Home The Bridge

Your Quality of Play Improvement Requests (a.k.a., this is annoying, go fix it)

Hi.

I'm back.

Title says it all.

What's on your STT is annoying list?

My first one?

Give us FBB skip.

I can only take about 5 seconds of watching a space sphincter ejaculating antiproton sputum on loop.

Which is to say, not even one time through.

Just let us skip battles and magically calculate the result.

I have like 10 other games that do that now.

Make it a VIP14 thing, I don't care, I'm like VIP20 anyways.

Also, why don't FBBs count as space battles anyways?

Another one?

Quick Build is buried under Build when it's available.

I'm not gonna replicate an item when it's quickbuildable, so just change Replicate to Quick Build when it's available and bury/leave the Replicate button under Build for the weirdos who keep toons around to replicate Burnham uniforms or something.

Another one?

Mark lacking components in builds so they're more easily found.

Only have 33 of 65 0* Databases?

Please show us that we need 34 more.

Make the numbers orange or something.

Otherwise, I have to math.

And everyone knows mathing is for loosers.

Got anymore?

I'm bored.

Comments

• weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Let cadets go to Warp 6! They've got to learn how to fly FTL eventually ...
  • I'd actually like to get MORE gold replicator rations from voyage dilemmas, and would appreciate if WRG would publicly commit to that.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    How about the suggested crew list for FBB only including crew with still available traits and not ones that have been used. The crew list covers the right side of the trait pool and the fifth node. The keyboard covers the trait pool entirely. I keep a white board just for FBB because of that. It is a nuisance.
    Plus, I have a ton of junior captains right now (think 10 at lvl 30 or less) that are still learning and they could use a little extra guidance. We've got them joining, attacking, trying the crew they have, but it would help.
    We need something to cope with this. You literally cannot see a single trait beyond the top known trait of the first four nodes. When you are down to one node, searching for crew with a certain trait the needs used again, and you have to keep opening and closing things to see the trait, you become very unhappy very quickly.
    ab343r9aiocf.png
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think it's well past time for requirements to create accounts and post be tightened. I'm tired of anonymous guest accounts being created by trolls and people getting around bans. Especially when they then make their profile private to hide how new they are.

Since Shan left no one at WRG seems interested in blocking the trolls.

Maybe we can just limit which forums they can post in. I've had to make a couple of throw a ways when I had tech problems.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your name in the forums should be changed to your user name in the game and linked to your ID number. Nothing stopping anyone to create dummy accounts in the game, but there would be a bit more control.
  • How about fixing all the **tsk tsk** that got broke by 9.2.0?
  • There's a rumor you can convert replicator rations to citations in the future, so I'm hoarding rations.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    There's a rumor you can convert replicator rations to citations in the future, so I'm hoarding rations.

x165 5* schematics and x1 1* schematic will replicate to gold ration.

But, I agree with @DavideBooks if they make it a predictable drop and not a random drop (though seems to come from a reset and 1st time you answer the dilemma , with no way of avoiding it) that would solve the problem.

We would then update the wiki to show which answer would yield the 5* ration.

Do not know what causes reset , at one time it was once a month, then it seemed once an update. It still could be on update.

Edit: Btw on the dilemmas that drop 4* crew ( I don't think voyage exclusive are included) always answer the next time you get the dilemma with a different answer you might get another 5* ration. I always answer the same way to avoid the chance of getting another 5* ration.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a rumor you can convert replicator rations to citations in the future, so I'm hoarding rations.
    This was an April Fool’s joke. It’s now May, so you need to update your material.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good theory, and might be right. I always answer the same way, but I still get rations at random times. 4 since the 5* crew came up. But there may have been updates in between. That is the most rational theory I have heard. It would explain why it happens and why it comes back. Thank you. They still need to be rid of it.
  • eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    Do agree with the replicator stuff, but I consider that more of a loot table issue.

Don't really think of it as a quality of play thing than a quality of gameplay issue.

Just thought of another one... STT used to be a "narratively driven game" or something like that, but who are we kidding?

Would be cool to have each event in the event archive have a synopsis of each event.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

x165 5* schematics and x1 1* schematic will replicate to gold ration.

But, I agree with @DavideBooks if they make it a predictable drop and not a random drop (though seems to come from a reset and 1st time you answer the dilemma , with no way of avoiding it) that would solve the problem.

We would then update the wiki to show which answer would yield the 5* ration.

Do not know what causes reset , at one time it was once a month, then it seemed once an update. It still could be on update.

Edit: Btw on the dilemmas that drop 4* crew ( I don't think voyage exclusive are included) always answer the next time you get the dilemma with a different answer you might get another 5* ration. I always answer the same way to avoid the chance of getting another 5* ration.

I just got another tonight from the same dilemma I've had before, not that long ago. So unless they update more often than I thought, it seems like it is something else. Which is really the point. This is unpredictable. Make it predictable.
    I just got another tonight from the same dilemma I've had before, not that long ago. So unless they update more often than I thought, it seems like it is something else. Which is really the point. This is unpredictable. Make it predictable.

Yeah, it really should be in the same loot as the honor, credits and chrons, not at dilemmas.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the game to remember that I don't ever want opening packs to be at 1 speed, instead of making me tap to speed it up Every. Damn. Time.
    Same thing with ship battles, both speed and auto.

Agreed. Remembering your selected crew in the Cadet Challenge along the same vein and the speed to open packs.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet too
    I would like the game to remember that I don't ever want opening packs to be at 1 speed, instead of making me tap to speed it up Every. Damn. Time.

Yes, absolutely. If it has to reset between reboots, that's fine too.
  • I wish we weren't shut out of chains in the Boss Battle when you fill a single node.
  • ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I agree on the packs and gauntlet, but I don't really want that to happen with ship battles. Often I'll start a ship battle on manual to make sure everything is set up right, then turn on Auto and turn up the speed when I'm done. Having to be sure to hit the speed button immediately when starting each battle would be a pain.

(It would be nice to have that as an option, but I understand most people don't like the game options screen to be too big.)
  • Mine is to do with device scaling -
    I recently swicthed from a 4.7" screen to 6.5" screen and can say that my game play experience is much worse as the scaling is horrible on the larger screen - eveything is so much bigger which makes it look squashed and requires so much more scrolling.

iphone 7 - 4.7" screen
    hau0b1l8rtg9.png
    4y7hcmanec76.png
    i3i03c6vjsg0.png

iphone Xs Max - 6.5" screen
    0xbzu32fpylu.png
    yoaglyfuxdzw.png
    c19hyjeu11yw.png