Home The Bridge
Options

Faction Event again.... SHAN will we get an update about the bug ticket on the shuttles

Comments

• Options
    So, we have another Faction event coming next week, which will likely be highly-competitive...

Time to start beating the drum again for an Official Statment.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll give it till the frenzy about the event dies down
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I remember this being a hot topic last year I think. I vaguely remember some players took their own small sample size. Since then though, bugged, fixed, somewhere in the middle... who knows? I found the thread from awhile ago...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5097/edit-final-results-2nd-experiment-results-and-shuttles-are-absolutely-bugged/p1

Some announcement, any announcement, might quench the flames of a potential dumpster fire.

*beating drum and chanting*
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I remember this being a hot topic last year I think. I vaguely remember some players took their own small sample size. Since then though, bugged, fixed, somewhere in the middle... who knows? I found the thread from awhile ago...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5097/edit-final-results-2nd-experiment-results-and-shuttles-are-absolutely-bugged/p1

Some announcement, any announcement, might quench the flames of a potential dumpster fire.

*beating drum and chanting*

Well yes, that was the thread and data I pulled together, that’s why I keep asking for a response.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the AND issue was explicitly brought to light, I have nearly eliminated the discrepancy between predicted (displayed) percentages and actual outcomes by paying attention to the first/second skill order (per the player-suggested solution). Like everyone else, I used to consistently get 15-20% worse outcomes than the display. Now my range is typically within 5% of the prediction, which is perfectly reasonable for the sample size in an event (~100 post-kickstart shuttles).

Until I read something that convinces me that the formula has been corrected (to high-low, not first-second), I will continue to follow the skill-order-matters guidance.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Since the AND issue was explicitly brought to light, I have nearly eliminated the discrepancy between predicted (displayed) percentages and actual outcomes by paying attention to the first/second skill order (per the player-suggested solution). Like everyone else, I used to consistently get 15-20% worse outcomes than the display. Now my range is typically within 5% of the prediction, which is perfectly reasonable for the sample size in an event (~100 post-kickstart shuttles).

Until I read something that convinces me that the formula has been corrected (to high-low, not first-second), I will continue to follow the skill-order-matters guidance.

+1. Exactly this. To be honest, the bug does not bother me as much (any more) as the lack of response from “the team”, which is what I presume @Shan is awaiting. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Throwing in my 2 cents again on this. I would really like to know if I can change the calculations on my spreadsheet to reflect high-low or keep it the way it is. It calculates first+(second/4) and second+(first/4) for the reverse. I know there have been many times that I didn't use a card because the skills were reversed, but if it was high-low I would have. I really feel i'm getting cheated at this point.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they have to be seeing these posts. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that DB is purposely ignoring them.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is. And their continued attempt to ignore the issue is unacceptable. Which is why this thread needs to remain active until they acknowledge it.
  • Options
    Commander TuckerCommander Tucker ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As someone who has been discouraged from delving into the issue by the muddiness surrounding it, what is the AND problem exactly? I seem to recall at one point you didn't actually need both skills, but I don't want to further confuse anyone with my own half-memories.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has been discouraged from delving into the issue by the muddiness surrounding it, what is the AND problem exactly? I seem to recall at one point you didn't actually need both skills, but I don't want to further confuse anyone with my own half-memories.

All covered in the first post of this thread...
  • Options
    I have a feeling that there are AND issues on galaxy events too. Last galaxy event was a nightmare.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that there are AND issues on galaxy events too. Last galaxy event was a nightmare.

AND is apparently meant to be calculated differently in galaxy events for some reason. I recall seeing that it is supposed to be the average of the 2 stats.
  • Options
    Peachtree, so say we all
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Shan,
    Last faction event you said that you had no updates about the open faction event shuttle bug, even after a major overhaul of the shuttle mechanics/screens. I have 2 questions as always on behalf of the community, please answer both so we don't have to keep raising this every event:

1) Is there an official update regarding your investigation and actions?

2) If there is no update, do we still have a commitment from you to receive one, or has DB officially decided to reneg on that commitment?

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly this + no portal update = decrease in my spending.
    Passed up everything other than the DYC for the mega this month, and that was just so I could give my squad a boost on the faction side.
    May start passing those up next.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very disappointed that this is dragging on (way) beyond what anyone would consider a reasonable amount of time.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What leads me to believe there’s truth to it is usually they get on here and say something about not feeding into speculation or continuing to perpetuate rumors or falsehoods. I’ve seen none of that in regards to this issue
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that and changing strategy leading to much more successes
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid event with a faction portion. Will we ever get an answer? DB, we will not let this drop.
  • Options
    Uuuugghhhhhh

*crickets*
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe their official response is a complete refusal to acknowledge or give official response.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DealWithItJazzRiker any comment? We know you're on the board, we know you see this. Your silence is deafening.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    @DealWithItJazzRiker any comment? We know you're on the board, we know you see this. Your silence is deafening.

The comment will be to close the thread, which would speak volumes.

• Options
    They cant compensate almost a year failures because of the difference of displayed success rate and real success rate.
    They better say nothing.
  • Options
    This event has tons of shuttle seats with reverse AND skill. Is it safe to send out higher second skill crew or not?