Home The Bridge

Erin/Shan: Please look into the honour points for dismissed crew again

Comments

• I agree that, if nothing else, Legendary Characters should reward more Honor when dismissed. I wouldn't say anything about Vogages though, that's a surefire way to plant the bug for another Voyage nerf rather than an Honor buff.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    So with the whole Picard debacle maybe its time to re-open this debate @Shan @Erin

If the Picard could have be exchanged for 10% towards a different Gold maybe there wouldn't have been so much ill feeling by DBs paying customers! I understand that you want the honour to be gradually occurring but how many times do people airlock Legendaries, unless they already have them FF.

550 honor doesn't get you much and pales into insignificance when voyages, the daily rewards and fleet rewards are taken into account.

Jim

Jim it's for that reason a lot of people stockpile honor I'm at 436k and climbing I don't play the gauntlet so meh to whoever the new "special" card is.

Citations are good but certainly not worth the exchange of gold dismissals for gold citations. The honor hall reminds me of those cash for gold places where you bring in expensive items and get paid 5c on the dollar.
  • Just a thought but in theory, DB could grant our wishes on higher HP for dismissed (airlocked) 4* & 5*. If they at the same time raise the bar for those citations (using the increased HP payout as justification), we'd be much worse off and people here would be even more pissed.

Anyone consider requesting a lowering of requirements?

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Just a thought but in theory, DB could grant our wishes on higher HP for dismissed (airlocked) 4* & 5*. If they at the same time raise the bar for those citations (using the increased HP payout as justification), we'd be much worse off and people here would be even more pissed.

I think it is assumed that you only move one side of the equation for it to be beneficial. They could just as easily with your proposal lower the requirement and lower the dismissal points per.

In addition it has been done as well as a suggestion. However, I think the consensus was the best way to preserve some form of harder ratio for 5* acquisition vs 4 vs 3 vs 2, as well as the value of dismissal ratio as well was going the way of the current proposal.

I really don't care either way, it would be nicer for some change in the calculous for a duplicate to be worth the risk on some pack purchases. I completely abstain from non-event packs that are themed that I have more than one of the 4s FFed. I miss out on a lot of characters I want that way but with a lot less disappointment on the value I got for my money.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought but in theory, DB could grant our wishes on higher HP for dismissed (airlocked) 4* & 5*. If they at the same time raise the bar for those citations (using the increased HP payout as justification), we'd be much worse off and people here would be even more pissed.

They made a post at one point that they would be a lot more amenable to change the quantity of honor awarded than adjusting the price in the honor hall.

(Not saying I buy the rationale, just that I remember a post to that affect)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know for sure, is the honor rates are worthless to me, so between limited crew slots and high chance of zero return on packs, it forces me not to waste my money or dil.

Instead I'll find somebody that will provide me with something of higher value, and somebody that understands customer service.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know for sure, is the honor rates are worthless to me, so between limited crew slots and high chance of zero return on packs, it forces me not to waste my money or dil.

Instead I'll find somebody that will provide me with something of higher value, and somebody that understands customer service.

Honestly, I'm not in favor of the exchange rate now, but it is better then when we just got trainers. That was total BS. (And if you still want trainers you can get em with honor and cheaper than the trainer turn in for the original dismissal value)
  • Captain Q wrote: »

They made a post at one point that they would be a lot more amenable to change the quantity of honor awarded than adjusting the price in the honor hall.

I recall the same post too, Rex. I'm just wondering what is missing in the community's arguments that isn't budging DB?

"We huffed and we puffed... Why didn't the damned house come falling down?!?!"
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Honestly, I'm not in favor of the exchange rate now, but it is better then when we just got trainers. That was total *hugs*. (And if you still want trainers you can get em with honor and cheaper than the trainer turn in for the original dismissal value)

I will concur, a pittance of honor is theoretically better than a pittance of trainers.

Unfortunately, we're still stuck with a pittance that is more of an insult than incentive.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall the same post too, Rex. I'm just wondering what is missing in the community's arguments that isn't budging DB?

"We huffed and we puffed... Why didn't the damned house come falling down?!?!"

They haven't done anything because there has been a lack of community response to it. If recent history shows us anything, they respond (quickly) to significant community pressure.

Until there's significant community pressure on this issue, I doubt anything will change.

