Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Skirmish/Galaxy Event Notes: Straight on Til Morning - 2023-03-16

edited March 2023 in The Bridge
Greeting, captains!
We've got a new Skirmish/Galaxy event coming up next week: "Straight on Til Morning."
Check out the announcement for more details: https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20142/skirmish-galaxy-event-notes-straight-on-til-morning-2023-03-16

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    lq309bbeaz4v.png

Captain Angel was an interesting character and has great stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    lq309bbeaz4v.png

Captain Angel was an interesting character and has great stats.

I would not be surprised if they are a recurring character.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • RoykirkRoykirk ✭✭✭
    I don't see a listing for Community Rewards. Are there none during this event? That would be unusual.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?!'" - Chris Knight

Moderator of r/startrektimelines
    Fleet - Inner Planets Alliance Fleet of Pubs
    Captain Level - 99
    Player since - May 2016
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roykirk wrote: »
    I don't see a listing for Community Rewards. Are there none during this event? That would be unusual.

Community rewards only appear in their half of a hybrid. The event screen shows the phase one skirmish. It's the same for faction/galaxy hybrids. The rewards will show up when we hit phase 2
  • Yea. The refusal to run a straight skirmish for going on three months now seems suspicious. As a relatively recent arrival to this game, skirmishes were the only way to level up my crew fast enough to keep up. Its an event where, if you compete hard, you can stay relevant and for a long time it was the only event I could secure golds in. It is... unfortunate that we are having this endless stream of galaxy events. It takes a lot of the fun out for me.

Side-bar and a smaller issue I'm sure but can we unpin some of the old events in this forum? Its starting to get very cluttered at the top of the feed.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiki shows the first run of this event had community rewards.
    Side-bar and a smaller issue I'm sure but can we unpin some of the old events in this forum? Its starting to get very cluttered at the top of the feed.

Yes, this as well.

• This event is not new. It is a rerun. Please do not intentionally mislead people.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't remember the first run of this one, but it is from Nov 2018. Forgot we had a skirmish hybrid that far back.

In the announcement, "Michael Burnham" is featured crew. It should be Prospect Michael Burnham. (If there were only 1 Burnham card, leaving off Prospect would be ok, but, um, that's not really the situation, is it?) ;)
  • I didn't remember the first run of this one, but it is from Nov 2018. Forgot we had a skirmish hybrid that far back.

In the announcement, "Michael Burnham" is featured crew. It should be Prospect Michael Burnham. (If there were only 1 Burnham card, leaving off Prospect would be ok, but, um, that's not really the situation, is it?) ;)

Yes, you're right. The announcement has already been updated.
  • A1llas wrote: »
    I happen to like skirmish events.

The reason why should be obvious to anyone thinking about it.
    1. It is the only event type where you can level crew while using the same chronitrons to gather (indirectly) points in the event.
    2. On top of that you get extra goodies on top of the threshold rewards. Not allways but often enough to make it very worthwhile. (Free chronitrons, free honor, free federation credits)

So I imagine skirmish events being a fan favourate, as I cannot imagine that I"m the only one figuring this out.

So why was the last skirmish event on 8 december last year?

Since then we've only had hybrid events, where the skirmish is only the first part.
    I don't like these events since you have to do everything in the first 2 days, which happen to be working days for me. I know i can get event points in the second part as well but both the advantages, see above, no longer aply. So if I want those extra's, you better believe I want them, I have to cram a lot of effort in very little time Possible but very annoying.

Because of all this I would very much appreciate it is skirmish events made a comeback.

I also don't really appriciate reruns, again a trait I think I have in common with most players.

Hey there! I'm reading all your comments about wanting more pure skirmish events and I'm gonna make sure the team hears your suggestion loud and clear. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
  • tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I didn't remember the first run of this one, but it is from Nov 2018. Forgot we had a skirmish hybrid that far back.

Yes, you're right. The announcement has already been updated.

would also be nice to fix this:

- small bonus: variants of Odo, Spock, Michael Burnham and Scott

i doubt every Burnham will have a bonus
  • This event is not new. It is a rerun. Please do not intentionally mislead people.

I had a feeling this was a rerun when I looked at the event rewards and there isn't anything I actually need. However, accusing them of intentionally misleading people, when it could've been a simple mistake, is rude.
    ElemWiz wrote: »
    This event is not new. It is a rerun. Please do not intentionally mislead people.

I had a feeling this was a rerun when I looked at the event rewards and there isn't anything I actually need. However, accusing them of intentionally misleading people, when it could've been a simple mistake, is rude.

Well, the other option upsets them whenever it gets mentioned.
    edited March 2023
    Forget that the event started an hour early.
    I seem to have started off with about 400 intel on both accounts, but about 50 more on my main account.

