Home The Bridge

We Need A QOL Update sooner rather than later (More updates on P2)

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in The Bridge
Let me just say upfront, both Crew Retrieval/Celestial Market and Fleet Boss Battles have been fantastic additions. WRG have worked closely with the community on the latter and have done some great work to refine FBB to accomodate concerns and needs from the players.

That being said we really need some time spent on existing systems in the game that are in dire need of attention. Two points before I get started on the list. A- Yes this could go in "Make It So" however I feel this is more an extensive issue than just one part of the game and B- WRG have stated at times that usually any major change to the game would have to be financially profitable for the company, which I get, they have goals and expectations to meet. But I would counter that by eliminating a lot of these niggling details and QOL issues would increase the range of player retention and make happier players (which might even involve paying players).

Feel free to post your own suggestions to add here but bear in mind I've colated this list as fixes for current systems, not additions to the game. Now that's over with, let's begin.

* Crew Sorting: The sorting system in the main crew roster in the manifest is long out-dated. Different players have different expectations about what they want from a crew. Currently the main sorts are Base, Profs and "Combined". Combined is currently very out-dated, using Base+Max Profs to give the result in that skill. Whilst this is fine when looking at missions, most advanced players don't use that metric anymore and go with the voyage skill, which is Base+Average Rolls. Having that additional options would make things clearer for players who are not so sure about how the systems work and would involve less lookups on various databases and spreadsheets.
* On top of that, having the option to show Voyage/Base Pairs and Triplets would go a long way towards better understanding of the mechanics behind shuttles and voyages to the common player.
* The ability to search for Hidden Traits would help people accuratly find things like Originals, EV Suit Crew and even an accurate display of how many Worf's (with Duchamps not being included in that metric)
* Searching for crew in Arena/Mission screens and Gauntlet. This is a major pain point for people assigning crew to ships is that the sorting algorithm there is utter confusion. For those of us who like to setup bridge crews, it can take an absolute age trying to find the right person for the right seat. The same applies for Gauntlet, even though that does sort in a relatively coherant manner, being able to search for the crew to place would better improve player management.
* And Avatar Searching too...same reasons.
* Freezing Ships: The pain of sending voyages with the right AM bonus is having to swipe between 43 different ships before finally hitting the one you need. Putting ships into "Drydock" would allieviate this.
* Claim All In Daily Missions: If you are like me you try to get everything done in one swoop to easily tick through all the options and claim your campaign as easily as possible. The interface is painfully slow in claiming misisons so having a quick button to claim all eligable missions reduces that annoyance
* A Timer for Adwarps available, not on the main interface. Would be nice to know before I run a cadet mission or scan, whether I can adwarp it or not before I waste the ticket. Having a timer somewhere in the info menu could help coodinate players better to get those bonuses
* Fix the Voyage Bug...pretty please, I know you have been trying. But it still disuades people from using those tokens as often.
* Notifications Upgrade: Some players who use notifications would appreciate the option to enable extra alerts for Gauntlet Refreshes or Fleet Boss Battle Valor, or even if your Quantum ticks past 900. Give us the option to ask what we want to be notified for please rather than all or nothing.
* Reroll Option for All Frozen Beholds: This is a very common ask, no doubt there would be an associated cost, but we deserve the option.
* Increase item storage: More game mechanics = more items. The 1000 cap combined with the additional FBB items means that people will still struggle to maintain a tight inventory without losing precious things like gold cites. Maybe also show which items are capped at the 32k maximum.
* Show on the Captain's Bridge the amount of Kemocite/Magnesite/Bilitrium we have. A quick glance will save a few taps and also better help with fleets working out who has what inventory.
* Fleet Improvements: A very requested item on most people's minds. Admirals need the option to change squad names without people having to leave or rejoin. Ability to move people and organise squads better and fix the notification bug on the claim menu. I'm sure people will have a lot to suggest for this topic.
* Chat: This is frankly an utter mess. UC is an unmoderated nightmare that serves no real purpose and only forces people to the Discords. Notifications should be enabled for direct messages so you can see messages out of game. Remove the weird time out you have for personal messages and give the ability for players to send messages in the mailbox to other players.
* Messy UI: Buttons are all over the place, too many menu's and various other fixes are needed here. The long list of currencies makes it hard to read the top of your screen sometimes once they enter five digits.
* Speaking of currencies, can we please add commas to the integers. No more 5000000000 or 5000k VP points. Give us 5,000,000 for a simple, basic readability solution.
* Dismiss Frozen for Beholds. Having to either dismiss crew one by one or go digging through your Dismissed Crew for that one you wanted to keep is a pain.
* Searchable/Sortable Dismiss Crew Page: For when you've opened 50 packs and you need to go in and find that copy of Tosk you really wanted to keep...is a pain.
* Ability to Log In on new devices without having to skip the tutorial. A simple "Already a player" prompt to take us to login would be appreciated on players who use multiple devices. Maybe even have an account switching option for players with alts.
* See FTM in Vault. Regardless on whether you own the character, a global database of player FTMs would also be appreciated as it's a source of player competition.
* Replay Previous Mission Story: Lot's of people skip the dialogue and a lot has not been recorded to the Wiki. As the storyline is an important part of the events structure it would be great to go back and be able to read those stories and interactions again.
* More Friends, Searchable Friends and Sort into Groups: The friends system is largely pointless unless you don't use the Discord system and struggle with the ingame chat. Make it useful by being able to extend the amount you can have and be able to put them in groups. Combined with the Chat options above this could help in-game retention of conversation.

I think that's all I've got. Please put your suggestions below for QOL fixes and improvements and I'll add it to the list. I sincerely believe that doing this would greatly increase the quality of the game not just for the players but WRG also. And it's something WRG should devote time to, before we get snowed in with more game mechanics and still suffer the same old problems.

Additions:

From Venimus
* "Open Again" for Free Pulls
* See how much Tickets are left for Cadet missions on the Warp/Travel scree
* Assign ship crew from the main screen without "attacking" a node
* Combine/Merge 10 single pulls into a 10x-pull

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Supurrb meowtstanding compilation of QOLity ideas there! :)

For the item caps (32767) it's especially still Magnusite that is dangerously close to hit the cap when you're low on another resource and purrgress is stalling. In my case, I am always short of Billy 3, but my Magnusite is hitting the 30k range tomorrow or a day after.

Wouldn't it be possible to increase the cap OR to just make a new stack of the same purrency or item (in this case Magnusite) with the same cap (which would cost a new item slot of the 1000 we have, but still better than just not getting anything above the cap at all).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice summary. I doubt anything on there is high priority though... If I were to vote for one feature, it would be the chat. It's more necessary to fix now than ever what with FBB.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still giggle when "Azzie" (short for Azetbur or Azetpurr) is getting sensored. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Very nice summary. I doubt anything on there is high priority though... If I were to vote for one feature, it would be the chat. It's more necessary to fix now than ever what with FBB.

I agree 100%.

But i doubt seriously that they will do anything other than the official unofficial suggestion to ise non-sanctioned third party tools.

Would be great if they took it seriously and completely revamped it though. Or just remove it entirely. Given its current state i would prefer it to be completely removed from the game if they are not going to address it.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    TP: "Nice list"
    Players: "Yes, thank you"
    TP: "Can anything on that list make money for us"
    Players "ummm....."
    TP: :|

The idea, hopefully, is that by generally improving the state of the game will keep people more invested. Fix the foundation before adding more stories to your building will make the structure hold up better.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed the tutorial a while back so that you can log in almost immediately.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed the tutorial a while back so that you can log in almost immediately.

I knew that, of course I knew that. I'm the king of knowing that. I knew the most about that. Totally, completely.
  • * Freezing Ships: The pain of sending voyages with the right AM bonus is having to swipe between 43 different ships before finally hitting the one you need. Putting ships into "Drydock" would allieviate this.
    Simply sort by AM would do (that would also work anywhere actually as it will put Maxed 5* upfront)

I will also like:
  • Many of your suggestions can be monetized in a fair and additive way.

Your Drydock idea is interesting, so long as it's balanced so that it's not overly restrictive for established players. Like crew quarters, it could cost Merits to use, and Dilithium to expand slots. It also supports the current efforts to promote and support FBB.

Inventory slots could be sold, similar to crew and ship slots. Perhaps in larger bundles like +50. This would be 100% upside to both WRG and players.

