesn't matter. I spent a couple hours on the grind this event and it was supposed to be 4 days. Six days is only an issue if you are fighting for top spots. I'm ready to give this a shot.

That said, there say events would suit me.
  • Well im hoping db will add more threshold rewards since this event will be soooo....loooong!!! Maybe even....a legendary?
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't know yet. I'd like a mixture of two day, four day and six day (so long as the next weekend is event free or a mini one-day event). I honestly don't know until I get to try it out.

What I don't like is sameness. Repetition, over and over and over. Variety is good.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Whatever this poll reveals, DB will do the exact opposite

Then maybe we should all vote for a 6 day's event and hope we get the 3 day's one :)
  • BOYCOTT THE EVENT DON'T SPEND !
  • I was looking forward to this event for months as an expedition enthusiast, planned and saved up resources for it. Now I'm no longer going to go all out and won't buy any packs. Not going to reward this.

3-day events would be awesome for me, probably even more so for players with a less flexible and more week-based work schedule. Events, being special things, not spanning the majority of the week. 4 days is more than enough.

Other games have 3-day events, right? Seems like a sane healthy thing to help avoid burning out your player base. I'm sure there are ways to adjust other aspects of events necessarily so that players aren't hurt by there being a shorter amount of time to achieve their goals.

How would shorter events affect DB's short term profits? I don't claim to know. But from my limited perspective, and the impression I get from other active players, I think it could be the wisest move for the long term.
  • SST - 9of7SST - 9of7 ✭✭✭
    They could add a 5th copy of darth Bashir as an additional threshold. People would love that even more than the 6 day event.
  • SpockySpocky ✭✭
    SST - 9of7 wrote: »
    They could add a 5th copy of darth Bashir as an additional threshold. People would love that even more than the 6 day event.

Can't do that. I'm sure you remember all the backlash for a free Picard.
  • The minimum extra reward they could throw in to entice me would be a Legendary citation
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I will reserve my judgement to after the event
  • Especially during holidays, I'd rather have an event run shorter than longer. Take Thanksgiving in America. Guess who doesn't want to be on his phone the entire time? Or how about when there's a holiday on a Monday and they decide to run til Tuesday? Gag me with a spoon.

I'd love an event that started on a Thursday and ended on a Sunday. Actually, I'd like it if they all did that. It'd make the game feel like less of a chore.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 day events..? Would they be one after the other, for six days? Or one event a week, for six weeks?

I'd be surprised if DB did 6 day events, although I suppose they may try it if the upcoming 6-day event is unsuccessful.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever this poll reveals, DB will do the exact opposite

Uh oh...how do you change your vote here? :neutral:
    Well im hoping db will add more threshold rewards since this event will be soooo....loooong!!! Maybe even....a legendary?

As long as it’s Augment O’Brien and not Bashir...if they toss us a sixth Bashir there would be a Picardgate-level backlash.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have rather had a 2 day event where it was Galaxy, Faction and Expedition all at the same time over the 2 days. Send your shuttles, do some galaxy crafting, run an expedition ticket, shuttles return and repeat. :s

We can't have that, most players lack the amount of bonus crew. It isn't fair.
    SST - 9of7 wrote: »

I citation'd Bashir as soon as I got him. I would FLIP.
    I would have rather had a 2 day event where it was Galaxy, Faction and Expedition all at the same time over the 2 days. Send your shuttles, do some galaxy crafting, run an expedition ticket, shuttles return and repeat. :s

Given that the shuttles for the Faction component would tie up your crew for up to three hours, running everything concurrently I think would be tough for all but the most dedicated spenders with duplicates of every event crew.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about it, trying to decide which would be more enjoyable, a six day event or getting a paper cut on my eye. Right now it’s too close to call.

I have had a paper cut on my eye. The wind blew the papers on my clipboard right in there. It stings so bad!!! Plus I had to put basically neosporine on my eye for about 4 days

Given that the shuttles for the Faction component would tie up your crew for up to three hours, running everything concurrently I think would be tough for all but the most dedicated spenders with duplicates of every event crew.

Nah. The criteria for passing nodes in Expedition is quite low. I think it maxed out at 450 last time. Plus how many crew do you use for Galaxy? 3 or 4?. Your best crew could be out on shuttles and you can still do the rest easily. I would totally be down for all three at once

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I was thinking about it, trying to decide which would be more enjoyable, a six day event or getting a paper cut on my eye. Right now it’s too close to call.

I have had a paper cut on my eye. The wind blew the papers on my clipboard right in there. It stings so bad!!! Plus I had to put basically neosporine on my eye for about 4 days

First of all.. didn't even think it possible.. ouch! I feel your pain.

Second of all.. 4 days! A normal event! Paper cut wins!
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Nah. The criteria for passing nodes in Expedition is quite low. I think it maxed out at 450 last time. Plus how many crew do you use for Galaxy? 3 or 4?. Your best crew could be out on shuttles and you can still do the rest easily. I would totally be down for all three at once

According to Wiki, it maxes at 500 usually.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

'Cause I'd rather get a hundred thousand paper cuts on my face
    Than play a six day triple hybrid event
    I'd rather rip out my intestines with a fork
    I'd rather slam my fingers in a door (yeah)
    Again and again and again and again and again

I'd rather have my blood sucked out by leeches
    Shove an icepick under a toenail or two
    I'd rather clean all the bathroom in Grand Central Station with my tongue

Yes, I'd rather jump naked on a huge pile of thumbtacks
    Or stick my nostrils together with crazy glue
    I'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades

First of all.. didn't even think it possible.. ouch! I feel your pain.

Second of all.. 4 days! A normal event! Paper cut wins!

It was quite a gust of wind and there were about a dozen papers on my clipboard. The real kicker is I am blind in the other eye. I couldn’t do anything for about four days. Good thing I already retired as an umpire by then

I know that sounds goofy but yes, I was an umpire who was blind in one eye for ten years. It’s way more about your positioning than actual eyesight
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that sounds goofy but yes, I was an umpire who was blind in one eye for ten years. It’s way more about your positioning than actual eyesight

That's actually really interesting.

That's actually really interesting.

I did some unique things to give myself an advantage with good positioning. For instance I put my right foot right alongside the catchers left foot while on one knee. My head was next to the catchers instead of behind it. I could see the ball as it crossed the plate and all the way into the catchers mitt. That was a HUGE advantage

If you want the best Expedition VP bonus or highest chance for rare Galaxy rewards, you can’t send the event crew on Faction shuttles. You do have to give something up when running concurrently...yes, most people would be affected equally and yes, success rates on shuttles plateau at some point so it doesn’t matter who you send...I still think people would either feel cheated out of opportunities to earn more VP or would simply skip the parts they don’t like, and feel cheated that they wouldn’t be able to compete with people who do all three at once.