Home The Bridge

Longest Voyage without DIL

13»

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    In more realistic news, I finally hit 8 hours with no refill. 10 looks like it's probably out of reach without DIL or a lot more FF Legendaries.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    We did that some weeks ago, I'll have to dig it up. Assuming you have all the crew in the game immortalized, you have a maxed Starbase, you have all the 5* ships maxed and you happen to hit the jackpot on the best traits -

The absolute mathematically best you can hit is 10hrs48mins before it dies.

To be fair, that would be assuming average rolls for skill selection. The absolute max would be to load up on 1 skill in every slot and have it get lucky and be selected for every skill check. We're probably talking 20,000 possible for that skill. That probably gets you to 16 hours before you fail a hazard. You're probably at 4500 AM at that point. The 4500 earns you another 3:25. So ~19:25 for the mathematical max. But we're talking absolutely perfect RNG. 1/10^249 perfect. It's not going to happen. So Frank's estimate is probably a better threshold, maybe hit a little above 11 with good rolls.
    Interesting take...

8yoxkikq00di.png

Let's take all the highest CMD cards (ignoring that none of them have MED) they have a total CMD skill of 19631.

My calculations are pretty much in line with what you have.

You'd pass until around the 15:50 mark (amassing 4200 AM while you're at it). The residual AM would last you until right around the 19:00 mark.

Showing my work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bm0emOz-eNHU-_YCH741vG4DxRltoyS4tWvA6cee3V8/edit#gid=0

EDIT: If you wanted to make it a "real" crew, you would have to replace Gangster Kirk and Captain Nog with Delta Flier Paris and Rakal Troi (top to CMD with MED). This would drop the CMD skill to 18883 which would reduce estimated time to around 18:23.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    We did that some weeks ago, I'll have to dig it up. Assuming you have all the crew in the game immortalized, you have a maxed Starbase, you have all the 5* ships maxed and you happen to hit the jackpot on the best traits -

The absolute mathematically best you can hit is 10hrs48mins before it dies.

To be fair, that would be assuming average rolls for skill selection. The absolute max would be to load up on 1 skill in every slot and have it get lucky and be selected for every skill check. We're probably talking 20,000 possible for that skill. That probably gets you to 16 hours before you fail a hazard. You're probably at 4500 AM at that point. The 4500 earns you another 3:25. So ~19:25 for the mathematical max. But we're talking absolutely perfect RNG. 1/10^249 perfect. It's not going to happen. So Frank's estimate is probably a better threshold, maybe hit a little above 11 with good rolls.
    Interesting take...

8yoxkikq00di.png

Let's take all the highest CMD cards (ignoring that none of them have MED) they have a total CMD skill of 19631.

My calculations are pretty much in line with what you have.

You'd pass until around the 15:50 mark (amassing 4200 AM while you're at it). The residual AM would last you until right around the 19:00 mark.

Showing my work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bm0emOz-eNHU-_YCH741vG4DxRltoyS4tWvA6cee3V8/edit#gid=0

You need to be a little more careful with your crew selection. You need the best CMD that has the other skills. For example you need CMD with MED as a secondary skill. But since we're going extreme, I also assumed you have enough copies of every crew to fill whatever slots you need. So 4 Lorca (CMD + DIP), 2 Borg Queen (ENG), 2 Kahless (SEC), 2 Burnham (SCI), and 2 Delta Flyer Paris (MED).

But either way we're talking the same ballpark estimate.
  • I've hit the 8 hour mark twice. Both times less than 100 antimatter remained. Both voyages glitched and didn't give the 4th dilemma and looped the timer from 8:00:20 to 8:00:01.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my voyage returns, I'll do some wacky experiments like this to see what all can happen. Sadly you'd have to run 1000 identical voyages in parallel to have one come close to that awesome RNG of primary skill checks. My luck it will hit all MED.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my best attempt so far.

a3d47xsawtur.png
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • This is my best attempt so far
    Nice!
  • GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    This is my best attempt so far.

a3d47xsawtur.png

Great voyage length - though the crew rewards are underwhelming across the board since the nerf.
  • Dinoss wrote: »
    20-35 hrs or more without dil.
    Sorry but I call malarkey on a 20-35 hr voyage with no refreshes.
    Sorry to say guys but this is all peanuts.