Create a ticket every time you see a fully fused behold and ask for compensation. The worst thing that happens is they decline to compensate you, but at least that frustration is reflected in their metrics.
  • NamelesstoonNamelesstoon ✭✭
    edited January 2018

As was mentioned above, we need to make more of a protest to be noticed. Wish I had seen this earlier this morning, had two beholds that were full of immortalized crew. From now on I will send a ticket every time just to give extra voice to our issue with the beholds.

• edited January 2018
    The solution is don’t spend money to buy the packs.

I am VIP14+ and I haven’t renewed my monthly VIP for a week. Don’t plan or feel like opening my wallet until drop rate and gauntlet are fixed!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2662/new-year-resolution-make-players-happier
  • Another side note to this is if they stayed on top of making sure the newer characters hit the rotation a few months after their release the odds increase for someone you don't have to drop in a behold in turn decreasing the all immortalized beholds.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now with the fact that in order to complete collections, we need more honor. Is it not time to look at this again!

Going to be nigh on impossible to hit the top thresholds for me.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I’ve come to accept the amount of honor received for dismissing crew. I wouldn’t turn my nose at more, but it’s clear at this point that the values are not going to be adjusted.

What I would like to see is more ways to earn honor. One obvious way to do so would be to add honor to event reward tiers. Could be based on individual rank, squad rank, or a new fleet rank.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    Is it not time to look at this again!

Or else?
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • The honour received for airlocking crew is indeed pitiful. However, it wouldn't be quite so painful if DB could just ensure all immortal beholds didn't happen (or you're awarded with a citation if one does) and that the chances of getting duplicate crew were reduced. This game is one of patience and slowly building on crew and resources, and I like that, but it doesn't mean I'm happy to have the **** taken by appalling cost benefit ratios.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Personally I think there are several possibilities here 1, is adjusting airlock honor to something like 50, 150, 375, 800, 2000.

Furthermore I think older Legendaries should be added to voyage drops. As far as I know, Legendaries don't ever drop on voyages - pretty disappointing to be brutally honest if that is the case. This would encourage dilithium purchases for longer voyages etc.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I doubt they'll change it, but its the dismissal value that's the major brakes on my spending. I'm down to a monthly card now and all I use it on is to refresh voyages if I forget to recall or I'm having luck with dillemas and 4* drops. I don't buy premium pulls because I almost never get a super-rare I don't have Immortalized already and I don't buy the theme packs if I have 1 of the super rares FF(as much as I'd love the other 4 in the pack) because I ALWAYS get the one that FF. I caved on the Riker Pack (all I had FF was Augment Riker)... Who did I pull? You guessed it... Augment Riker. So he went out the airlock and I spent 650 DIL on 400 honor and a TON of useless ship schematics that I've had maxed for over a year. All it did was make me regret spending my money on the pack - It's my own fault because I knew it would happen, but it doesn't make me want to drop on non-event packs at all. At least with the event packs, I'm getting characters I can use(most of the time) - If I'm lucky, I pull the ranked 4*, 1 copy of the threshold and a copy or 2 of the legendary...

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there... The point is there are SO MANY cards I need to get and am more than happy to give DB my money, but if all I'll feel is that "I might as well just light my money on fire, at least then I have a bit of a show", I'm not spending it...
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting. This has become salient to me for the first time because Guinan has just left the Gauntlet and I have a spare one (I was very lucky, no complaints here on that front). But my dilemma is now what to do with that spare Guinan. At the moment she is just sitting there as a 1/5 and I don't have any incentive to level her, as she adds nothing interesting as I have Cornwell, Mirror Troi and Bashir, Julian Bashir already. So I am faced with the very real prospect of airlocking her. But only getting 550 honor is definitely very irritating. I assume it's that pitiful so that I continue to use the roster space I paid for, holding on to her. Getting a Legendary is supposed to be the very pinnacle of the gaming experience in this game, it is seriously underwhelming when it's a dupe like this.

As you progress in the game this obviously becomes a more serious issue as we face the possibility of Legendary Beholds where we have all of the Legendaries already. I am not a whale, but I have managed to amass a few FF non-Mega Event Legendaries through judicious use of citations. The prospect of getting a Legendary behold with all immortalised crew would seriously dissuade me from buying Premium portal packs.

