Home The Bridge

Who likes 6 day events

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I would have rather had a 2 day event where it was Galaxy, Faction and Expedition all at the same time over the 2 days. Send your shuttles, do some galaxy crafting, run an expedition ticket, shuttles return and repeat. :s

We can't have that, most players lack the amount of bonus crew. It isn't fair.

Given that the shuttles for the Faction component would tie up your crew for up to three hours, running everything concurrently I think would be tough for all but the most dedicated spenders with duplicates of every event crew.

Nah. The criteria for passing nodes in Expedition is quite low. I think it maxed out at 450 last time. Plus how many crew do you use for Galaxy? 3 or 4?. Your best crew could be out on shuttles and you can still do the rest easily. I would totally be down for all three at once

If you want the best Expedition VP bonus or highest chance for rare Galaxy rewards, you can’t send the event crew on Faction shuttles. You do have to give something up when running concurrently...yes, most people would be affected equally and yes, success rates on shuttles plateau at some point so it doesn’t matter who you send...I still think people would either feel cheated out of opportunities to earn more VP or would simply skip the parts they don’t like, and feel cheated that they wouldn’t be able to compete with people who do all three at once.

The strategy involved would be interesting. I would definitely send event crew on my shuttles. Use boosts on galaxy and just get the regular point totals on expedition
  • Wouldn’t mind six day events if there were less events in a month.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    The trouble with a six day event would be that if the crew aren’t desirable, you don’t really get involved in the game for six days.

2x 2-day events per week would be nice... more crew would be added and we could select which events to enter if DB announced both events in advance
    For me it’s all about the threshold. I want Mirror Leeta and I’ll get her no problem. Last time they expanded the thresholds they added ship schematics and other minor things I wasn’t geeked about.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about it, trying to decide which would be more enjoyable, a six day event or getting a paper cut on my eye. Right now it’s too close to call.

I have had a paper cut on my eye. The wind blew the papers on my clipboard right in there. It stings so bad!!! Plus I had to put basically neosporine on my eye for about 4 days

'Cause I'd rather get a hundred thousand paper cuts on my face
    Than play a six day triple hybrid event
    I'd rather rip out my intestines with a fork
    I'd rather slam my fingers in a door (yeah)
    Again and again and again and again and again

I'd rather have my blood sucked out by leeches
    Shove an icepick under a toenail or two
    I'd rather clean all the bathroom in Grand Central Station with my tongue

Yes, I'd rather jump naked on a huge pile of thumbtacks
    Or stick my nostrils together with crazy glue
    I'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades

Someone likes Weird Al
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last Q&A, they said something to the effect of "We're looking into what shorter events would look like." I basically took that as an admission that they already know that events are too long already. So this just seems like yet another idiot move to me. "We know you want shorter events, so here's a longer event. Give us money." No thanks.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never done a 6 day event before but I'd rather not have an event on a Tuesday because I have to sort the new comic shipment.

Odds are I'll probably do enough work to only get Leeta. Not sure what DB was thinking by having an extra long event for a non-canon crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Not sure what DB was thinking by having an extra long event for a non-canon crew.
    Thinking? I'd be shocked if there was any thinking involved. Or communication. Or testing.

I suspect that someone told a dev to create a 3-part hybrid instead of a 2-part. He was probably given no other guidance. And he reported back when he was done.

And if Shan had not asked which of the 3 phases would be 2 days, we would have found out the hard way about the 6 days. And I doubt anyone at DB had given any thought to number of days prior to that conversation.

And I firmly believe it is within the realm of possibility that this unnamed dev, now that he has been asked about the number of days, will modify the code back to a 4 day event and we won't find out about it until after the event starts.

When it comes to statements by DB, it is best to not hold your breath. Just look at how often the 6 missions per faction actually happens on a shuttle event.
  • Watching the LMN channel with my wife is more enjoyable. Having a pet Skunk with glands in tact roaming the house is more enjoyable. Talking to myself is more enjoyable. Ah shoot the list is ENDLESS. 😉😊😂
  • Nobody, especially with galaxy component. Galaxy event is nothing worth competing for, every other type of event you can at least somewhat compete as vip0, galaxy is just for those with too much money who don't mind throwing it to a company who do not care about their customers.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other type of event you can at least somewhat compete as vip0, galaxy is just for those with too much money who don't mind throwing it to a company who do not care about their customers.

Hm, strangely enough a VIP0 once won a Galaxy event, wonder how that happened ;)

Also unlike Faction events where you need a deep squad, the same doesn´t go for them.

And furthermore if you have the patience to save up some chrons (+ prefarm some always repeating items), becoming at least Top 1000 is very very easy in them.

You don´t like them, fine. But your "reasoning" could not be further from the truth...

Every other type of event you can at least somewhat compete as vip0, galaxy is just for those with too much money who don't mind throwing it to a company who do not care about their customers.

Hm, strangely enough a VIP0 once won a Galaxy event, wonder how that happened ;)

Also unlike Faction events where you need a deep squad, the same doesn´t go for them.

And furthermore if you have the patience to save up some chrons (+ prefarm some always repeating items), becoming at least Top 1000 is very very easy in them.

You don´t like them, fine. But your "reasoning" could not be further from the truth...

Totally agree my friend. I don’t recall ever having spent money on a galaxy and I have finished 3rd twice and 8th once. You want to pay to win? Faction is the way to go

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

That happened by them saving chronitons for a significant amount of time for one single event. That's a pretty heavy price to pay since they had to bypass other galaxy events while they saved them up. Now if some VIP0 player wants to come in and say that they can get top 100 in every galaxy event, I'd call BS because even running voyages 24/7 using alarms every 2 hours wouldn't net enough chronitons when they sometimes have had back-to-back-to-back galaxy events.

