Home The Bridge

The arena ranked rewards (admiral) june

The ranked rewards for the admiral class is aparently the U.S.S. Bozeman.
This ship isn't in the game, seems to me they had planed a skirmish event where this ship would be introduced. Then they scrapped this event, for probably yet another galaxy event in any case a rerun but forgot that this means that the admiral arena rewards in june have no meaning.
It will be interesting to see how they're going to bend this right again.

Comments

• Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    What @imdwalrus said plus I would very much like to complete my Artifact since it’s been at 9/10 for months and months. I have no use for many of the legendary ships that I’ve completed (other than the off chance they’d be needed in a voyage to get the antimatter bonus) I’ve got so many of the others unfinished that there’s no possibility they’d all ever be completed at this point. It would be nice to introduce at least one or two other schematics in dabo.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw it doesn't need to be the Artifact.

What it needs to be is a Position ship with a cycle that precisely matches McCoy or Pres Archer. This ship will also have very good cooldown reduction and a lot of health. Yep, something that might compete with the Artifact.

Then I will compete extra hard for this ship, not get enough schematics anyways and then throw my phone across the room.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bozeman would be a great ship for June's theme of Temporal Agent. It might surprise us yet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They can make it the Artifact and make everyone happy.

Not everyone. I've had it maxed for years.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Enterprise J
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bozeman is just another Miranda-class ship so it seems to me it ought to be easy enough just to slap a different name and registry on the existing model. Being planned for a Skirmish that's been delayed makes sense, though, where the holdup is a likeness rights issue for a crew member rather than the ship. In any case, I can't say I'm all that enthusiastic about yet another 5* ship that'll languish at x/10 for years and just get in the way of finding the one I want.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    This week's event was a substitute for something that was cancelled due to an art approval issue, so it's always possible that this week could have been the skirmish that gave us the Bozeman.

That said, I'm not sure what the problem is with debuting a ship in arena. Sure, it's not something they've done before but it's not actually a problem. It's just different. I don't see why they'd have to change next month's rewards, even if it's not how they originally planned things. Personally I'm looking forward to it.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    This week's event was a substitute for something that was cancelled due to an art approval issue, so it's always possible that this week could have been the skirmish that gave us the Bozeman.

That said, I'm not sure what the problem is with debuting a ship in arena. Sure, it's not something they've done before but it's not actually a problem. It's just different. I don't see why they'd have to change next month's rewards, even if it's not how they originally planned things. Personally I'm looking forward to it.

The Roddenberry was given away in the portal and debuted in arena at roughly the same time, IIRC.
  • BeefywillowBeefywillow ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

The problem is that it's not in the game yet.
    They quetly changed the Bozemann blueprints for U.S.S. Glenn ones. Never announced anything, brilliantly communicated.
    Yep, I checked before playing Arena earlier. I'm starting my climb back up the ranks since the Bozeman is new and I need the Glenn yet. I play for dailies, but with a junk ship. Newer players need this month's yet and I let them have them. This month will be a lot more competitive.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Doesn't need to be in the game until June 1st.
  • General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    They quetly changed the Bozemann blueprints for U.S.S. Glenn ones. Never announced anything, brilliantly communicated.

They coudl have used Bounty or Borg Cube schematics, so let's be happy we're getting something useful.
    Avatrunei wrote: »
    Nope. June is still Bozeman, Glenn is July. I've just restarted my game for verification.

You're totally correct I messed up there.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Doesn't need to be in the game until June 1st.

I think technically no one could have enough schematics to try to build it until June 3rd (if you stay in the Top 1%, hoard today and tomorrow's rewards so that they magically turn into June ones when you claim them on the 1st and then do 3 more on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd then you get 5x120=600).
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community Given what you said in another thread about making sure you're tagged in, this is one that probably needs to be passed on to the team. If the Bozeman can't be put into the game imminently (eg if there's a hold up with its art assets) then the June arena rewards need switching out before the end of tomorrow.
    @STT Community Given what you said in another thread about making sure you're tagged in, this is one that probably needs to be passed on to the team. If the Bozeman can't be put into the game imminently (eg if there's a hold up with its art assets) then the June arena rewards need switching out before the end of tomorrow.

There should be a server update today (there normally is on Tuesdays) so I'd expect the Bozeman to go live as part of that.
  • @STT Community Given what you said in another thread about making sure you're tagged in, this is one that probably needs to be passed on to the team. If the Bozeman can't be put into the game imminently (eg if there's a hold up with its art assets) then the June arena rewards need switching out before the end of tomorrow.

Hey! Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll make sure to let the team know about it.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »

There should be a server update today (there normally is on Tuesdays) so I'd expect the Bozeman to go live as part of that.

Yes, that's correct. However, let me double-check this information just to be sure.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    They can make it the Artifact and make everyone happy.

For me The Artifact would be excellent. I need just over 800 schematics to complete, but I know many of my fleet need it.

The Artifact is my best ship for boss battles, and it is frustrating not having it maxed.
    The Roddenberry was given away in the portal and debuted in arena at roughly the same time, IIRC.

The Roddenberry was in the arena for three months. It could be maxed out in 91 days at 80 schematics a day.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    They should change schematics to generic ones, like trainers, but limited to it's corresponding class. A 1* ship schematic can only upgrade a 1* ship and so on.
    And I they can't get new ships into the game, than let us rerun older skirmishes, instead of boring galaxies every week.

It would be nice to have a way of getting specific schematics for the ships I need, but that solution would not work, as people would hoard generic schematics, then max a ship as soon as it's launched.

A shipyard shop would work, once schematics go in the portal, you could buy them from a shop. e.g. a selection that renews once a day, for tokens awarded from the arena. Older ships could cost less.

Alternatively we could sell unwanted schematics for tokens. This might reinvigorate the Dabo a little bit.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why this is an issue. Genuinely. I understand that some would like it in the game before it is a reward, but I don't see why it makes any difference.
    I'd like to be able to preview it, if I was more selective of what I went after. Since, I'm going for it either way, that doesn't matter, but I am curious.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why this is an issue. Genuinely. I understand that some would like it in the game before it is a reward, but I don't see why it makes any difference.

Personally I don't care if it's in the game first. But given TP's track record since the layoffs, I have zero faith that this was intended. I find it much more likely that they forgot to add the ship or forgot they listed it as a reward and we'd have bugs/crashes/problems the moment the reward goes live. So until TP acknowledges that the ship is missing and it will be added before the 1st, I view this as warning them about an impending bug that they are not aware of.
  • Bozeman's been replaced with Fed Fighter, for those that care.

@STT Community y'day you mentioned you wold check and get back to the forum regarding the Bozeman - not sure if you confirmed or denied that it existed / would be released / what went wrong?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No big deal. Wasn’t really expecting much from a new ship and I at least get to finally finish this ship for Voyage purposes.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals