Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Everywhere at Once - 10/24 - ME#4

Comments

• Options
    I was just contemplating citing my Honey Bare yesterday. I’m glad I didn’t. She’s been at 4/5 for a long time for me so this is awesome.
  • Options
    Still wondering, will Orion Vina receive a small bonus as a Vina variant or not?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Still wondering, will Orion Vina receive a small bonus as a Vina variant or not?

We will find out definitively on Monday, I suppose. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She should. It’s literally the same person
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    She should. It’s literally the same person

But Mark Lenard Sarek doesn’t get the bonus when Disco Sarek does. Same character.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I have edited the original post to include "variants of Vina" :)
    Sorry about that!

Thanks!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Im really enjoying this mega. Ive had three weekends free so far with a 4th imminent, i’ve saved a bucket load of chrons and not spent a single dilithium crystal on packs, let alone real cash. Ive finally had a chance to get some crew levelled up and concentrate on the characters i had at level 60/90 for months. Im a happy bunny! Another Disco mega please!

• Options
    edited October 2019
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Dont have an issue with flashbacks given their rationale (to work on QoL updates). But I havent seen any QoL since last flashback (or am I missing something?)

Surely working 2 months on QoL should result in some being released right?

Cross-posting Shan’s comments a few days ago on this subject, from a recent poll:
    Shan wrote: »
    When the QoL improvements we are working on will go live, they will be announced.
    So I am not quite sure what the goal of this poll is.

7.2.0. has given us issues and we are trying to tackle them as quickly as we can.

If you have new issues to report please do so in the proper forum category, thank you :)
    🖖

EDIT: Also, this:

ar7un4xc08c3.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    A minor point that I haven't seen anyone else make yet. Honey Bare's in-game name is Honey Bare Jadzia, not Honey Bare Dax (per the announcement).

The in-game naming is consistent with the episode, in that Honey Bare is simply represented by Jadzia's image, but she is not actually a joined Trill in the holoprogram's story.
  • Options
    wfeavpcemy9v.png
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    wfeavpcemy9v.png

Love the name change to Kaminar Saru. Much better!

He's still potato Saru.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    wfeavpcemy9v.png

Love the name change to Kaminar Saru. Much better!

He's still potato Saru.

They call Ron White Tater Salad.

I guess he could be Tater Sack.........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my voyage estimates and was surprised to see that Vina was my highest rated legendary for voyages; that is, she makes the most number of skill combos. My crew is not necessarily DIP or MED deficient either - my DIP/MED and MED/DIP runs are 11th and 13th (out of 30) in estimated length.

I'm still a bit dubious of her value from looking at the vacuum metrics and the amount of skill set competition she has, but if you're in need of her skill combo, it might be worth it to crunch the numbers for your own roster while her event pack is in the portal.

ctvog57pz3gt.png
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I checked my voyage estimates and was surprised to see that Vina was my highest rated legendary for voyages; that is, she makes the most number of skill combos. My crew is not necessarily DIP or MED deficient either - my DIP/MED and MED/DIP runs are 11th and 13th (out of 30) in estimated length.

I'm still a bit dubious of her value from looking at the vacuum metrics and the amount of skill set competition she has, but if you're in need of her skill combo, it might be worth it to crunch the numbers for your own roster while her event pack is in the portal.

ctvog57pz3gt.png

She pushed a third of my voyages well above 8h so I'm not surprised. I wasn't playing during the hobo bashir mega though and only have him at 1/5 so that could explain it, still, she performed well above my expectations in all departments. I used her today in a 45% gauntlet and she's doing extremely well. She also got me the quinn I was pointlessly chasing with FF/FE 4* diplomat crew on the first try. Clearly I have been underestimating this crew. She went from "lol use next week and forget" to "might get a few cites one day". I'm still undecided but she went up my list dramatically.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Saru is a jury rigger!

Makes sense. Didn't he make the radio he used to talk to Lippy?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain something to me? What differentiates when we have the special 400K threshold prize of an old legend vs not?

I would think that since this event has an old legend as a prize, it should also have an old legend at 400K, but that is obviously not the case here. It’s not a big deal, just uncertain of what triggers the 400K legend.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A replay event with a new 5* has the old legendary at 400k. If next week was a replay instead of a flashback it would have had a new 5* bonus crew which we could earn this week and then honeybare as 400k threshold. But since it's a flashback, there is no new crew so we get honey bare this week and no 400k next week.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

Yes! That's the last one I need to complete the collection!
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    A replay event with a new 5* has the old legendary at 400k. If next week was a replay instead of a flashback it would have had a new 5* bonus crew which we could earn this week and then honeybare as 400k threshold. But since it's a flashback, there is no new crew so we get honey bare this week and no 400k next week.

Ah. So replay = 400K old legend with new legend for places 1-1500. Flashback = no legend at 400K, and old legend for places 1-1500. Got it, thanks.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »

Yes! That's the last one I need to complete the collection!

Cool, I will need one more after this but maybe DB will give me another jury rigger after Saru.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just realized that the original "Fast as Light" event ran back when you had to finish Top 1000 to score the event 5*. Any chance that at least will be changed @Shan ? Or would changing it defeat the point of the flashback?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked that when the details were first announced. She still hasn't responded.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flashbacks are no new code at all.