Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Faction Event - Never Meet your Heroes - 2022-09-22

2»

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU for adding Kazon to Boimler, and correcting Azetbur's name.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

:)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Yes, this just feels right. Titles are important for those that should have them.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I think @Shan could not decide, what to name the event in the posting? ^^

But I figured, it was just a copy&paste error ... confused me a tiny bit at first, when I posted the event notes to the fleet ^^

pqsdvv25yd19.jpg

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

But I figured, it was just a copy&paste error ... confused me a tiny bit at first, when I posted the event notes to the fleet ^^

pqsdvv25yd19.jpg

Cone of shame is ON!
    I will remedy to this immediately - need more brain cells ..
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

pqsdvv25yd19.jpg

C&P error. The right name would appear to be "Never Meet Your Heroes" per the Hub:

2r00nrshsvc8.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

pqsdvv25yd19.jpg

Cone of shame is ON!
    I will remedy to this immediately - need more brain cells ..

Nope. I guess you just need more coffee ^^.

Here you go ... Ub o:)
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Will Boimler ever get a legendary variant? 4th SR variant. Poor guy….😆

Apparently we must be careful what we wish for!

Interesting he got a 5* so soon after you asked.
  • Options
    Update: re: lack of faction winner for this event, this is due to a technical issue with this particular event.

While this is still being investigated, it's looking like it will not be an issue going forward and as a result the next full faction event, with three factions, should have a faction winner :)

Thank you for the update, Shan! The whole reason I asked was because when it was discussed last week about this week's Event, it was unknown if it was an one-time thing or a permanent change. I appreciate the follow up!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: re: lack of faction winner for this event, this is due to a technical issue with this particular event.

While this is still being investigated, it's looking like it will not be an issue going forward and as a result the next full faction event, with three factions, should have a faction winner :)

Thanks for the clarification!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    5rv40zzu3rfm.png

mi6b16oglkcx.png

Kudos to the writer putting in the storyline why Barclay has his hand out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Holy damn, y'all. What am I missing about this event that accounts for the stiff early competition? In the last full faction event, 1.5 million VP was good enough for #50. We're not ten hours into this one and third place is already over 1.2 million. Also: Why does Azetbur have MED skill and the Prodigy trait?
  • Options
    Holy damn, y'all. What am I missing about this event that accounts for the stiff early competition? In the last full faction event, 1.5 million VP was good enough for #50. We're not ten hours into this one and third place is already over 1.2 million. Also: Why does Azetbur have MED skill and the Prodigy trait?

Last sentence answered your question. Everyone wants Azetbur.

I'm not even trying. Last Fraction Event used up all my Time Boosts and Rentals. Almost 12 hours in and I do not even have 4K Shuttles unlocked yet.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this one is stiff due to the accumulated boosts and rentals. With the new campaign tracks, they are plentiful. I rarely buy one and haven't for quite a few months and I still had over 70 rentals.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bunch of boosts and rental tokens, a deep pool of bonus crew, a good 5* crew. It's a perfect storm.
  • Options
    Apologies if I've missed this being mentioned somewhere else, but Paris needs a big P:

8wzyqoe69rhg.png
  • Options
    Apologies if I've missed this being mentioned somewhere else, but Paris needs a big P:

8wzyqoe69rhg.png

Indeed.

I completely understand quick typos and autocorrect. I've lived in two other countries and speak three languages, so I understand issues with English as a second or third language.

But in all other cases, I totally judge people for their grammar. Failure to capitalize a name is first grade stuff. A business that does it just looks like they don't care.
  • Options

Last sentence answered your question. Everyone wants Azetbur.

Huh. Guess this is what I get for missing staff meetings. I figured Prodigy was too niche to account for this much competition. I just want her because VI is my favorite Trek movie. I'm going all out for as high a rank as I can manage simply because of ennui. Like a lot of other established players, I've had more resources than interest in using them for quite awhile. I've been hanging in the top 10 so far but I don't expect that to hold up. Anyway, good luck to nine of you chasing her!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

8wzyqoe69rhg.png

Indeed.

I completely understand quick typos and autocorrect. I've lived in two other countries and speak three languages, so I understand issues with English as a second or third language.

But in all other cases, I totally judge people for their grammar. Failure to capitalize a name is first grade stuff. A business that does it just looks like they don't care.

Or a human being made a harmless mistake. I saw it and gave it a quick chuckle and moved on.
  • Options

I assume Prodigy because she was the daughter of the famous guy and was able to rise to the top and succeed when the potential for greatness was thrus upon her. Not sure about med.

Also, why does the Prodigy trait make a difference for people to fight harder?
  • Options

I assume Prodigy because she was the daughter of the famous guy and was able to rise to the top and succeed when the potential for greatness was thrus upon her. Not sure about med.

Also, why does the Prodigy trait make a difference for people to fight harder?

I’m assuming because of the new(ish) Prodigy collection 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain , just a quick kudos for your choice of Gorkon as your avatar during your pursuit of Azetbur. Good luck! (8th place as of now, so perhaps luck is not even needed)