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

Totally agree my friend. I don’t recall ever having spent money on a galaxy and I have finished 3rd twice and 8th once. You want to pay to win? Faction is the way to go

It took a while (about 5-6 months), but can easily end up in top 1000 in any event type except galaxy (well, if it's rank 1000 or rank 26 does not really matter, right? So rank 1000 is rank 1 as far as I am concerned).

No VIP0 ever was rank 1 in galaxy except maybe very early after release, today it's simply not possible anymore. You simply made that up!

And no, it's not done with saving up "some" chronitons. You would have to save up "A LOT" of chronitons and this comes with an incredible opportunity cost...if you throw all your items away for galaxy, you do not have any items left to level up your crew.

During this event it's the question, how far ahead I could get. If I could make it to top 500 after second phase (which is not unrealistic), it might be worth it and it might really cost only "some" chronitons to make it to top 1,500 to get two FF super rare. Question if the characters are worth it. Riker will be worth it because it helps me with my collections. Did not like the Leeta character very much...let's see how her stats will be if she is worth it at least from that perspective.
    That happened by them saving chronitons for a significant amount of time for one single event. That's a pretty heavy price to pay since they had to bypass other galaxy events while they saved them up.

Yes, but it did happen. And making choices about the events you want to attack is a good choice, resources wise. I just mentioned that because the guest poster said it is not possible to be competive in Galaxies as VIP0. Since it has further benefits like not needing a deep crew for them it also has further advantages.

edited June 2018

It took a while (about 5-6 months), but can easily end up in top 1000 in any event type except galaxy (well, if it's rank 1000 or rank 26 does not really matter, right? So rank 1000 is rank 1 as far as I am concerned).

No VIP0 ever was rank 1 in galaxy except maybe very early after release, today it's simply not possible anymore. You simply made that up!

And no, it's not done with saving up "some" chronitons. You would have to save up "A LOT" of chronitons and this comes with an incredible opportunity cost...if you throw all your items away for galaxy, you do not have any items left to level up your crew.

No, I did not make that up. It was documented with shots etc. And no, not at the start. If I remember right it was in the Honey Bare event.

Before Voyages I also did not like them overly. But that was a true game changer. Aka being able to save up Chrons for Galaxies I like and to level up crew at the same time.

Also as VIP0 over time your squad will get stronger and stronger. So levelling up can take a break sometimes.

Also and especially if say a Galaxy event character would dramatically improve your crew. In that case I would gladly let levelling rest for a few days to try hard for this card. All in all this game is much about patience and longterm anyway.

And yeah, absolutely, Top 100 or Top 1000 does indeed not make much of a difference.

• Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Yes, balancing between the F2P and PTW models is an area where DB has done a great job. A VIP 0 can be competitive in any event. There was even a VIP 0 in the top 10 in last week's faction event.
    Yes it takes alot of chron saving, but as far as wasting chrons leveling crew, all my crew is FE so I need not blow any chrons on leveling. When I get a new event crew it takes about 6 minutes to level them. I do bypass galaxies to keep saving but that’s only because I don’t care for the crew. I wait til it’s a must have then I go for it. Finishing in top 1000 is child’s play. Who wants another 1/5?
  • I am sure the hall monitor will close this thread soon as it goes against DB too much. Also this guy is right
    Whatever this poll reveals, DB will do the exact opposite

Brace for a 3 days worth of thresholds stretched over a grinding 6 days where the top players have some ludicrous 15 million points. I am sure DB heard all of the complaints against the non-cannon Augment Obrien which will translate in us getting 5* Mirror Nelix in drag next time.
  • There is a way to they could make the event worth while.

Extend the threshold rewards (up to 500k VP or so) and make the highest possible reward a 5* citation. That way we can immortalize our Bashir (don't make it a Bashir copy, since that would p-off pretty much everybody who bought the offer or already bought a citation for him with honor).

Because 6 days is really way too long and it would make it worth participating.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    3 days would seem less like the endless turnaround grind events currently feel like
    ~ seeking out new life
    There is a way to they could make the event worth while.

Extend the threshold rewards (up to 500k VP or so) and make the highest possible reward a 5* citation. That way we can immortalize our Bashir (don't make it a Bashir copy, since that would p-off pretty much everybody who bought the offer or already bought a citation for him with honor).

I guarantee I would not stop until I hit that threshold. I think this is a great idea

I guarantee I would not stop until I hit that threshold. I think this is a great idea

This is the only way i will want to get all the thresholds...anything less and ill probably just get the 4 star ff and stop

This is the only way i will want to get all the thresholds...anything less and ill probably just get the 4 star ff and stop

Same here. They really gotta sweeten the pot for me to try for, say 500k. If the legendary was someone I sought then yes but definitely not for Potaoes O’Brien

Same here. They really gotta sweeten the pot for me to try for, say 500k. If the legendary was someone I sought then yes but definitely not for Potaoes O’Brien

Same...im not gonna go all week for augument obrien...but a citation DEFINITELY!! Ill use it on bashir since i never bought his dyc!
  • It is simple.... just play and do whatever you want.
  • Who would like more 6 day events

@Shan some feedback frm STT Community huge majority would rather have 3 day events rather than 4 or 6 days.
  • Drinking the liquid for a colonoscopy is more enjoyable .

LOLOLOLOL That is the worst.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Although I would prefer shorter events i do have good hopes that DB will make this event worth our while. So let's just buckle up and enjoy the ride