The players w 40-70 or more gold immortals can go 20-x35x hrs or more without dil. [Correx 20-25 hrs]. Hit 20k or more skill targets And bang 3000+ antimatter. The refills are expensive. The dilithium calculation formula is on wiki. They have certainly earned it with their crew they acquired and deserve every reward they can earn.

Sorry to break the collective hearts, but I have asked such players and they told me. The rest of us do what we can with our budget play. All is good, I am super duper grateful for everything I earn on voyages.

I only have 3 5* inmortalized crew, in the meantime, i can go 6:30-7:45. I have 30 5* crew including the 3 inmortilized and 17 other 5* crew in proccess of leveling, lots of inmortalized 4* crew and a total of 195 inmortalized crew, so, this sounds a little bit of incredible right now to me.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dinoss wrote: »
    20-35 hrs or more without dil.
    Sorry but I call malarkey on a 20-35 hr voyage with no refreshes.
    Sorry to say guys but this is all peanuts.

The players w 40-70 or more gold immortals can go 20-x35x hrs or more without dil. [Correx 20-25 hrs]. Hit 20k or more skill targets And bang 3000+ antimatter. The refills are expensive. The dilithium calculation formula is on wiki. They have certainly earned it with their crew they acquired and deserve every reward they can earn.

Sorry to break the collective hearts, but I have asked such players and they told me. The rest of us do what we can with our budget play. All is good, I am super duper grateful for everything I earn on voyages.

I only have 3 5* inmortalized crew, in the meantime, i can go 6:30-7:45. I have 30 5* crew including the 3 inmortilized and 17 other 5* crew in proccess of leveling, lots of inmortalized 4* crew and a total of 195 inmortalized crew, so, this sounds a little bit of incredible right now to me.

As we've, hopefully, shown via math above, a 20-25 hour voyage, given current crew and starbase levels, is simply impossible without DIL refreshes.

A fully-staffed ship with duplicates of the highest CMD cards in the game on a voyage that has all CMD Hazards and starting with 2950 AM (the highest possible, currently) will not break 20 hours.
  • Can't beat the math. Give it up dude! NOT possible
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my best, but I just recalled a Cmd/Med voyage that went over 8 hours.
    sblj3wd9a1u7.jpg

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My current SEC/DIP made it to 7:19, but I extended it trying to hit Part 3 for Colonel Worf.

Best w/o dilithium was this DIP/COM:

5nqcaysda25l.png

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    a44uf673mq5u.png

I hope this can get me over 11 hours. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    And yes! It DID go over 11 hours and blew my old PB out of the water! My old PB was 11 hours and 9 minutes something. Now it's 11 hours, 22 minutes and 33 seconds (recalled a second after screening it)! A huge jump! I'll show you the screenies of course. :)

o41c1p7v4dkh.png
    kekcimn34ee1.png
    9hf2l7bkyz51.png
    c1sp9u6y7jox.png
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My longest yet without dil.

rseawyorvgtb.png
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I had a huge bump in PB today, huger than any step in the last several years. I went from 11 hours 22 minutes 40 seconds to 11 hours 57 minutes 20 seconds, and I was just a single hazard away from reaching 12 hours (because the 11h 58m 40s check is not a hazard, but a reward). I could have risked it and if it had been security (14k points) it might have passed, because two hazards before, the secondary engineering passed miraculously with only about 13.7k points at roughly 11 hours and 55 minutes.

Here is the screen material with crew (2825 Antimatter):

4mpdqoxopxmg.png
    6lt3cks7t1ct.png
    snnrqfvj22fn.png
    36b77lu76bds.png
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    This is quite the thread resurrection from January 2018.

EDIT: There's already a well-travelled thread for this:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4106/what-is-your-personal-best-voyage-without-a-refresh#latest
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll post it there. :)