Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Everywhere at Once - 10/24 - ME#4

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Flashbacks are no new code at all.

Correct, just the ranked 5* crew reward will be new. Here’s a link to the original description:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14481/flashback-event-09-05
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Never mind.

Note to self: don’t post before coffee.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Flashbacks are no new code at all.

Correct, just the ranked 5* crew reward will be new. Here’s a link to the original description:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14481/flashback-event-09-05
    🖖

The first flashback was also chosen so it would have a modern reward structure. This one very much does not.

The new crew adds complexity to an event. If adding a couple extra threshold rewards is that difficult, then their code is even worse than we feared.

On the other hand they could do a rerun in the first place if the rework on the reward structure would not matter. I expect it to be exactly the same as on the original run.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The next event will be a flashback event and will have the more recent rewards structure.

Thanks for the information, Shan. Unexpected but welcome news. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    So I just realized that the original "Fast as Light" event ran back when you had to finish Top 1000 to score the event 5*. Any chance that at least will be changed @Shan ? Or would changing it defeat the point of the flashback?

After 1200 Eastern on Wednesday, we can also check the Ranked Rewards Table. Just a general comment for anyone who did not realize. Not singling you out, just quoted you since you had asked, to inform people. No offense was meant, intended, implied, or planned.

xy9h1shhazm3.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    So I just realized that the original "Fast as Light" event ran back when you had to finish Top 1000 to score the event 5*. Any chance that at least will be changed @Shan ? Or would changing it defeat the point of the flashback?

After 1200 Eastern on Wednesday, we can also check the Ranked Rewards Table. Just a general comment for anyone who did not realize. Not singling you out, just quoted you since you had asked, to inform people. No offense was meant, intended, implied, or planned.

xy9h1shhazm3.jpg

The flashback event is next week. The reward table is not available until next Wednesday. The table you showed is for this week's event which we knew would be the normal reward structure.

gxzct38doxo1.jpg

I keep forgetting the new "week ahead" thing!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    No event ingame message today?
  • Options
    No event ingame message today?

Like eight minutes to start. Kind of late, isn't it?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird, unless I am miscounting it seems like there are just 2 three-seat shuttles in terran and augment factions but 3 three-seat shuttles in cardassian faction.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird, unless I am miscounting it seems like there are just 2 three-seat shuttles in terran and augment factions but 3 three-seat shuttles in cardassian faction.

I found it odd. But one is only single-skill seats. My percentage wasn't as high. I think it's a delightful little curve ball. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

xy9h1shhazm3.jpg

The flashback event is next week. The reward table is not available until next Wednesday. The table you showed is for this week's event which we knew would be the normal reward structure.

gxzct38doxo1.jpg

I keep forgetting the new "week ahead" thing!!!!!!

Ha! Hilarious!

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I found it odd. But one is only single-skill seats. My percentage wasn't as high. I think it's a delightful little curve ball. :)

Yeah I do not mind some differences in factions I was just surprised.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next event will be a flashback event and will have the more recent rewards structure.

Are we getting Honey bare Jadzia at 400k then?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Are we getting Honey bare Jadzia at 400k then?

Hope dies last but it is still a Flashback...

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification. An interesting (and much appreciated) twist.
  • Options
    And there it goes. Had TWO fail at over 96% chance......
  • Options
    Anyone close to rank 1500 who can give a VP update?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone close to rank 1500 who can give a VP update?

I'm about 500 right now, so I can't give you an answer, but the general rule on a faction event is 550 to 600 thousand points, depending on the 5* crew. Galaxy events are about 600 to 650 thousand, and skirmish is around 800K.

I always aim.for those numbers and it generally works.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are fighting hard for this event.

They sure are! I’m damn near 3000 and I’m not putting any less effort than normal. I’m never ranked this low
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

They sure are! I’m damn near 3000 and I’m not putting any less effort than normal. I’m never ranked this low

I knew the possibility of earning a Honey Bare was going to get a lot of players fired up, so I didn't even figure on ranking for this one — still need 4 more stars on mine, but going to take a crack at the event pack next week instead to try to score another copy.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Rank 1,500 is around 400k right now.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Yep, forced to using many multipliers and boosts just to barely maintain <1500

Finally had one fail, but it was a 7th shuttle in a group, so I am okay with that.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ran 5 Shuttles through Friday now running 4 and siting between 250 and 350