Home Ready Room

Which Captain Did You Pick?

jb7z1gbqcut8.jpg

Who'd you pick? If you have multiple accounts, answer for whichever account you created first. Feel free to share why!

Which Captain Did You Pick? 143 votes

Promoted Sisko
21%
Captain LostCaptain Sisko [AA]Travis S McClainKaiteeAuntieA[SJ] Admiral AkiIrialLarxene12345678 of 123456789MirrorMartiganGhostStalkerNoneEmmett KDavideBooks[10F] gobolts07 Captain RomarKarthonEmperor Borg Drone (SC)S31Captain Klang 31 votes
Enterprise-D Picard
53%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëXanathar[7TW] UnkieBSSR Barkley[SSR] The Iron CowXoiikuRocpileNad HalNeos472Zann Calcore (ISA)[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinKettleKorn·§ë· For the ManyLeshyDittoPinkyfirstkoba~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlBanjo1012 76 votes
Captain Kirk
25%
Dane 'Glynn Fury[QH] He-Who-MeowsHaBlack[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerFinn SCDALE K[IPA] MarkasRaphillonGib - Admiral MarinersDavey1983IronagedaveCaptain Zloggcaptain_yarSaru•§ë• Captain TatemShy KhanAegon ForesterMirror CartmanDirk GundersonAutomaton_2000 36 votes

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Promoted Sisko
    I had to go with Promoted Sisko. I initially found him a frustrating character, whose go-to response whenever anyone had a complaint was, "There's nothing we can do about it." He seemed like the most burnt-out middle manager of all time. Along the way, though, he broke out of that and by time the series was over, he'd become "my" Captain.

In particular, I was drawn to this version of him over the others because I so enjoyed "The Adversary" in part for it being where he got his fourth pip. Promoted Sisko is a celebration of that moment, whereas Enterprise-D Picard and Captain Kirk aren't specific to a given moment or episode so they don't feel as personalized, I guess. Though honestly, I probably would have taken any Sisko here.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I warmed to Sisko from the start. Telling Picard about their last meeting and blackmailing Quark set him up as a character I could relate to.

I like Picard and Kirk but Sisko is the best of the lot IMO
  • Captain Kirk
    Kirk, That is the series I grew up on.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Promoted Sisko
    DS9 is my all time favorite Trek series.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Kirk
    It’s a tough choice. Sisko was the best-written captain and Avery Brooks really delivered some powerful moments over the series. Picard is, within the context of the Trek universe and Roddenberry’s vision of the future, the most ideal captain (and was also portrayed magnificently).

But I went with Kirk because of the three captains, he most embodies the spirit of exploration, venturing into the unknown, and maybe punching some aliens in the face while out in the black. He had flaws and he made mistakes, and ended up being better for them.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    DS9 is my favorite show in general so I usually would have gone with Sisko, but at the time I was rewatching TNG and went with Picard.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I went Picard. He’s the man.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I've only got one account, and I don't even remember this choice back in the day.

[Edit - Ah, my device made me attempt to start a new account, and I see the original question. I'm sure it was Picard, just based on the skill set. Being new to the game, I wanted some diversity away from COM/DIP/SEC and I like Science]
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • edited June 2018
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I think I was in the midst of a TNG binge so I went Captain Picard.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    DS9 is far and away my favorite series, but Picard is the captain I grew up with.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk because I grew up with TOS.

What's interesting is that at the time, I had no idea what I was doing or why I was picking one of them (beyond liking Kirk more). Had no idea about game stats/skills, no idea that there was a wiki, no idea that it wouldn't be too long before I'd have all 3 anyway. This isn't a new complaint, but the game really doesn't tell you enough information to make informed choices. Of course, the "first captain" choice is fairly innocuous in terms of gameplay - you're not really limited in what you can do by picking one over the others. But you don't know that when you first make the pick. (Well, at least I didn't.)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I chose Jean-Luc Picard because he is my favorite captain. I grew up watching TOS on syndicated broadcast TV (Saturday afternoons after cartoons), but TNG was primetime “appointment television” for me when it first aired.

