Home The Bridge

Who likes 6 day events

13»

Comments

• I really don't know yet. I think if the 6 day events show sporadically over the year, it will be perfectly ok. Changing it up is always for the better - besides, with the new types of events added on, DB is hard pressed to mix it up a bit.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I really don't know yet. I think if the 6 day events show sporadically over the year, it will be perfectly ok. Changing it up is always for the better - besides, with the new types of events added on, DB is hard pressed to mix it up a bit.

As long as they sporadically change it up and have 2 day events throughout the year as well
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Not sure what DB was thinking by having an extra long event for a non-canon crew.
    Thinking? I'd be shocked if there was any thinking involved. Or communication. Or testing.

I suspect that someone told a dev to create a 3-part hybrid instead of a 2-part. He was probably given no other guidance. And he reported back when he was done.

And if Shan had not asked which of the 3 phases would be 2 days, we would have found out the hard way about the 6 days. And I doubt anyone at DB had given any thought to number of days prior to that conversation.

And I firmly believe it is within the realm of possibility that this unnamed dev, now that he has been asked about the number of days, will modify the code back to a 4 day event and we won't find out about it until after the event starts.

When it comes to statements by DB, it is best to not hold your breath. Just look at how often the 6 missions per faction actually happens on a shuttle event.

Correction, if PLAYERS hadn't asked how the event would be split, Shan would not have asked and who knows what mess we'd have gotten. It amazes me that after 2+ years developing this game, DB is still this incompetent at planning.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I once ran a marathon and afterwards my nipples bled for 6 days.

I would rather run another marathon than have a 6 day event.

That said, I've always thought events were too long. I think 3 days is more than enough, I'd be ecstatic with 2 days.

However, I love expeditions and am super happy to have that back. Plus, I've already citationed Bashir, so you know I'm at least getting that 5th *. We'll see if I do anything beyond that.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once ran a marathon and afterwards my nipples bled for 6 days.

I would rather run another marathon than have a 6 day event.

That said, I've always thought events were too long. I think 3 days is more than enough, I'd be ecstatic with 2 days.

However, I love expeditions and am super happy to have that back. Plus, I've already citationed Bashir, so you know I'm at least getting that 5th *. We'll see if I do anything beyond that.

While I haven’t run a marathon or had my nipples bleed, unless the rewards are awesome, I too will only go for the last Bashir. If Mirror Leeta is thresholds, I might stretch for her. Otherwise, I’ll do some expedition tickets, run the Augment shuttles and relax for the rest.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a limited basis, such as this, where the Event has three parts, makes perfect sense.....

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I was thinking about it, trying to decide which would be more enjoyable, a six day event or getting a paper cut on my eye. Right now it’s too close to call.

I have had a paper cut on my eye. The wind blew the papers on my clipboard right in there. It stings so bad!!! Plus I had to put basically neosporine on my eye for about 4 days

On a limited basis, such as this, where the Event has three parts, makes perfect sense.....
    I do hope there is an extra incentive to cary on playing beyond the 130k threshold. If there is no extra threshold it will be quite easy to finish after the first phase of the event and do other things, like attempt to paper-cut my eyeball, since I am sure its not possible.

Why they didnt just do a 5 week mega than try to thrash out a whole week of pointless clicking god knows!

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see more 6 day (or longer) events in the future. I have a feeling a lot of people are straight up just going to buy the offers to get the crew and then not bother with the event beyond thresholds. That's a win for DB because their revenue for the event will be greater than for a normal event.

The more painful they make it, the more likely people will buy there way out of it.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The more painful they make it, the more likely people will buy there way out of it.
    Paying RATHER than playing the game just makes no sense whatsoever to me. When an event is crap I let them know by not opening my Wallet.

DB: Do Better
  • I think the game is kinda boring on days when there's no event going on. That said, it's also boring when an event is going on, threshold awards have already been achieved, and you can tell that there's no way you'll place very well without more effort than you're willing to exert (nearly every galaxy for me).
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    I think that this last leg of the Mega event would have been an ideal time to, see how a 3 day event would go, personally think it would be a winner.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people will play and pay. Especially if there are extra rewards. I expect at least one additional community reward such as a Mega-Event pack pull, and Miranda Class schematics in threshold. The amount of complaining about species 8472 didn't stop plenty of people going all out. Also, there's the kudos of being first to win a 6 day event: look at how much effort was put in to be the first to win a skirmish event.

I doubt I'll have time to play every day, but there you go. There are plenty of players who do and will. I don't mind if the rewards are really that good, and I'd like all three cards if I can, but I also have RL to contend with. I just hope other players are in the same boat.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I was thinking about it, trying to decide which would be more enjoyable, a six day event or getting a paper cut on my eye. Right now it’s too close to call.

I have had a paper cut on my eye. The wind blew the papers on my clipboard right in there. It stings so bad!!! Plus I had to put basically neosporine on my eye for about 4 days

I do hope there is an extra incentive to cary on playing beyond the 130k threshold. If there is no extra threshold it will be quite easy to finish after the first phase of the event and do other things, like attempt to paper-cut my eyeball, since I am sure its not possible.

Why they didnt just do a 5 week mega than try to thrash out a whole week of pointless clicking god knows!

Jim

Bro, it happened at 3:30 PM on a Thursday. My wife (girlfriend at the time) had to come pick me up and take me to the clinic. They put a yellow die in the eye which will show if there is a cut in there, which there was. They gave me an ointment which was pretty much neosporine. They said it will close on its own like a regular cut which it did. Until it did, every ten minutes or so it started stinging and the eye watered like crazy, then it would be ok until the next ten minute cycle. I assure you it can and has been done. My boss even had me tell them it didn’t happen at work as it would count against our safety bonus so I did just that.

• They can die before it starts
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    To be honest, I will be doing threshold at most, for this event, a little each day if I have time.
  • WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    Interesting, that the popular vote is for 3 day events, DB should take this result on board.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words: Exhausting.

In particular Expedition and Skirmish style even more so.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • 6 day event give us no time to rest between events,
    the 4 day events are not horrid, but maybe having a few short 2 or 3 day events mixed in would allow us to catch a breath between hard fought events.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm