Fleet Boss Offensive OE- Feedback thread

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in The Bridge
Satisfy a combo node?

9 valor if I read that correctly.

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Are the objectives supposed to be doubled up?
    It looks odd.

It also means people could fight over nodes, try other difficulties to clear them.

Some tactics might be needed.

y9wu0y4v0joo.jpg
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should not be doubled, no.
    Was it like that for you yesterday already?
    It's not doubled on my end.
    It's only just appeared on my event hub for next week. Two objectives, both repeated twice, giving a total of four objectives.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only just appeared on my event hub for next week. Two objectives, both repeated twice, giving a total of four objectives.

Did you leave your game running in the background?
    This event was announced yesterday, and it only contains 2 objectives.
    Try restarting?
    edited September 2022
    I restarted about an hour ago, and then took the screenshot. Restarted again just now and just get the two, no doubles.

0l9gfjqdo9ky.jpg
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boarding parties are all proud Klingon warriors happy to die in glory

(or mindless borg drones if you prefer that)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    The boarding parties are all proud Klingon warriors happy to die in glory

(or mindless borg drones if you prefer that)

Or Vikings.

VICTORY OR VALHALLA!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • This is the only OE I have not and will continue to not complete in it's current form. The requirement of dilithium spending ruins this event as it does the least to encourage engagement of any event released thus far. I think that tying completion of other game elements to reward valor would be more effective at keeping up midweek engagement.
  • I agree with the other posters who say dilithium spending requirement is very inappropriate for OE’s.

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we'd get, say, 2 Valor for the second node and more for the successive run objectives, it might work better.
    Start with 4 (4/30)
    Clear 2 Nodes. Gain 2 Valor, instead of 1. (6/30)
    48 Hours/3 to charge= 16 Valor (22/30)
    10 Runs +2 Valor [Instead of 1](24/30)
    15 Runs +3 Valor [Instead of 1] (27/30)
    20 Runs +4 Valor [Instead of 1] (31/30)
    30 Runs +5 Valor [Instead of 1] (36/30)
    The 4 Valor for completing it all would let you make 40 runs, instead of 16 in a two days period.
    That would make it doable without the dilithium, if you played it smart and timed it right, plus a little padding, but not much if you didn't get it perfect.
    Thoughts?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    There's one good thing about this event, and that's the free valor. It's been enough to let us defeat brutal a couple of times now!
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very happy to be corrected on this if I've miscalculated but it seems to me that it's almost impossible for everyone in an active fleet to finish this event, and we end up with another situation where a feature designed to get fleets working together has perverse incentives buried in it that cut across that goal.

You're absolutely right. Even on ultra-nightmare there's only 25 nodes available. Assuming 2 battles in 2 days, that means a maximum of 25 fleet members can claim that reward. And that's assuming that nobody solves more than 2, even by accident.

Fortunately the rewards are so bad the competition hasn't led to many problems so far.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    The 2 weeks with this event were like the ones without midweek events. Noone I know went the extra mile for these, and we just grabbed what came along without any extra effort. So it was similar to the newbie midweek events we had in the beginning where the requirements were minimal and the rewards were too. Fine with me, but quite clear that WRG cannot make any money with them.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Are people spending a lot of dilithium to complete the objectives of this event? I can't think of any other reason why they would keep scheduling it, when basically all the feedback about it has been intensely negative. I wonder once again why WRG even bothers to ask for feedback if they just take it and then do whatever they were gonna do anyway.

I almost got banned from this forum in a previous discussion where I made statements along similar lines, but I have no reason to be afraid of getting banned at this point, because all it will do is prevent me from leaving more feedback that they'll most likely just ignore anyway.
    edited October 2022
    Comment moderated. ~Shan
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill be honest, I don't spend anything for any midweek event. none of the rewards are worth enough to me to spend on. If I can do them its a nice bonus. If something goes poorly, oh well. next time..... They will never make money from me on a mid week event. For me its just additional engagement in game which is a good thing.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people spending a lot of dilithium to complete the objectives of this event? I can't think of any other reason why they would keep scheduling it, when basically all the feedback about it has been intensely negative. I wonder once again why WRG even bothers to ask for feedback if they just take it and then do whatever they were gonna do anyway.

