Home The Bridge

Bajoran Lightship

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I see the ship. How do we know the stats? And at that price, how much for a full ship? And more important: will it ever come into the regular pool?

Comments

• Stats are viewable in the shipyard, but I echo the rest of the questions. Any reason that its slightly cheaper than the last 5 star ship the bortas?
  • Hey there! It costs 20.000 honors and stats are in the shipyard, as @Admiral Freddie Mercury said. For last question, as usual, is honor hall exclusive.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there! It costs 20.000 honors and stats are in the shipyard, as @Admiral Freddie Mercury said. For last question, as usual, is honor hall exclusive.

Hi!
    The question wasn't how much to buy it for once. The question was how much honor would it cost to buy it enough times to max it out to 10/10.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    4 purchases to build the ship at 600 schematics.
    47 purchases to get enough to level 10 (this is a rough estimate of just dividing all the rank requirements by 150 and rounding up; since all levels aren't easily divisible by 150, it may be a few less).
    Total: 51 x 20,000 = 1,020,000 Honor

***Please feel free to correct my math...but politely.***
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ip1zd99kbohk.jpg
    qgisdpfxw3am.jpg
    ky60ulc95u14.jpg
    It has attack speed and cool down and hull repair. Nice features. I have no idea how the completed unit would be as far as hull total when built up. Would it be a contender for the Artifact spot of supremacy? And at what cost?

Everybody was expecting the Bortas to be a beast. It turned out it wasnt. I am expecting the same for this
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    47 purchases to get enough to level 10 (this is a rough estimate of just dividing all the rank requirements by 150 and rounding up; since all levels aren't easily divisible by 150, it may be a few less).

Thank you. 1 million. That will never happen. Sorry. I would be tempted at half that. I would certainly do it at a quarter of the price. If it is a good ship. That is 25 gold beholds and citations with an honor sale. I hope they realize that we are not stupid. A few whales will buy it and good for them. But how is a million honor any kind of a deal? I imagine a whole bunch of people will buy it a few times and then immediately regret it when they realize the cost to complete. This will just make people mad at the company. Apparently they like people mad at the company, or they would publish the actual cost.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. 1 million. That will never happen. Sorry. I would be tempted at half that. I would certainly do it at a quarter of the price. If it is a good ship. That is 25 gold beholds and citations with an honor sale. I hope they realize that we are not stupid. A few whales will buy it and good for them. But how is a million honor any kind of a deal? I imagine a whole bunch of people will buy it a few times and then immediately regret it when they realize the cost to complete. This will just make people mad at the company. Apparently they like people mad at the company, or they would publish the actual cost.

Yep. It's the fundamental probablem with the entire ship schematic economy. It takes only 5 copies of a legendary to FF. But it takes 47 drops to FF a ship. Yet they're priced too similarly. Either the price needs to be reduced so you can get more purchases for the same honor/dil, or the schematic amounts need to increase so you need less drops to finish the ship.

Way more people would have artifact at 10 if you didn't need it to drop 47 times in a pack. And people would have spent more on that ship pack if the price to complete the artifact wasn't so sky high.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a R'ongovian lightship from Strange New Worlds. I wonder if they have both in production and they got mislabeled. Still very cool :)

ovheno3wc02h.png

Edit: apologies, if I'm going to be pedantic I should properly commit. It's a R'ongovian solar sailship.

Here is the memory alpha article with a picture of both ships. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Solar_sail

Since the R'ongovian ship is the larger ship, I'm going to assume that's what was intended for the honor hall. In that case I hope it's a simple process to rename the ship.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is a good ship.

"If it's a good ship"? You've never heard of the Bajoran Lightship? It's the ship that either flew the Emissary to Cardassia Prime or was in SNW for like 5 seconds.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Everybody was expecting the Bortas to be a beast. It turned out it wasnt. I am expecting the same for this
    Yup. My T'Ong cuts through it like butter. Maybe it's only good for battling on the active side. There may be a high gap between player and AI ability. But since I don't have that ship, I can't judge it. Or maybe players are battling with other ships, and thereafter exchange them with the Bortas for posing purpose only.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is a good ship.

"If it's a good ship"? You've never heard of the Bajoran Lightship? It's the ship that either flew the Emissary to Cardassia Prime or was in SNW for like 5 seconds.

And it made the Kessel run in under 12 parsects.

evqlwvva02nl.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    It seems pretty powerful. A level 1 ship beat my level 10 D'kora using the ability "Freeze load screen". Not so good during the midweek event...
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    It seems pretty powerful. A level 1 ship beat my level 10 D'kora using the ability "Freeze load screen". Not so good during the midweek event...

This happened to me too (android). I tried twice, the app hanged both times.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I just saw the in-game warning message... my guess is the ship is rebelling in the arena in response for us rebelling here in the forums, keeping in line with the species it should actually be named for. Note to Nancy... please respond to this thread and acknowledge the error with this ship, and ideally provide a timeline for its eventual correction!
  • Who is Karen?
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    Speaking as one of the people who built the Bortas all the way to rank 10, here is my feedback regarding Honor Hall ships: do not make us buy schematic bundles, just let us buy a full 10/10 ranked ship in one go. Set your price and let people make a more informed choice. In a game with this many "seasoned" players with dozens of fully ranked ships to choose from, new ships are only useful when fully ranked.

I disagree. I like the fact that it only costs 80k honor to say I have the ship. I'm not looking to finish it off.

However, similar to what you posted, I think going in sets of 150 is annoying when 51 sets is easily divided by 3.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    ip1zd99kbohk.jpg
    qgisdpfxw3am.jpg
    ky60ulc95u14.jpg
    It has attack speed and cool down and hull repair. Nice features. I have no idea how the completed unit would be as far as hull total when built up. Would it be a contender for the Artifact spot of supremacy? And at what cost?

I’ve found the Bortas isn’t effective when attacking on auto, but manually I almost never lose. I imagine the new ship, like with any ship, will have its pros and cons.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • 100% of the ships ahead of me in the arena 😵‍💫ubs98s78q4c1.png
  • SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I just saw the in-game warning message... my guess is the ship is rebelling in the arena in response for us rebelling here in the forums, keeping in line with the species it should actually be named for. Note to Nancy... please respond to this thread and acknowledge the error with this ship, and ideally provide a timeline for its eventual correction!

There was a response on a different thread.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% of the ships ahead of me in the arena 😵‍💫ubs98s78q4c1.png

I suspect some players decided the cost was worth it to maintain their position. I don't really have a personal issue since 1. I don't need the schematics and 2. This is temporary and they wasted a bunch of honor for a minor "advantage".
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    100% of the ships ahead of me in the arena 😵‍💫ubs98s78q4c1.png

I suspect some players decided the cost was worth it to maintain their position. I don't really have a personal issue since 1. I don't need the schematics and 2. This is temporary and they wasted a bunch of honor for a minor "advantage".

Part of me doesn’t care for the same reasons you state. Then, the other part of me thinks it’s a *tsk.tsk* move to knowingly use that advantage.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me there are two concerns:

One, there are already many ample distractions for honor purchases, this feels more like an additional burden, honor for the large part has been and for many players was about gaining citations or begolds so that they can benefit from more immortalised cards or freezing and freeing up slots.

Second will/could it be part of any future honor sales, I know I won't necessarily get an answer on this one it will be a wait and see but either way whether it does or doesn't would still frustrate players depending on those that have splurged and those who have waited patiently in vain hope.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO