Home The Bridge

It’s Cutthroat Out There

13»

Comments

• Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Wundigore wrote: »
    I cannot even imagine what it takes to finish second. I get super excited to be top 1k. And this one was tough. I finished way down around 2350 and felt I worked harder than in a lot of events where I finished higher. Hats off to you. I would add I have always enjoyed the game, but enjoy it more since I found a nice, casual fleet. Lots of encouraging and helpful folks to drown out the haters. You might think about looking into one.

I started the event with 158,000 chrons. I had to have tapped away for at least 30 hours total.used thousands and thousands of 3* skill boosts. Had just about every item I’ve obtained saved for the last 3 or 4 months. This guy that won, I don’t even know what to say about it. Somehow he had a little more

How much of that 158,000 did you use?
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot even imagine what it takes to finish second. I get super excited to be top 1k. And this one was tough. I finished way down around 2350 and felt I worked harder than in a lot of events where I finished higher. Hats off to you. I would add I have always enjoyed the game, but enjoy it more since I found a nice, casual fleet. Lots of encouraging and helpful folks to drown out the haters. You might think about looking into one.

I started the event with 158,000 chrons. I had to have tapped away for at least 30 hours total.used thousands and thousands of 3* skill boosts. Had just about every item I’ve obtained saved for the last 3 or 4 months. This guy that won, I don’t even know what to say about it. Somehow he had a little more

Every last drop

• Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭

Every last drop

Wow. So saving 50K is not even close to what I need. Duly noted.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Laura PalmerLaura Palmer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    50K can be enough, depending on the circumstances. I won The Prime Directive 2 with a huge lead and with less than 50K chrons burned. Key to success: a huge bunch of basic items and boosts needed for a galaxy event and the event crew at least FE. The biggest risk was my assumption, that the player participation would be low (event was a rerun on holidays just prior to a mega event and the event crew was low-profile) ... but in the end I was able to pull it off.
    50K can be enough, depending on the circumstances. I won The Prime Directive 2 with a huge lead and with less than 50K chrons burned. Key to success: a huge bunch of basic items and boosts needed for a galaxy event and the event crew at least FE. The biggest risk was my assumption, that the player participation would be low (event was a rerun on holidays just prior to a mega event and the event crew was low-profile) ... but in the end I was able to pull it off.

It really does depend on alot of factors. I finishe third using 65,000, 3rd using 21,000, 8th using 16,000, and 2nd using 158,000. You just never know. My advice is to just go for it when you feel the time is right. You can’t control some of the other factors.

• PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    This is the 4th time I have competed for the top spot in an event and I gotta say it gets ugly out there. I was accused of having automated software. I don’t even own a computer. I play on iPhone. I was accused of having my kids run it while I couldn’t. I only have one kid and she’s 6 months old. I’ve been insulted, told I **Chech'tluth** and aren’t worthy of the top spot. People try to get info out of you for their friends so they can tell them what you have. There is even a guy out there who gets info from anyone close to the top and tells everyone else what he found out. I learned this two runs ago so I knew better than to feed his espionage machine. All the top leaders in the event somehow knew what I had when I only told one person. So you see Pallydine, the poker reference I used before was not going too far. It was valid. You gotta hold your cards close and you gotta close yourself off from the rest of the STT world because once you do good, the seedy STT underbelly comes out and tries to bring you down and demoralize you. I still haven’t got that top spot. This was a second place finish and without cheating. EVER. The reason I went for it was because I knew I had the time to put into it this weekend. So good luck to all who give it a shot but be aware that it can get ugly up there. Maybe it’s just me because I’m not in a fleet and thus don’t have friends or a clique.

That is a damn impressive finish Banjo. Seriously. Great work. People will always be envious of others...but to the point of false accusations all because someone did better than them in an event reminds me of the elementary behavioral students I work with daily. You just keep doing your own thing, you have plenty of support from the majority of people in the forums.
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    This is the 4th time I have competed for the top spot in an event and I gotta say it gets ugly out there. I was accused of having automated software. I don’t even own a computer. I play on iPhone. I was accused of having my kids run it while I couldn’t. I only have one kid and she’s 6 months old. I’ve been insulted, told I **Chech'tluth** and aren’t worthy of the top spot. People try to get info out of you for their friends so they can tell them what you have. There is even a guy out there who gets info from anyone close to the top and tells everyone else what he found out. I learned this two runs ago so I knew better than to feed his espionage machine. All the top leaders in the event somehow knew what I had when I only told one person. So you see Pallydine, the poker reference I used before was not going too far. It was valid. You gotta hold your cards close and you gotta close yourself off from the rest of the STT world because once you do good, the seedy STT underbelly comes out and tries to bring you down and demoralize you. I still haven’t got that top spot. This was a second place finish and without cheating. EVER. The reason I went for it was because I knew I had the time to put into it this weekend. So good luck to all who give it a shot but be aware that it can get ugly up there. Maybe it’s just me because I’m not in a fleet and thus don’t have friends or a clique.

That is a damn impressive finish Banjo. Seriously. Great work. People will always be envious of others...but to the point of false accusations all because someone did better than them in an event reminds me of the elementary behavioral students I work with daily. You just keep doing your own thing, you have plenty of support from the majority of people in the forums.

Thank you very much. I totally feel the support and it’s great to know many of you have such cool things to say about it. And you’re right. I could easily try to justify it in my mind by saying the guy in first place had to cheat but I’m the better man. The guy in first just had a little more. That’s all there is to it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Congrats, that's an epic run. We were all rooting for you during the event and I hope you to get there one of these days. Prove it can be done. Make us all proud.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Congrats, that's an epic run. We were all rooting for you during the event and I hope you to get there one of these days. Prove it can be done. Make us all proud.

That’s very cool of you. I’m really touched that y’all were pulling for me. It means a lot. I mean that
  • Enjoy the game, play to your hearts content, and remember that most of us root for each others successes
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Congratulations on your amazing run, @Banjo1012 . I hope you finally reach the mountaintop someday, to proudly plant the banner for all Fleet-free folk to see and harken to. Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Congratulations on your amazing run, @Banjo1012 . I hope you finally reach the mountaintop someday, to proudly plant the banner for all Fleet-free folk to see and harken to. Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Ha! I like that! Or I can raise my arms and shout “DRAGO!!!!!”

• I was planning to go for the top spot myself this event, but when I saw your name in first rank after the first day I thought it would be better not to try. I safed in a nice 6th place, just enough to FF Kira.

Sorry to see that you did not make it in the end. One day you will make it, I am sure about that. And do not care about the idiots in this game, they are not worth it.
  • Congrats, from one of those way down at the Threshold and Out level.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Every last drop

And that takes how long to save?

Congrats on your silver win!! I'm sure gold is next.

My highest hasn't yet reached the top 25 achievement.
    ~ seeking out new life
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

Every last drop

And that takes how long to save?

Congrats on your silver win!! I'm sure gold is next.

My highest hasn't yet reached the top 25 achievement.

Thanks for the congrats. The last time I burned all my chrons before this was the Lissan event. So however long it was between that one and this one is how long I saved.