Home The Holodeck
Options

Want to work at DB?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Makes me want to buy the building, set up a Captains chair in the middle of DB offices, and just leer at the worker bees all day while drinking a suspiciously blue drink in a martini glass.

Oh, and I guess I need a long haired white cat in my lap. Or maybe a white Tribble.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving this to The Holodeck as it is off-topic in regards to STT.
  • Options
    xais0tofv31k.gif
  • Options
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    xais0tofv31k.gif

Nighty night thread you were fun when you were awake and lively in the Bridge.
  • Options
    @DealWithItJazzRiker does this mean there’s no substance to this claim?
  • Options
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    ZEB :-) wrote: »
    xais0tofv31k.gif

Nighty night thread you were fun when you were awake and lively in the Bridge.

I slept since then can't remember nothing from the day before. Lol
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    @DealWithItJazzRiker does this mean there’s no substance to this claim?

If there is an advert the rental of space is likely to be true. It doesn't follow that DB is in trouble.

I have worked for companies that subt let space. Most of them forward planned based on expected future size and sub let in the short term
  • Options
    WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Floors? Sure.
    Subfloors? Sure.
    A suite of offices? Maybe.
    A single office? No.
    A desk for $129 a month? Not in a million years.
    Call up EA, Microsoft, Bungie and tell them you want to rent a desk for $129 a month.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me want to buy the building, set up a Captains chair in the middle of DB offices, and just leer at the worker bees all day while drinking a suspiciously blue drink in a martini glass.

Oh, and I guess I need a long haired white cat in my lap. Or maybe a white Tribble.

What are you? A Bond villain?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come Mr. Bigglesworth!

• Options
    Lets get this party started..9rduoz98ctgl.jpg
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    That John Radoff guy looks eerily similar to Harry Knowles from Fanboys. And Han Solo is not a **tsk tsk**, y'all. :D

ph8g8b7v2mzi.jpeg
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Floors? Sure.
    Subfloors? Sure.
    A suite of offices? Maybe.
    A single office? No.
    A desk for $129 a month? Not in a million years.
    Call up EA, Microsoft, Bungie and tell them you want to rent a desk for $129 a month.

You are comparing grapes to grapefruit in terms of size.

A smaller company which has rented a larger office to grow into is in a different position to a large multinational.

To compare the two is stupid.

As for your comment about companies not renting single offices. I literally work in a single office that is sublet from a large company which has extra space (they also let single desks FYI).

I have also worked for a company that sublet spare space. In expensive cities it is a sensible approach
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This company is really hurting.
  • Options
    Call it what you will.
    Except you have it in reverse.
    They had layoffs. That's not growth.
    You are comparing peaches to apples.
    Were they expecting growth, they wouldnt be subletting the space.
    Consider this: What message are they sending for a maximum of $3900 a month?
    They're not sending the "Hey, have confidence in us, we're growing" message.
    Instead, they're saying....we need the $3900 a month. It helps pay our bills. We cant afford to keep this space empty in case we grow.
    This is not what Bob Ross would call "a happy accident".
    Feels more like the event horizon for a financial black hole has been crossed.
  • Options
    Wow this is really telling. Having thirty desk spaces and one conference room available for rent at a single location reeks of mismanagement. Between the lack of QA, the layoffs last year, declining arena participation, and now office space in their headquarters being up for rent, the warning signs are all there.

Think long and hard before you spend any $. This is what the decline of a startup looks like. These things do not happen in a healthy and sustainable business.

Don’t be surprised if there are more and money money grabs as they approach the end of the line.

They had more layoffs last week too and the severance package was only a few weeks. :|
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Call it what you will.
    Instead, they're saying....we need the $3900 a month. It helps pay our bills. We cant afford to keep this space empty in case we grow.

From an article in the Worcester Business Journal, 15 August 2018:

“Framingham video game developers Disruptor Beam claimed third place on the Central Massachusetts list, taking in $29 million in 2017 for a growth rate [over three years] of 309 percent.”

I do not think the end is near for the company, y’all.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call it what you will.