Certainly permitting dil to be spent for behold re-rolls could be balanced so that it doesn't undercut sales of citation+pack bundles. Having the first re-roll be balanced just below the cost of substitutes, and subsequent rerolls rising above that breakpoint would make it useful for All-Frozen situations, and tempting for low power-level rolls.

Your idea for sorting by base pair/triplet is great, and could be resolved without a large UI redesign by just letting the skill icons be toggles instead of radio buttons.

• First off a very complete and thorough list.
    Thank you and hopefully WRG takes these suggestions seriously.

As said in the previous post, many suggestions can be monetized, but even more importantly all of these QoL improvements will increase the longevity of the game and thus bring income to wrg.

Top priority for me would be:
    Voyage bug
    Reroll for all frozen beholds
    Chat

I would like to expand on Venimus ideas and suggest an "open all" for pulls, with an auto airlock option for certain rarity.
    However this might be towards the bottom of the priority list.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venimus wrote: »
    * Freezing Ships: The pain of sending voyages with the right AM bonus is having to swipe between 43 different ships before finally hitting the one you need. Putting ships into "Drydock" would allieviate this.
    Simply sort by AM would do (that would also work anywhere actually as it will put Maxed 5* upfront)

I will also like:

Yeah. No need to freeze Ships, then unfreeze when needed for a charge. Just sort the Ships by highest Anti-Matter. Highest Anti-Matter + Bonus would be nice, but just by highest Anti-Matter would still make it easier for us the find the best option.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I like all of these ideas.

I think an effective in-game tutorial for newer/less experienced players would be very helpful. They don’t know to come here or to a Discord and UC is often a nightmare.

Other items: Captain level 100/admiral level 1, a notification for when quantum hits 950 instead of 900, and higher immortalized achievements/collection tiers.

This is lower on the priority list for me, but I wouldn’t mind having an option to autorenew various subscription type purchases (e.g, monthly card, campaigns), if that’s even feasible.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two suggestions to add.

A fourth difficulty level for all existing episodes and distress calls (up to 36 chronitons purr single warp or attempt) which only actual top nudge crew can clear (including critical successes), and respectively top rewards for first completion and decent repeat rewards (for example no more 2* components beyond Episode 4 missions on the new highest difficulty setting or beyond 28-chroniton missions).

More VIP levels to acknowledge the efforts of the players who decided to spend more to help the game keep going. VIP 15 at 80k, VIP 16 at 120k, VIP 17 at 175k, VIP 18 at 250k, VIP 19 at 350k and VIP 20 at 500k VIPoints. Purrks at developurrs discretion, but at least two more replicator uses (VIP 17 and 20 one each), maybe faster regenerating chronitons and / or quantum, higher chroniton holding capacity (maybe 500 instead of 234 max), a lot more credits for 50 dilithium (like 500k credits), maybe free access to the premium track of the campaign at VIP 19 and free supremium track at VIP 20, etc. - The rewards especially for reaching VIP 20 would have to be Worf-while for sure.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    "Dismiss all" option on the voyage claim screen.

I second this, but in case anyone out there is unaware of it, I'll mention that it's possible to quickly go to the bottom of your crew quarters by dragging the scroller thumb. I mention this because it took me literally months before I realized. :D Makes going to the bottom and dismissing crew way easier compared to the swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe method...

z7ij9q2p92s1.jpg
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    How about adding a Starbase room to boost Cadet missions to 10..... give us something to spend all of the Starbase parts on instead of replicator rations.
  • It's a little thing, but this is a little things thread...

"Warp again" button after you run a Cadet mission.
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    - Option to auto recall a voyage at 35 AM or lower
    - Dismiss crew at voyage conclusion screen
    - Timer for next Ad warp
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about adding a Starbase room to boost Cadet missions to 10..... give us something to spend all of the Starbase parts on instead of replicator rations.

My thought was to have a room that would let you increase the chron cap to infinity, but I think I like your idea better.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Many of your suggestions can be monetized in a fair and additive way...

If they fix the chat, they charge $0.01 (other currencies where applicable) per text (sarcasm).