I know that these are all nice problems to have, but they are in the likely future of many players, particularly paying players, and DB should make a serious attempt to address this.
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    It's interesting. This has become salient to me for the first time because Guinan has just left the Gauntlet and I have a spare one (I was very lucky, no complaints here on that front). But my dilemma is now what to do with that spare Guinan. At the moment she is just sitting there as a 1/5 and I don't have any incentive to level her, as she adds nothing interesting as I have Cornwell, Mirror Troi and Bashir, Julian Bashir already. So I am faced with the very real prospect of airlocking her. But only getting 550 honor is definitely very irritating. I assume it's that pitiful so that I continue to use the roster space I paid for, holding on to her. Getting a Legendary is supposed to be the very pinnacle of the gaming experience in this game, it is seriously underwhelming when it's a dupe like this.

As you progress in the game this obviously becomes a more serious issue as we face the possibility of Legendary Beholds where we have all of the Legendaries already. I am not a whale, but I have managed to amass a few FF non-Mega Event Legendaries through judicious use of citations. The prospect of getting a Legendary behold with all immortalised crew would seriously dissuade me from buying Premium portal packs.

I know that these are all nice problems to have, but they are in the likely future of many players, particularly paying players, and DB should make a serious attempt to address this.
    Yep same position here, She is just using a slot that would otherwise be used. Trying to complete the collections is nigh on impossible without a FAIR exchange rate.

Still, until other people start voting with their wallets this is going to continue.

Jim

Still, until other people start voting with their wallets this is going to continue.

You are 100% right and this is why asking Erin and Shan and DB isn't going to change a single thing.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

You are 100% right and this is why asking Erin and Shan and DB isn't going to change a single thing.

The irony is they don't even realize the opportunity that they are missing. Sure the people that spend are gonna keep spending, but it is all the people that don't spend because the return is so bad that they are missing. They should run a promotion where the packs come with extra honor and see how much more people buy.

If more people complain/respond/abstain from purchases it keeps the issue in the forefront. I don't expect DB to change its practices without a concerted effort from the player base.
  • edited March 2018
    My worry is that DB has dug in their heels and decided honor rates aren't an issue.

They won't look at declining sales and think to themselves "we need to make this a better value for our customers". Or in many cases "We need to stop selling things that have such a high chance of pissing our customers off because aren't getting anything of value AT ALL".

Instead, they will think "we're not making enough money on this game and should shut it down so we can focus on something more profitable".

And it's a shame that's how the mobile gaming market works. I really do want this game to succeed, despite all of the lunacy that comes from the people making the marketing decisions.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Now with the fact that in order to complete collections, we need more honor. Is it not time to look at this again!

There is a thread on honor debt which speaks to and substantiates your point here about honor exchange rates and collections. How much Honor do you owe ?. I think that's an useful framework to use for advocating for a change in honor rates. What I think might be a useful next step on that front is to get an estimate of honor accumulation rates from across the spending spectrum and then use that to figure out what timescales people are likely to have enough honor to immortalize their crew through the citations mechanism.
    My worry is that DB has dug in their heels and decided honor rates aren't an issue.

They won't look at declining sales and think to themselves "we need to make this a better value for our customers". Or in many cases "We need to stop selling things that have such a high chance of pissing our customers off because aren't getting anything of value AT ALL".

Instead, they will think "we're not making enough money on this game and should shut it down so we can focus on something more profitable".

And it's a shame that's how the mobile gaming market works. I really do want this game to succeed, despite all of the lunacy that comes from the people making the marketing decisions.

I created a thread to attempt to illustrate a similar point, Lost Revenue: Does the current honor exchange rate discourage your spending on packs?, this is the poll:
    ld8t9r1gqxh3.png

I probably could have framed the question better, and it is, of course, a relatively small sample size though I think it's still informative. There are links there, and in my post above, to a plethora of other threads on the matter as well.
    If more people complain/respond/abstain from purchases it keeps the issue in the forefront. I don't expect DB to change its practices without a concerted effort from the player base.

Exactly.
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    w56do9b9gjkr.png
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
    So with the whole Picard debacle maybe its time to re-open this debate @Shan @Erin

If the Picard could have be exchanged for 10% towards a different Gold maybe there wouldn't have been so much ill feeling by DBs paying customers! I understand that you want the honour to be gradually occurring but how many times do people airlock Legendaries, unless they already have them FF.

550 honor doesn't get you much and pales into insignificance when voyages, the daily rewards and fleet rewards are taken into account.

Jim

+1
    STAR TREK JUNKIES