I almost got banned from this forum in a previous discussion where I made statements along similar lines, but I have no reason to be afraid of getting banned at this point, because all it will do is prevent me from leaving more feedback that they'll most likely just ignore anyway.

I will reiterate, again, feedback is always appreciated but that does not mean it will warrant changes to the game.

Feedback on the forums give us some data, and we also get data from the game, that's how we assess things.

A reminder as well that Objective Events (outside of giveaways) are not meant to be : hey here's some free stuff.

You are free to participate or not, and also free to decide how much you want to engage in it when you do participate.
    Well, that is ironic.
  • As someone who spends dilithium on extra valor to help unlock nodes, and reach highest tier of damage threshold rewards, this oe is helpful in that it gives me discounted valor.

It does not make me spend more dilithium on valor.

I suspect that it might, in the short term, encourage extra valor purchases, but over time, and once fleets are able to communicate to their captains bia the extremely broken chat system, the merits of this deal will be debunked and there will be less participation.

If anything, it just highlights how desperately this game needs a chat/messaging/comms overhaul so that more experienced players can warn less experienced players about deals such as this.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand how a new player would have issues with this. I also understand that a few players keep spending chronitons regularly so that they keep an increase of chronitons always coming by never passing the cap. This allows for massive stores of common items and can be a good strategy. I don't do it since it involves keeping close tabs on which missions to run and how much inventory you have. It likely helps for galaxy events, but also doesn't allow for skirmish events. Most people, I think, save chronitons for when they need them. This is very hard for new players, but not once established.

So this event obviously isn't for everyone. But consider that the reward is basically one and a half gild crew of your choice. That is better than the reward for a regular event, for which I often spend the same amount of chronitons. Plus this lets you farm for galaxy events and level crew. I like it. I don't want it more than once a month or twice in three months, but I like it.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Are people spending a lot of dilithium to complete the objectives of this event? I can't think of any other reason why they would keep scheduling it, when basically all the feedback about it has been intensely negative. I wonder once again why WRG even bothers to ask for feedback if they just take it and then do whatever they were gonna do anyway.

I will reiterate, again, feedback is always appreciated but that does not mean it will warrant changes to the game.

Feedback on the forums give us some data, and we also get data from the game, that's how we assess things.

A reminder as well that Objective Events (outside of giveaways) are not meant to be : hey here's some free stuff.

You are free to participate or not, and also free to decide how much you want to engage in it when you do participate.

Shan for whatever its worth, this objective event, for me at least, is definitely “hey here’s some free stuff” it does not increase my spending on valor. Nor does it increase spending for any others in my fleet.

And for the people i encounter who think this OE is a good incentive to buy valor, i am clearing that misconception up for them.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand how a new player would have issues with this. I also understand that a few players keep spending chronitons regularly so that they keep an increase of chronitons always coming by never passing the cap. This allows for massive stores of common items and can be a good strategy. I don't do it since it involves keeping close tabs on which missions to run and how much inventory you have. It likely helps for galaxy events, but also doesn't allow for skirmish events. Most people, I think, save chronitons for when they need them. This is very hard for new players, but not once established.

So this event obviously isn't for everyone. But consider that the reward is basically one and a half gild crew of your choice. That is better than the reward for a regular event, for which I often spend the same amount of chronitons. Plus this lets you farm for galaxy events and level crew. I like it. I don't want it more than once a month or twice in three months, but I like it.
    I think you've got your events mixed up. This discussion isn't about this week's "spend chrons to get quantum" event, which is awesome for those who can afford the chrons. This is for next week's "spend dilithium on valor to get some more valor that you probably don't need" event.