Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread : Skirmish Event - Eye of the Storm 2021-09-23

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool provided the stats of Lt. Commander Gary Mitchell are good. I can make a Gary bridge with Gary Seven.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Nice, another Skirmishes, early after the last. Like it.
    Havn t seen stats of new crew yet, though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Federation Fighter is not new:
    daf6gsishvtx.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    4ue4txa3f2rr.jpg

Oh good, a new ship trait to mess with our Voyage bonuses.

On the bright side...GARY MITCHELL IS COMING!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more schematics for the Federation fighter, but not pleased with a new 4* that will add a trait to voyages that can never help.
  • Options
    Shame the skirmish isn’t this week during the honor sale. That would have been nice.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish and Gary Mitchell - :):):)
    Malon trait - :(

I suppose I’ve learned to live with Maquis as a voyage trait, so just add Malon to the pile of “won’t get a personal best this time” voyages.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for Gary Mitchell! Been waiting since the name drop in Lower Decks. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I pity anyone who uses this guy in gauntlet with minimum proficiencies of nearly zero. Terrible stats.

wmhznyxis2pd.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data is a PvP beast.

ji9t3o1cch4i.jpg
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data is an extremely solid purple. A weird slow sledgehammer with 450% with a big evasion nerf, but new players can get him at a very low VP level. Plus... three collections.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data is a PvP beast.

ji9t3o1cch4i.jpg

Not at 12seconds. battle is over by then
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Data is a PvP beast.

ji9t3o1cch4i.jpg

Not at 12seconds. battle is over by then

Maybe admiral division, but not always captain division.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Wow. 😨 This must be a mistake?!
    stguaaj0fumk.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given it's Gary Mitchell for the new 5*, are we expecting Legend Unwritten or A Changeling in Time for the repeat? I'm betting Changeling since the theme of the month has been ST anniversary; give the second pilot a chance in the spotlight.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 704 base Max Roll on his Command would be nice in Gauntlet. That 12 Minimum? Too offsetting it. I'm not sure that 704 needs to be "offset" like the huge 1000+ Max Rolls.

I always like new Ships being added. But, when the new Ship is a 4* with an unique Trait? That means I will never be using it for Voyages. Even with that Trait Bonus and the Ship maxed out, my fully Leveled 5* Ships are still going to beat it for AM. But, it is cool looking.

And as soon as I saw Data in the Event Splashscreen, I was like "That's Nemesis Data!" Looking forward to adding him to my Crew.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Is Gary standing in a mirror? Looks like his insignia is on the wrong side...

xytemcifh88k.png
    ml6r5s2neapz.jpg

Good catch. I guess the artist messed up. It's not flipped, because the proper arm is raised compared to the screenshot. I know there were scenes in TOS that were filmed with equipment intentionally placed on the "wrong" side. They would do that, then "flip" the negative to make a scene look a little different if a background is used again, so it looks like a different background. This gets noticed sometimes because when they go to film the next scene, they would forget to fix the equipment placement, and the negative was not flipped.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitchell's CMD and SEC proficiencies look to be in error, possibly due to equipment. CMD minimum should be about 260 points higher and not sure about SEC (higher min, lower max?).

- re: CMD
    Of the top 25 Max CMD proficiency crew (Michell is 8th), none of them have a minimum lower than 240.

Only one crew with a max proficiency above 600 in any skill has a minimum lower than 214 (1-skill super rare Chapel)

The gap between his min and max CMD proficiency is bigger than the gap between any two proficiencies of any crew (even Defensive Phlox :) ).

I think there's been a problem in the past with a crew's unique items not giving the correct amount of stats and it looks like the same has happened here. His unique item stats (not verified live):

Mitchell's Starfleet Uniform
    0* CMD 2 (1-5)
    1* CMD 7 (1-10)
    2* CMD 7 (1-40)
    3* CMD 15 (1-85)
    4* CMD 30 (1-85)
    5* CMD 65 (1-85)

Mitchell's Powers
    2* SEC 7 (1-85)
    3* SEC 15 (1-85)
    4* SEC 30 (1-85)
    5* SEC 65 (1-85)

Similar items for high CMD proficiency crew:

Balok's Puppet
    2* CMD 10 (1-14)
    3* CMD 25 (3-34)
    4* CMD 50 (6-67)
    5* CMD 65 (16-135)

(Enabran) Tain's Outfit
    3* CMD (10-40)
    4* CMD (25-75)
    5* CMD (40-160)

Damar's Armor (Revolutionary)
    3* CMD (16-34)
    4* CMD (33-67)
    5* CMD (65-135)

Mitchell's traits only support a single 45% or better gauntlet, so it would be vital to his value that he not have proficiency lower than intended.

You can see his equipment? Is "Kirk's Giant Boulder" in there somewhere? Asking for a friend (who's a doctor on the Cerritos).
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV Suit Picars and Nemesis Data? Looks like I'll be opening event packs (and probably won't care that much about ranking high in this week's event)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

xytemcifh88k.png
    ml6r5s2neapz.jpg

Good catch. I guess the artist messed up. It's not flipped, because the proper arm is raised compared to the screenshot. I know there were scenes in TOS that were filmed with equipment intentionally placed on the "wrong" side. They would do that, then "flip" the negative to make a scene look a little different if a background is used again, so it looks like a different background. This gets noticed sometimes because when they go to film the next scene, they would forget to fix the equipment placement, and the negative was not flipped.

Ya Kirk in the Hippy episode had the insignia on wrong side in one scene on the planet. This is just sad though, been wanting-waiting for Gary in the game for 5 years and after all that, can't get his uniform right.....smh :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    Data is a PvP beast.

ji9t3o1cch4i.jpg

Mitchell is a PvP beast with his 18k crit boost at 6 secs.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitchell's CMD and SEC proficiencies look to be in error, possibly due to equipment. CMD minimum should be about 260 points higher and not sure about SEC (higher min, lower max?).

Did not notice the level 1 proficiencies before. It seems to be more than a gear thing, though those also aren't "normal".

0yf4ltcslu4k.png

A gauntlet crew with a wide range is an interesting concept, but I'm afraid they'd have to have more power than what Mitchell currently sports to be worth experimenting with.
  • Options

xytemcifh88k.png
    ml6r5s2neapz.jpg

Ya Kirk in the Hippy episode had the insignia on wrong side in one scene on the planet. This is just sad though, been wanting-waiting for Gary in the game for 5 years and after all that, can't get his uniform right.....smh :/

I think that is the one I was thinking of. I have some of the Nitpicker Guides and the TOS one talks it being out of place.
  • Options

Did not notice the level 1 proficiencies before. It seems to be more than a gear thing, though those also aren't "normal".

0yf4ltcslu4k.png

A gauntlet crew with a wide range is an interesting concept, but I'm afraid they'd have to have more power than what Mitchell currently sports to be worth experimenting with.

Usually min Profs get lower from Skill1 to Skill3, here it‘s quite the opposite.
    Really weird.

Can‘t believe thats intended? Shan?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing devil’s advocate for a moment...

One could imagine that the proficiencies represent Gary’s transformation from regular-guy to telekinetic-superbeing. So rather than capture what aluminum contact wearing Gary‘s capabilities are, they capture his entire character continuum.

Maybe.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I asked confirmation for the stats and they are as intended.
    For the art it is a bug, the image is flipped and hopefully it will be fixed with the next server update.

Just an observation. "Flipping" the artwork is going to still not match the reference photo. Unless there is another scene where the other arm is raised like that.....

Just an observation.

c5vhj8x74hhc.jpg