I would like the ability to lock in the crew on Cadet Challenges rather than select them each time. When winning a gauntlet only character, make it a Gauntlet Be-Gold like with purples and golds in packs. Cut the cost in half on Dabo and I bet people will spend more than twice than what they do now. Except for 1-2 exceptions, I have gone after the whole table during sales when I need a star on all 3 crew being offered. Award a somewhat meaningful prize when completing all missions and when completing all Cadet Challenges and allow people to replay them from scratch.

Also, ability to lock speeds in Gauntlet, Arena, and opening packs.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of your suggestions can be monetized in a fair and additive way...

If they fix the chat, they charge $0.01 (other currencies where applicable) per text (sarcasm).

I would like the ability to lock in the crew on Cadet Challenges rather than select them each time. When winning a gauntlet only character, make it a Gauntlet Be-Gold like with purples and golds in packs. Cut the cost in half on Dabo and I bet people will spend more than twice than what they do now. Except for 1-2 exceptions, I have gone after the whole table during sales when I need a star on all 3 crew being offered. Award a somewhat meaningful prize when completing all missions and when completing all Cadet Challenges and allow people to replay them from scratch.

I knew they were probably "cleaning us out" before an Honour Sale, but I had enough to clear the Wheel twice, so I did this day:

{From the Thread about the Dabo for Honour Event}

Did not have Rutherford and both the 4* crew needed Stars. Also, Decker's Uniform took him to 100.

Only reason I bit was whole top row was useful.

8ysp7t6s3na8.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    - more Story missions with better drop rates for hard-to-get items (common to super rare)
    - Let us build better items with low star ones (e.g. 2x 0* -> 1x 1*; 2x 1* -> 1x 2* and so on)
    - Fix the damn bugs
    - Don‘t offer me ship schematics at dabo, which are already maxed
    - Rework the reward of the ultimate campaign track, I expect only „ultimate“ rewards, no rations, trainers, starbase parts!!! Exchange them for valor/quantum/citations
  • I i would like tk hear from wrg on these items to find out if any are going to be implemented.

Backlog does not count.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a rework of the inventory so you could replicate items directly in the inventory (so you wouldn't have to keep crew in your roster just for replicating purrposes once you're done leveling all crew).
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Most of my suggestions are to reduce repetitive motion injury and pain:

Slider for Trainers Instead of having to hold down the trainer button to increase trainers, just a slider.

Automatic Collection of Inbox Messages when they Expire: Saves click and people who want to take advantage of the ship changeover can still let them sit for the rollover. Same for giveaways with expiration dates.

Autocollect completed dailies at the end of the day

Autocollect completed shuttles at the end of Faction Events Do we need that last button smash?

Use Next Pull Button for less clicks when collecting accumulated single pulls in the portal. Or even better, let us trade in 10 singles for a single 10x pull.

Remember Last Bonus Crew Used in Supply Missions so you don't have to keep selecting them each time you build an item. Ideally, even skip having to go into the item and let you autobuild the event Super-Rare with one click. Or, you know, get rid of Galaxy Events altogether....

Leave Ship Battle On Last Settings -AND/OR- Make the Auto On and Speed Toggle larger, more distinct and further apart.

Flip UI Interface The game controls are heavily weighted to the right hand side and I am experiencing repetitive motion pain my right thumb as a result. Allow for the UI to be flipped so we can use our left hands. Especially for Skirmishes and see above note on buttons being larger.

Autosort ships by Voyage Power Just put the damned best ships for the Voyage at the top of the order.... save us clicking.

Gameplay suggestions:

Refresh Cadet Mission Rewards quarterly or semi-annually Let the cadet mission unique rewards be refreshed so people can play through and get the rewards again each quarter, since you're making us defrost tons of crew for Boss Battles anyway.

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I would like to request a currency converter, where all of the various currencies can be exchanged for other ingame currencies.

Credits, dilithium, honor, chronitons, merits, ism, quantum, valor, cadet tickets, arena tickets, i mean come on its a bit silly having 11 in game currencies. Give us a way to convert currencies into other currencies (other than the standard use dilithium to buy it)

Please explore this idea. You might find that it afforda you the perfect platform to actually adjust the ingame economy and allow your staff to stop trying thes other silly ideas to balance it, like honor dabo merit dabo etc.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat and the suggested crew window covering covering the trait list is making me nuts. I've been making a table on my whiteboard to deal with it. Crew with greyed out traits being in the lists after they aren't viable is a pain.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*