Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event "A Brute Squad" - rerun (03/04)

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    We have 23rd Century Martok, so putting 19th in front shouldn’t have any coding prohibitions. But we shall see.

Edit: I like the artwork though!
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    If you haven't finished Claiborne Chekov and are planning to use the loot from the threshold rewards to do so, it's his lvl 96 revolver that comes at 150k VP, not his lvl 90 outfit (which is only a 3* TOS command uniform anyway).

Wish I had noticed this before I FE’d him 🥸

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I changed my mind.
  • Options
    Frank Hollander was a relatively early Legendary for me, and has been sitting on his duff for quite some time. Looking forward to using him in an event, and getting a second star!

I know some folks poo poo that episode for being too silly, but Spiner looks like he's having so much fun with each character.

What’s wrong with a little silly? :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the more reserved characters are played by pretty emotive actors. Spiner, Auberjonois, and Picardo all do a lot of comedic work, and I imagine this actually helps a lot when expression needs to be kept so subtle.

The EMH opened up a lot over the course of the series, but Data and Odo didn't get nearly as many opportunities to shake things up.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Does Data Q count as a Data event variant?
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Data Q count as a Data event variant?

Yes.
  • Options
    Which card has better voyage utility? Ghostgasm crusher, or copycat crusher?
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Many of the more reserved characters are played by pretty emotive actors. Spiner, Auberjonois, and Picardo all do a lot of comedic work, and I imagine this actually helps a lot when expression needs to be kept so subtle.

The EMH opened up a lot over the course of the series, but Data and Odo didn't get nearly as many opportunities to shake things up.

I think the exploration of data and Odo was more understated (and Data got the films to explore emotions too) but to be honest, the EMH started to annoy me by the end, expecting to inconvenience the crew for his personal growth in a way that would never be allowed from a "real" crew member.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

I think the exploration of data and Odo was more understated (and Data got the films to explore emotions too) but to be honest, the EMH started to annoy me by the end, expecting to inconvenience the crew for his personal growth in a way that would never be allowed from a "real" crew member.

Robert Picardo was such a great actor and had such good rapport with Jeri Ryan that the writers had to manufacture storylines to get them in the show more.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

Voyager: *encounters anything at all*

Doctor: "I DESERVE TO EXPERIENCE EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR SOCIETY FULLY, INCLUDING BEING WORSHIPED AS THEIR DEITY, OR I AM BEING OPPRESSED BECAUSE I AM A HOLOGRAM!"

Harry Kim: "Can I just... like... not be an Ensign anymore? Please?"

Janeway: "We must sacrifice Harry to let the Doctor evolve for a week and then leave and pretend none of this ever happened. Also, Harry, you're demoted to Ensign, Junior Grade."

Poor Kim. He just wants his pips! Can’t he have just ONE?

wdjczajnp10a.png
  • Options
    Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? Why are there no KM players in the top?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt dx wrote: »
    Did I miss something? Why are there no KM players in the top?

Banned?
    😉
    ...too soon?
    (Please don't hurt me...)
  • Options
    Cpt dxCpt dx ✭✭✭
    Lol.

It's just... weird not seeing a robot at the top of a faction. Plus the top 50 seem extremely low in points.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Cpt dx wrote: »
    Lol.

It's just... weird not seeing a robot at the top of a faction. Plus the top 50 seem extremely low in points.

The event isn t over yet. 😉

You can rank 1st in a faction even with a couple hours left to go.
    If you spend a huge amount of money on a faction, it doesn t matter
    if u do it on Day 1 or Day 4.

In Galaxy or Skirmishes it doesn t work though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

GFer. Century is only better in the Gauntlet.

l3lujcbk50mk.png

Though, Mok'bara is even better still...
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options

GFer. Century is only better in the Gauntlet.

l3lujcbk50mk.png

Though, Mok'bara is even better still...

Thanks for this, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. LLAP
  • Options
    Why did this event have no story?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did this event have no story?

This event never had a story, it's pretty old and that specific one was made without narrative.