Home The Bridge
Options

Faction Event again.... SHAN will we get an update about the bug ticket on the shuttles

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Shan,
Last faction event you said that you had no updates about the open faction event shuttle bug, even after a major overhaul of the shuttle mechanics/screens. I have 2 questions as always on behalf of the community, please answer both so we don't have to keep raising this every event:

1) Is there an official update regarding your investigation and actions?

2) If there is no update, do we still have a commitment from you to receive one, or has DB officially decided to reneg on that commitment?

Comments

• Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    fyi, if you want to flag Shan type @Shan
  • Options

I thought there was a post a bit back where it said that the @ function for the admins was disabled because they got flagged so much.....
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought there was a post a bit back where it said that the @ function for the admins was disabled because they got flagged so much.....

I saw that too.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have stated that @'ing them doesn't help anything — Shan reads everything on the forums anyway, and I'm sure it gets annoying when someone is just tagged relentlessly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    sooooo I guess DB is defaulting to ignoring this?
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I’ve read most of these threads as they’ve popped up and I’m concerned about the issue becoming confabulated/muddled.

It feels like the longer this is allowed to run unanswered, the more likely players watching will confuse the issue and what can be expected as a resolution.

I’d encourage people reading to try and refrain from speculation too much. A debate over what compensation is due, if at all and to what degree, is a SEPARATE TOPIC. Please let’s not forget, or dilute the magnitude of, the issue in favour of disagreements on how best to handle it. Repeating the significant work to see if the issue is fixed or not, should wait.

One step at a time - I think we are overdue an update from DB on their investigation before anything else.
  • Options
    I’ve read most of these threads as they’ve popped up and I’m concerned about the issue becoming confabulated/muddled.

I’d encourage people reading to try and refrain from speculation too much. A debate over what compensation is due, if at all and to what degree, is a SEPERATE TOPIC. Please let’s not forget the issue over disagreements on how best to handle it.

I completely agree and have tried to limit this solely to confirming that the issue has been addressed and things are working correctly now. I THINK they are, but i've had shuttles with minimal win % differences between calculating the 2 methods. I would REALLY like to know that I can trust the displayed percentages when it comes to selecting and staffing shuttles in the event.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭

What else is new?

Also, I assume we're talking about the AND bug? Last couple faction events it seemed to be fixed by all testing, informal as it was. Unless it's cropped back up since then which is entirely possible knowing our developers.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I’d encourage people reading to try and refrain from speculation too much. A debate over what compensation is due, if at all and to what degree, is a SEPERATE TOPIC. Please let’s not forget the issue over disagreements on how best to handle it.

I completely agree and have tried to limit this solely to confirming that the issue has been addressed and things are working correctly now. I THINK they are, but i've had shuttles with minimal win % differences between calculating the 2 methods. I would REALLY like to know that I can trust the displayed percentages when it comes to selecting and staffing shuttles in the event.

I concur. And while I think this issue may have been stealthily addressed, after TWO YEARS, I don't know or trust that the other similar related issues have been.

I do know that with no response on this, and stealth nerfs and buffs and patches, I do not trust DBs displayed numbers in general. When something so basic and so intrinsic can stay broken for so long, then IF fixed, is fixed in secret and without acknowledgement, I trust neither the management, nor the developer proficiency or competency.

Fwiw, the problem only dates back to the AND shuttle change, which was last fall. The problem was not around for two years.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. Please pick up your 10x Basic Shuttle Boosts as you exit the building. You'll need them...
  • Options
    Even on vacation I will search out these threads to add my voice to the number of players demanding a real and satisfactory answer. DB your silence is deafening.
    To those of you carrying on the posting of these threads, keep up the good fight.
  • Options
    I am glad the Mega Event begins with a Faction phase. I need to save up chronitons and let my dilitium card regenerate.
  • Options
    The Mega starts with a Galaxy Event?
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was starting with a full Galaxy event
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am glad the Mega Event begins with a Faction phase. I need to save up chronitons and let my dilitium card regenerate.

From the announcement post in Starfleet Communications:

“The schedule for this month-long Mega-Event is as follows:

"New Providers" - Galaxy Event
    Thursday, 08/02 - Monday, 08/06

"An Even Field" - Faction Event
    Thursday, 08/09 - Monday, 08/13

"Advance Directive" - Skirmish Event
    Thursday, 08/16 - Monday, 08/20

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit" - Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
    Thursday, 08/23 - Monday, 08/27”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10490/prepare-for-the-dominion-mega-event-the-hand-that-feeds#latest
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Back to the topic of the OP....

I honestly don’t know how the devs could not have fully investigated this issue by now and provided an answer to Shan either way. If a group of players can test it and provide valid statistics in the space of a couple of weeks, then I would think the devs could do it much, much faster.

I agree that the AND-slot bug seems to have been fixed. The lack of official response, though, coupled with the ongoing track record of one DBacle after another, has this “drop in the bucket” questioning entertainment spending choices with the company.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭

From the announcement post in Starfleet Communications:

“The schedule for this month-long Mega-Event is as follows:

"New Providers" - Galaxy Event
    Thursday, 08/02 - Monday, 08/06

"An Even Field" - Faction Event
    Thursday, 08/09 - Monday, 08/13

Thursday, 08/16 - Monday, 08/20

Profit
    Thursday, 08/23 - Monday, 08/27”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10490/prepare-for-the-dominion-mega-event-the-hand-that-feeds#latest
    🖖🏻

• Options
    They haven't even been competent enough to acknowledge that the bug exists in the first place.

What makes you think they're suddenly going to become competent enough to announce something was fixed that they never thought was broken?

Admitting bugs that they don't have to hurts $$$$.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't even been competent enough to acknowledge that the bug exists in the first place.

What makes you think they're suddenly going to become competent enough to announce something was fixed that they never thought was broken?

Admitting bugs that they don't have to hurts $$$$.

Because every indication is that once presented with overwhelming evidence and exactly where to look, they did fix the bug. It's not an issue of competency, it's an issue of transparency. They had a bug outstanding for a year and denied that it existed. They were proven wrong and rather than admit their mistake they're pretending like nothing happened.
  • Options
    IMO, proper communication when faced with customer evidence is part of base competency, something DB tends to fail more often than not.
  • Options
    As a side note on evidence of a fix:

I had 3 shuttles where the order was effectively irrelevant, but I did have 1 shuttle where the order mattered a lot:
    - Highest + 25% Lowest = 92%
    - First + 25% second = 79%

I ran this shuttle 21 times and passed 20 times. The n isn't high enough to be definitive, but it is pretty suggestive (value of 0.04).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to hazard a guess, they can't announce (or acknowledge) the bug or fix because they would be grounds for people to ask Apple/Google for refunds for all money spent during faction (or hybrid with faction) events with the "evidence" of the bug to back up the request. So, continuing to ask is really an exercise in futility because I'm sure they have been advised not to do so.

It has nothing to do with competency and everything to do with CYA.

I believe you are absolutely correct
  • Options
    BowdettBowdett ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    So this is NOT just an event issue.....I sent out 4 Federation shuttles AFTER the event...and now they are STUCK.......
    this has got to be addressed and ASAP!!!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowdett wrote: »
    So this is NOT just an event issue.....I sent out 4 Federation shuttles AFTER the event...and now they are STUCK.......
    this has got to be addressed and ASAP!!!

Stuck shuttles are a completely different issue than the display changes being different from the actual chances, which is the context of this thread.

(But that one is probably more frustrating)