Home The Bridge
Options

Free Uhura in threshold. Thanks DB

13»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, they should make it a citation rather than the pack-only legendary. For a lot of people this will simply be a 1/5 that takes up a crew slot.

The only time a legendary should be in the reward table is during a Mega.

Unless they choose to dismiss the 1/5* for Honor points and keep that crew slot open, which is also a valid approach to this game. Different players will have different values for different things.

For the record, I have never dismissed a legendary card. Yet. 🖖🏻

Yeah. She danced her way right into space for me. I feel as if they put her as the threshold because there were two legendaries this week and she wasn’t the new kid in town.
  • Options
    Honestly, they should make it a citation rather than the pack-only legendary. For a lot of people this will simply be a 1/5 that takes up a crew slot.

I highly doubt we'll see a Citation. A Legendary Citation is 50,000 Honor. That's completely out of line with the value of event rewards we've seen before. A Citation is generally worth much, much more than a specific Legendary.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Unless they choose to dismiss the 1/5* for Honor points and keep that crew slot open, which is also a valid approach to this game. Different players will have different values for different things.

For the record, I have never dismissed a legendary card. Yet. 🖖🏻

Yeah. She danced her way right into space for me. I feel as if they put her as the threshold because there were two legendaries this week and she wasn’t the new kid in town.

I think that's exactly why they did it, and frankly it was something that was requested in that same manner (legacy legendary in threshold) that had been requested several times in the forums.

Probably will only see for re-runs, but hey, maybe next time it'll be one you want.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add my voice, as I can be critical of DB and the game quite often. On this occasion I was very grateful for the free Uhura, thanks DB!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed I think this was great, I hope they consider opening the doors to more older Legendaries as well.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Educated_BeastEducated_Beast ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I bought event packs chasing an extra star on Uhura I ordinarily would not have purchased. Uhura was 1/5 unleveled sitting in my dungeon until this event.

Don't thank DB, it was a smart thing to do from a business perspective. That is why they did it, not to be nice. They made more money giving players something to chase than they would have without her being in threshold. So many people would have just skipped the event all together otherwise (repeat purple's and new 1/5 to take up a crew slot indefinitely).

So don't thank DB. They did it for the same reason they do everything, for money. If they are smart, they will continue to add older cards in threshold.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought event packs chasing an extra star on Uhura I ordinarily would not have purchased. Uhura was 1/5 unleveled sitting in my dungeon until this event.

Don't thank DB, it was a smart thing to do from a business perspective. That is why they did it, not to be nice. They made more money giving players something to chase than they would have without her being in threshold. So many people would have just skipped the event all together otherwise (repeat purple's and new 1/5 to take up a crew slot indefinitely).

So don't thank DB. They did it for the same reason they do everything, for money. If they are smart, they will continue to add older cards in threshold.

I hope they do. People have been asking for five stars in thresholds for ages now, so good on them for finding a way to give people what they want AND monetizing it. That's smart business.