Did we get the intel left over from last skirmish?

I had enough to get to the 200 Intel run before I had to start Immortalizing Crew. Which is pretty standard for me.

But, I don't think I had a lot of leftover the last Skirmish.

• Are we fighting next week's ship again? (On Normal and Epic, not Elite.)
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else have problems with portal pull in rewards? It shows as claimed but I do not have the pull in portal. Tried restarting the game, but nothing changed...
    3kdgfpe60ble.jpg
    krm5svif2n3f.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
    40 hours into part 2, and we are 730M/1000M for the community rewards.

I realise that this is a repeat, and that with a skirmish first part, those aiming to place will have done most of their work, but this is very unusual.

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting exciting!

6zs1rvkodefd.jpg
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    based on, at 42 hrs the VP just passed 756M, thats a run rate of 18M per hr, yeilding 108M in the next 6 hrs.

the projected shortfall is 137M, which assuming an average of 4000VP per turn-in requires 34K turn-ins.

Assuming top 100 payers are all holding some turn-in's till the last hr, and assuming they all have an average of 250 turn-in's each - that would yeild 100M.

Will be very tight - but should get done......

Players have voted with their fingers.....Yes to the Skirmish.....BIG FAT NO to the Galaxy.

I can only remeber 1 time in the last 4+yrs the galaxy reward was not hit......it ws that really wierd reward structure they had for an event and then we all ended up getting the pull somehow

edited: 1h 20m to go. 1.5M per minute VP needed - not looking good
    based on, at 42 hrs the VP just passed 756M, thats a run rate of 18M per hr, yeilding 108M in the next 6 hrs.

the projected shortfall is 137M, which assuming an average of 4000VP per turn-in requires 34K turn-ins.

Assuming top 100 payers are all holding some turn-in's till the last hr, and assuming they all have an average of 250 turn-in's each - that would yeild 100M.

Will be very tight - but should get done......

Players have voted with their fingers.....Yes to the Skirmish.....BIG FAT NO to the Galaxy.

I can only remeber 1 time in the last 4+yrs the galaxy reward was not hit......it ws that really wierd reward structure they had for an event and then we all ended up getting the pull somehow

That event was one of the Convergence day events, two years ago.
    https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/17344/convergence-day-event-community-rewards

Five hours to go we are at 772.3 M, and the rate is hardly changing.

I think the top two players have hardly gained any points since the start of the galaxy phase, my guess is that there won't be many players doing a big hand in just before the end of the event.

• SimsSims ✭✭✭
    I guess they can only give us so many chron sapping events before we have had enough.

• At 800k now and only 3.5 hours to go. Even with the unknown amount of rares still to be turned in, the community prem pack is looking more unlikely with every passing minute.

Haven't checked exactly but estimate there have only been 3 weeks in the last quarter that haven't been at least half galaxy. This is what happens they squeeze the life out of a game feature - "optimization" they might call it. I hope WRG are taking note.
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    I always try to hit threshold in the faction/skirmish part and skip the galaxy part altogether.
    Full galaxies are tiresome as they are, I don‘t need the most boring and resource wasting event as part of a hybrid
  • Hi! I'm reading all your comments and passing them to the team. I'll update you on that matter as soon as I can.
  • Now 870M with 90 minutes to go so we need just shy of 1.5M/minute average to make it.
  • Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I withdraw my earlier comment....there is so little movement in the top 50 and with those of us outside the US, we get 1 less hr..... do not think we can 1.5M per minute to get the community pull
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    40 hours into part 2, and we are 730M/1000M for the community rewards.

I realise that this is a repeat, and that with a skirmish first part, those aiming to place will have done most of their work, but this is very unusual.
    Not really. Maybe it would be different, if that threshold legendary crew would have been part of the community rewards. Even if there was a brand-new legendary instead, nearly everyone had gotten it in the skirmish phase, since skirmish isn't so tiresome.

So the problem is solely the Galaxy phase. The same goes with Faction mixed with Galaxy. I'm always getting the needed points in the non-galaxy phase, unless I'm in for the rankings. I always avoid Galaxy phases whenever possible!

This plus a slow decline in player numbers (which is a very naturally thing over time in all games when they're getting older) made it foreseeable. And it is only a matter of time, when this happens to a full Galaxy event.

The only possibility to slow this progress down would be a rework of the community rewards. A premium pull alone isn't so enticing anymore for veteran players having a big pile of fully-fused legendaries.

My suggestion for a rework of the community rewards would be:
    - 250M first super rare crew
    - 500M second super rare crew
    - 750M one 10× pack event crew
    - 1B one of the legendary winnable in the rankings

This would guarantee a higher community motivation even in Hybrid events.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbohd2st2keq.jpg