Home Ready Room
Options

Which Captain Did You Pick?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise-D Picard
    I chose Picard because he had a skill the other lacked, although I remember distinctly being BLEEPed off that Janeway was not an option!

Janeway has had her revenge however, I simply told her once she joined my crew that Kirk, Picard, and Sisko were Borg and she shoved them all into my freezer.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't remember this from the tutorial! :|
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Promoted Sisko
    I can't remember if back in 2016 we already had this exact choice, but I know that one of my first additions was Promoted Sisko and I think I chose him out of at least two options.

It's been that default trio of Captains since launch.
  • Options
    Captain Kirk
    I don't remember that when I started the game, but I do remember 2* Kirk was the first crew I immortalised.

Also, there's only 3 captains here and there have been 6 different series (so far). Anyone prefer Archer, Janeway or Lorca ?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Kirk
    I don't remember that when I started the game, but I do remember 2* Kirk was the first crew I immortalised.

Also, there's only 3 captains here and there have been 6 different series (so far). Anyone prefer Archer, Janeway or Lorca ?

There are only three captains here because there are still only three captains available when you first sign up. It would be neat if DB offered a second set of captains, with Away Team Archer, Kathryn Janeway, and a new 2* Lorca, to represent the last three series.

To answer your question, while I enjoy Archer and Janeway (have not made it past the pilot episodes for Discovery yet) I would not put them ahead of the other three on my personal list of favorite captains. My tastes have changed over time and they may change again, but for now those two are behind Kirk, Sisko, and Picard (in that order) for me.
  • Options
    Promoted Sisko

Yes, if all of them (or all of the Captains and Burnham) had been available for choice, I'm sure I would have picked Janeway. Sisko would still have been my second choice.

It's a bit difficult with Discovery (Burnham is not a captain, Lorca is who he is and Georgiou... don't know if spoilers are allowed by now :D) but they could add 2* Archer and Janeway to the choices now that they're in the game.
  • Options
    Promoted Sisko
    I would still pick Sisko no matter who the other choices were, but I'm also in favor of them expanding the pool:

Away Team Archer
    Captain Kirk
    Enterprise-D Picard
    Kathryn Janeway
    Promoted Sisko

From Disco, I would either go with existing Desert Michael Burnham (first appearance of that series' main character) or introduce a 2* Discovery Pike maybe.

Any three from that pool of six should be a perfectly sufficient starting point for any new player. Sure, fans of TOS, TNG, and DS9 would now maybe miss out on their captain of choice, but fans of the others have never had a crack at theirs from the moment they created their accounts. Why not let the sun shine on the others?
  • Options
    Enterprise-D Picard
    Picard because: 1 I didn't want tribbles appearing. 2 who the heck is this Sisko guy? and 3 where is pinkskin...Captain Archer!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard and Kirk were both in my very early crew, so I'm not sure which one I chose vs. which one I drew randomly.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Enterprise-D Picard
    i picked Picard but now thru 3 months of playing have all three.
  • Options
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk, That is the series I grew up on.
  • Options
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk started with the original.
  • Options
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk i mean come on the guys a legend
  • Options
    Captain Kirk
    Kirk because... ya know... Kirk...