Home The Bridge
Options

Free Uhura in threshold. Thanks DB

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a mistake, they ll fix it soon. ;)

I wonder if this wasn’t their strategy for keeping us interested in the event instead of taking a weekend off after the marathon that was the end of the mega.

Well 100k isn t much of a challenge though and Uhura isn t in ranking rewards, which would be a reason to go higher to get a 2nd copy of her.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Very much appreciated, especially since I got my first copy of Uhura on Tuesday from a begold from the community pull.
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Awesome idea. Hope this is going to become standard! Thank you DB!

This definitely!
    Thanks DB for this once at least.

My dancing uhura is currently 3/5*. Now i am definitely playing rerun for her 4th *!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I do find it cool they did so. But not having this particular 5*, and not a wow 5* I have no interest. I would prefer to see a citation in that spot.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I got all enthusiastic and completed Prospero and Jake with leftover chrons from this past weekend's event, and was wondering how much of the threshold would actually be worthwhile as a result (I know, should've waited to get the 'free' gold item for Data, but... look I had 4000 chrons, instant gratification feels good okay?) That's definitely a reward worth the time.
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭
    I think this is a great improvement. My fleet discussed this as a concept for higher thresholds. We thought one of the older legendaries at about 250k VP every event might add a reason for more to try and compete past 130k, without actually hampering the whales or rewarding free players too much. It would be a bonus to the medium group of players who spend a fair amount but not at the 100 5/5 crew level to perhaps aid them towards completing a few more crew.
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Nice! I got all enthusiastic and completed Prospero and Jake with leftover chrons from this past weekend's event, and was wondering how much of the threshold would actually be worthwhile as a result (I know, should've waited to get the 'free' gold item for Data, but... look I had 4000 chrons, instant gratification feels good okay?) That's definitely a reward worth the time.

Lol...did that with Arik Soong, but as you may recall for that most recent event DB used Arik for event crew, they put TWO of his gold items in the threshold. So that was 2 gold items for the replicator!
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much a pleasant surprise. I wouldn’t mind having 2 Legendary crew in every event (1 new, 1 old) if they always put the old one as a threshold as well. Very refreshing
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if this wasn’t their strategy for keeping us interested in the event instead of taking a weekend off after the marathon that was the end of the mega.

Well 100k isn t much of a challenge though and Uhura isn t in ranking rewards, which would be a reason to go higher to get a 2nd copy of her.

I can see that. I can also see DB thinking that some DYC purchases might offset any losses in dil sales.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Side note, disappointed that there is no longer a supply kit in the thresholds.

There usually aren’t for faction events.

Actually every Shuttle event in 2018 from We Who Are About to Die and as recent as Turning Point in this past Mega, the 100000 point threshold prize was a supply kit.

However, trading that for a star on a Legacy 5* I find a good trade and refreshing

Thanks DB. I think this is a very good decision. Especially on a Rerun and for a Legacy Legendary.

My bad, right you are. Guess I haven't noticed since I always seem to have a surplus of kits. For some reason I was thinking they were only putting them in the Galaxy thresholds still.
  • Options
    [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    A nice move! Thanks, DB!
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options

I can see that. I can also see DB thinking that some DYC purchases might offset any losses in dil sales.

The way I see it, the majority of players who would spend to get a 5/5 Uhura probably already did it the first time the event ran. So DB probably isn't losing money from those folks, but might pick up some sales from DYC for people who only have a few stars on her, especially those sitting at three stars going in.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks DB. I have Uhura at 2/5* so to get a new copy of her for free while keeping the whales happy with the new Chekov is a good move imho.

Hopefully this is the new standard for re-runs?

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options

My Uhura is at 3/5 so I'll deffinately DYC her to finish her off.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The way I see it, the majority of players who would spend to get a 5/5 Uhura probably already did it the first time the event ran. So DB probably isn't losing money from those folks, but might pick up some sales from DYC for people who only have a few stars on her, especially those sitting at three stars going in.

Absolutely. And with people spending to get Dancing Chekov, I think DB will do just fine for this event.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, there are a few posts indicating that player is going to continue rather than stopping.

I don't think this is going to happen every week, perhaps it's a reward for our participation in the marathon week! I'm still not buying a pack (I'll get Prospero, I knowI will) but I do appreciate the gesture.

I think it may be a test for future reruns as well... so say 6 events a year. No big income degredation, good will given with little investment on DBs part. At least that's what I'm hoping. May be a move to try to get some F2Ps to do some microtransactions for slots or DYC.
  • Options
    I am also very happy with this. I got her fairly recently and at 2/5* she hasn't been doing much of anything. Adding a third (& possibly more with DYC & pack pulls) star to an older character is making me way more interested in this event than I otherwise would have been. Please continue this.

For my new VIP0 account, I know I won't even get close to obtaining her, but I also know that at 1/5* she probably wouldn't be a card worth keeping with so few crew slots, so the extra honor (though would be nice to have more) would also be appreciated.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was a very nice gesture. i hope we see similar olive branches in the future, but i'm definitely not expecting this to be the norm
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    While I like having a 5* in the rewards, I'd prefer if they'd left the supply kit at 100k, and made the 5* 200k, after the last 4*. Or even 300k, after the big merits reward, to incentivize people to keep playing to a higher threshold-and-out level.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    While I like having a 5* in the rewards, I'd prefer if they'd left the supply kit at 100k, and made the 5* 200k, after the last 4*. Or even 300k, after the big merits reward, to incentivize people to keep playing to a higher threshold-and-out level.

I will choose to look at this as buying my 1/5* for 72 dilithium (the cost of a supply kit) should i need to buy one.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    arjuna wrote: »
    Very cool! I hope they continue this trend where they include an older legendary in the rewards. This will increase my participation for sure as I had been planning on sitting this one out.

I hope for this too!
  • Options
    You guys gotta be quiet...make db think we dont like it and they will keep doing it! Its reverse reverse psychology :wink:
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    Very cool! I hope they continue this trend where they include an older legendary in the rewards. This will increase my participation for sure as I had been planning on sitting this one out.

I hope for this too!

I was originally planning on sitting this one out, too. Definitely hope this is a repeating 5* trend!
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I like this change a lot, but I hope it's only for reruns. There's a chance I can get a Dancing Uhura in the portal tomorrow, but I'd have to wait around at least six months before I can put an honor-less star on Chekov.

Alternatively, I'd be down for them doing five star variants of one of the four stars on new events, just like we get the two and three star variants in rank & threshold.
  • Options
    I hope it continues, soon the reruns will be into the events where I had started getting good enough to place top 1000, would really appreciate more stars for those Golds!
  • Options
    Honestly, they should make it a citation rather than the pack-only legendary. For a lot of people this will simply be a 1/5 that takes up a crew slot.

The only time a legendary should be in the reward table is during a Mega.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Honestly, they should make it a citation rather than the pack-only legendary. For a lot of people this will simply be a 1/5 that takes up a crew slot.

The only time a legendary should be in the reward table is during a Mega.

Unless they choose to dismiss the 1/5* for Honor points and keep that crew slot open, which is also a valid approach to this game. Different players will have different values for different things.

For the record, I have never dismissed a legendary card. Yet. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lots of space so Uhura is a welcome addition.
  • Options
    I really like this. I already had her from the first run, got an extra star so I now have her 3/5, and that 3rd star does much more than the 2nd for her stats. If this becomes the new norm for reruns (a new 5* and the previous one in the trasholds) I would be very happy.
  • Options
    thank you so much for this, please keep it up!