Home The Bridge
Options

DDM

Comments

• Options
    Eryapsed wrote: »
    As one of the most active members, and an officer/squadron leader, of the recent hostile takeover, no communication was made with me concerning this takeover. The main point being that DDM has done this many times before but has now found a fleet willing to fight back and not capitulate.
    Can you post that you go for very low-level fleets and do the same?? They might appreciate the assistance that you claim to provide.

This happened to me several weeks back. I don't know how they were able to wrestle command of the base I was on.

I ended up leaving. I have since joined a very active and friendly community so I'm at least happy that I was finally given the incentive to leave the moribund base.

But my question remains. How were they able to become admiral, whilst I, a founding member was not?

they came into the fleet noticed the admiral was offline more than 30 days and asked CS to give them admiral level and basically they let it happen
  • Options
    basically CS let it happen with their bad buisness policy regarding inactive admirals
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I agree that what DDM has been doing is despicable and TP should do everything humanly possible to make it right.

But it got me thinking...

Can we implement some kind of roll-play hostile takeover metric to the game? How about this...

If the Admiral is inactive from the game for a certain amount of time, any existing officer (who in turn needs to have been an officer for a defined amount of time) should be able to perform a coup and take the admiralty.

Well, what if the officers are inactive as well?

Any player (who has been in the fleet for a certain amount of time) can promote themselves to the rank of “Petty-Officer”.

After a certain amount of time, a Petty-Officer gets promoted to Officer. Any officer can demote any Petty-Officer to fleet member at any time.

Think of this process as how officers advance in the Mirror Universe. It totally fits in-game.

And the programming shouldn’t be that difficult to implement. The creation of the new “Petty-Officer” rank would probably take the most programming time.

And if the Admiral is active, all this is moot anyway.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already taken over another fleet: Charlies Angels, a lvl 100 starbase with 28 people in it
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    They've already taken over another fleet: Charlies Angels, a lvl 100 starbase with 28 people in it

wow....knew they wouldn't stay down long but they did it again?!? that quickly?
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    I can only imagine DDM's recruiting ads proudly announcing all of their many fleets with high-level Starbases - most of which they never built themselves...
  • Options
    basically CS let it happen with their bad buisness policy regarding inactive admirals

This is terrible. It really annoyed and confused me at the time but I moved on. Do CS understand the stress they are causing their customers. Stress might seem exaggerated but at the time the world was changing in uncertain ways and then this troll took over a fleet where I had friendships, changed its name, threatened us with expulsion of we didn't change our tags and generally had an unpleasant discourse with me. The fleet was Ingress: Enlightened, and we all played another game, had a good community. Like I say, I had moved on but to hear this was sanctioned by CS has brought back the anger.
  • Options
    a Shinzon for all their crew would really anger Phu since....ya know he hates me
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    9km8wib5buvy.jpeg
    wqy7fgnj8vvl.jpeg

Sisko posted this on discord and I couldn’t sit here and not do anything.

Wow... what an epidemic this is
  • Options
    a Shinzon for all their crew would really anger Phu since....ya know he hates me

I might change my in-game avatar in solidarity to protest at this players tactics.
  • Options

I might change my in-game avatar in solidarity to protest at this players tactics.

go ahead i'm just happy to have helped
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    careful guys, don't want the thread locked/closed. posting messages from others can lead to that.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Cheap petty people do many questionable actions. These actions are often reprehensible. They do not care due to mental anomalies present in their brain. Get used go it. These type people are everywhere.
  • Options
    i was using the "quote" function
This discussion has been closed.