“Framingham video game developers Disruptor Beam claimed third place on the Central Massachusetts list, taking in $29 million in 2017 for a growth rate [over three years] of 309 percent.”

🖖🏻

Good for you DB! Keep the game alive!

• Options
    This number means nothing, for a multitude of reasons.
    What is their revenue now? Is it declining? Is it growing at a slower rate?
    And more importantly, what about expenses? Growing faster than revenue?
    Layoffs and $129 desks should speak much more loudly to you.
    What happened in 2017 is almost a year old, and is irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This number means nothing, for a multitude of reasons.
    What is their revenue now? Is it declining? Is it growing at a slower rate?
    And more importantly, what about expenses? Growing faster than revenue?
    Layoffs and $129 desks should speak much more loudly to you.
    What happened in 2017 is almost a year old, and is irrelevant.

You are entitled to your own opinion, of course.

As am I.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Very true.
    But there arent many opinions in a balance sheet, save goodwill.
    We'll see what the coming months bring.
    If their numbers are increasing, you'll see another Series B....because they certainly arent growing enough to fund internally.
    If there numbers are declining or growing slower, you'll see one of their investors....GrandBanks or Romulus....eat them and repackage them with something else. If they are salvageable.
    Don't shoot the messenger. Rent a $129 desk instead. Its only 2 Martoks and a Sato this week
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Call it what you will.

🖖🏻

Those are revenue growth numbers which are meaningless without understanding their gross profit and EBIDA numbers, which basically no privately held companies ever share.

Businesses that host on cloud platforms like a Azure or AWS where they’re paying an hourly rate for server resources actually have this interesting phenomenon where they need a certain purchase conversation rate to be profitable and if you are below that threshold, more users actually costs you more money. So if there is a huge f2p community or mostly light spenders, they could be putting all of that growth revenue back into their tech platform just to “keep the lights on” and not taking a profit.

This is similar to the MoviePass problem where every customer MoviePass acquires actually costs them money rather than making them money.
  • Options
    Spot on Captain Jellico!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I actually agree with y’all that the revenues are meaningless in and of themselves, and that earnings before interest, taxes & adjustments are much more important. Investors would presumably want and get to see the balance sheet, earnings report, statement of cash flows, &c. before committing their capital.

My point was that DB publicized any of their numbers at all, and I am not sure why a supposedly failing company would do so.
    🖖🏻
  • Options
    Brings a Peace offering to the Conference table...qzad07he7tlw.jpg
  • Options
    bpf157dcwd6a.gif
  • Options
    Approx. 30 mil VC Capital can put the crunch on cash flow and scale up. But this company is a great investment I think. Too bad it’s private.
  • Options
    I'll admit, the idea of working for a gaming company that runs a game I love as much as STT has always been a bit of a fantasy. Still, I do really like my life outside of the game, too. If DB ever considered outsourcing some of the work load to players in any fashion at all, where we could work from home, for example, while still maintaining our "normal" lives, I'd very seriously consider looking for a shot at pitching in.

Let's face it, everyone here can see there is a huge amount of people on a daily basis asking DB to improve the game. There are some very good ideas being shared. The customer service DB shows when one puts in a help ticket is good, yet it was much better in the beginning of the game. So there's now definitely room for improvement there. Why has it declined? I suspect they pulled more people off of that particular task. There's a ton of ways they can make improvements, just like any other business. How about more people who are tasked with monitoring this forum and perhaps submitting the better ideas up the proverbial food chain for consideration? I'd help out. Many people would, I suspect, as well.
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is looking for a STT Game Director currently:

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/careers/job/?gh_jid=1465983&fbclid=IwAR0TV82tCF-WXIajZ-jGr7nC7kEez_aAkQMelYVxLDkiTWa2ErJmgmQ2a-U

And this part

"Today, Disruptor Beam has several new games in its pipeline – but while we expand, we want to bring Star Trek Timelines to the next stage of its evolution."

sounds very promising. Especially since many think DB and this game will go down soon. Looking forward to the things they will "cook" up...