Tea, Earl Grey, hot! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running three accounts, and I chose a different one for each. I can't honestly remember who I picked on my main account — which is much, much older — I want to say it was "my main man" Captain Picard, but I may have had a momentary lapse of reason and chosen Sisko. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Captain Kirk
    I chose Kirk. Like others before me here, he was the first that I saw on television and is the prototype for all that came after, from my perspective.

I don't mean to say the other lead captains were not completely individual in their own way, but the standard was set by Kirk that to lead, one must do the right thing, first and foremost.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Kirk
    Being a newb at the time of course I went for KIrk ....

However in the wonderful eyes of hindsight Sisko is probably best - in the early missions he is more useful in unlocking nodes I believe.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Enterprise-D Picard
    I choose Picard mainly because he's the one I watched most of.
    Cymru am byth
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    Although I remember watching TOS re-runs as a kid in the early-mid 80's, it was TNG and Captain Picard that got me hooked on Star Trek, making me a life-long fan.

I have watched and enjoyed each series, but TNG holds a special place in my heart (re-runs every night in the 90's, the complete collection of novels, various video games, etc...).
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Promoted Sisko
    Even though I picked sisko who is awesome. I won a Kirk the second day on a single pull and used them both. Until I realised that there was a cap on spots and dropped jim.
  • Enterprise-D Picard
    I chose picard cause tng was the first series I really watched.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I chose Picard. I grew up watching TNG with my parents and Picard and I have the same hairline. Also, we both drink a lot of tea. All three captains embody different aspects of captaining. It isn't surprising that Janeway or Archer weren't begining choices, although if they were I would have chosen Archer--he was the rawest and most unrefined captain in context, imo.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember ... either Sisko or Picard.

I keep track of the order I get crew to 100 and 2* Picard was #6 and 2* Sisko #9 (1* Spock and 1* McCoy were in between - the first for reasons that I actually knew the character and the second because he was required back in the day to crit a node on MWF cadet days and was the only one who could do so ...). So, I've had them both since my early days in the game (started around June 2016 I think - I'm certain I played the first Season of Love event and I think I played the two prior, but not Blood and Circuses).

2* Kirk is #18 ... and he even comes after 3* Kirk! who for me was a regular in the Gauntlet in the early days after that game aspect was introduced, ah those were the days.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    jb7z1gbqcut8.jpg

Who'd you pick? If you have multiple accounts, answer for whichever account you created first. Feel free to share why!

I don't think I ever had that come up, but it's been a long time. But like all behold's, my choice depends on several factors, the first of which is "do i already own one?" If so, i usually choose one i don't own already. Unless i need a cite. The rest of the decision is based on traits and stats.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Captain Kirk
    Kirk... Well I've all of them now... Well stored in the freezer :)
  • Promoted Sisko
    jb7z1gbqcut8.jpg

I don't think I ever had that come up, but it's been a long time. But like all behold's, my choice depends on several factors, the first of which is "do i already own one?" If so, i usually choose one i don't own already. Unless i need a cite. The rest of the decision is based on traits and stats.

It came up when you completed the tutorial, @Darth Skippy. At that point, you didn't have anyone except the other 1* and 2* crew in your starter pack.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk, since, like others, TOS was my first Trek.

But in playing around with a second account to get a feel for what it's like for beginners and see how my current style of play matches with them, I went Sisko, who does seem to be more useful.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I went with Captain Picard because I grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. If Janeway had been in the tutorial behold it would have been a harder choice.
  • Enterprise-D Picard
    As if you had to ask..... :D
  • Captain Kirk
    Kirk! He lead led the best crew!
  • Promoted Sisko
    I can't remember if back in 2016 we already had this exact choice, but I know that one of my first additions was Promoted Sisko and I think I chose him out of at least two options.