Home The Bridge

Chronitons

13»

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I don't understand the point of saving 100k+ chrons. They can't all be effectively spent in the span of an event.

What else are we going to do but save them. Once you level all your crew, you need to keep doing voyages for the honor so the chrons keep accumulating.

And I think you could use them all in an event. You can craft about 250 recipes per hour in a galaxy going for a event win. Once you’ve burned through inventory say the recipes are averaging 40 chrons off additional items you need to farm. 100k chrons would be only 10 hours or so of play.

I shudder to think of that amount of tapping lol.

You're right though. I recently ran out of crew to train, and my chrons only grow now. I've been staying around the 20k mark lately.

Do you guys not need to accumulate holoemitters anymore? I do the bare minimum of away missions to satisfy daily mission requirements and spend all of my other chrons on ship battles to pre-farm for Galaxy events (and crew leveling) and to accumulate holoemitters. Depending on voyage length and RNG, I usually have enough chrons to get 150ish holoemitters per day...it would be much, much less if I only cleared the daily ship battle missions and hoarded chrons after that.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the point of saving 100k+ chrons. They can't all be effectively spent in the span of an event.

What else are we going to do but save them. Once you level all your crew, you need to keep doing voyages for the honor so the chrons keep accumulating.

And I think you could use them all in an event. You can craft about 250 recipes per hour in a galaxy going for a event win. Once you’ve burned through inventory say the recipes are averaging 40 chrons off additional items you need to farm. 100k chrons would be only 10 hours or so of play.

You're right though. I recently ran out of crew to train, and my chrons only grow now. I've been staying around the 20k mark lately.

Do you guys not need to accumulate holoemitters anymore? I do the bare minimum of away missions to satisfy daily mission requirements and spend all of my other chrons on ship battles to pre-farm for Galaxy events (and crew leveling) and to accumulate holoemitters. Depending on voyage length and RNG, I usually have enough chrons to get 150ish holoemitters per day...it would be much, much less if I only cleared the daily ship battle missions and hoarded chrons after that.

I do my minimum 20 ship battles for dailies, but most of my holoemitters come from farming done during skirmishes when you get the chron rebate.

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I do all my holoemitter grinding during galaxies and skirmishes.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...I do fairly well in Skirmish events, I think in the top 1500 each time (including the hybrid a little while back), and have racked up a few day’s worth of maxed out donations...but that’s it. Even if I metered it out (keeping to 150ish a day) it wouldn’t last until the next Skirmish. It sounds like an approach that works best for those who regularly place inside the top 1000 but maybe not so for other players.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I dont hoard chrons, I spend them all on pre farming galaxy items and what not... For every skirmish event I save them for couple of days so I have something like 2-3k when the event starts which seems to be plenty enough for top1k finish.

Every day you're over your max limit you lose 240 chrons, thats 7k in a month. Enough for a pretty decent galaxy event run. Suppose it doesnt matter if you got 100k+ already but still.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • kapu wrote: »
    I dont hoard chrons, I spend them all on pre farming galaxy items and what not... For every skirmish event I save them for couple of days so I have something like 2-3k when the event starts which seems to be plenty enough for top1k finish.

Every day you're over your max limit you lose 240 chrons, thats 7k in a month. Enough for a pretty decent galaxy event run. Suppose it doesnt matter if you got 100k+ already but still.

if you hoard chrons and use them all with a supply boost, that's effectively giving you 20-25% more chrons than you hoarded (depending on how many of the missions run are multiples of 4 chron cost). I'm not sure exactly how the math works out, but I think it's a fairly close call which is more beneficial (the daily 240 chrons and voyage chrons without supply boost, vs all voyage chrons supply boosted during events).
  • I have never been able to understand why so many people have elected to stockpile chrons like this at the expense of losing chrons acquired over time. Those who have all of their crew FE and don’t pre-farm Galaxy events...fine. Anyone else is giving up 240 chrons per day, or over 86,000 chrons per year. Although Voyages have made them easy to acquire in vast quantities, you can do a lot of stuff with 86,000 extra chrons.

ur right we lose 86k chronitron is more 1 year in hafth i dont receive chronitron because me chronitron is higher 196 but if u wana win this 86 k chronitron because ur need to be under 200 chronitron ur going to be realy hardcore to imposible to win something in event.or lvl up crew the chronitron u receive each minute is only good for to 3 at 6 month afther and that is totaly useless and normaly i try to be around 18k in chronitron in this event i spend around 6k but lvl up to 100 the EMA and the Mobile Doctor and make 402 k in the event for win bones but this event be good for me is give me 4 Legendary EMA. Mobil Doctor and with me free pack i got Bride Jadzia Dax , and Loborer Spock but normaly i spend around 2 or 3 k of chronitron for each event , this game is based on event if u dont stock pile ur chronitron for the event is going to take alot of more time to be good in event or be abale to win 130k to have all the crew 4* and if galaxy FF
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my max was circa 38k, but I tend to hover closer to 20k. (It seems it's around that point that they run a Galaxy Event that actually interests me!) The key is staying caught up on crew. And the key to that, of course, is taking a ruthless approach to crew management--at least for awhile. Now that I'm caught up and can stay that way, I can afford to keep some of those 1/4's I used to throw away and wait for their additional stars to come my way. Patience has paid off every step of the way in this game for me so far.
  • bk5rfwbjiuf2.jpeg

My latest chroniton count. It will be drained by the current event but.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I think my max was circa 38k, but I tend to hover closer to 20k. (It seems it's around that point that they run a Galaxy Event that actually interests me!) The key is staying caught up on crew. And the key to that, of course, is taking a ruthless approach to crew management--at least for awhile. Now that I'm caught up and can stay that way, I can afford to keep some of those 1/4's I used to throw away and wait for their additional stars to come my way. Patience has paid off every step of the way in this game for me so far.

Those two words — ruthlessness and patience — have not only saved me a great deal of consternation, but helped me reach certain goals much faster than I otherwise would have.

Beginning of 2018, I started dumping crew who I didn't particularly care about, with the goal of getting all the crew who I did like to a FE status. I achieved that goal several months into the year. After that — and knowing that I had (give or take) a few dozen empty slots — I created a new goal of re-acquiring some of those crew that I'd previously airlocked, and working on them bit by bit (which also helped me with my dailies).

I still have about a dozen SR crew sitting at level 2, in various stages of fusion, whom I tend to work on one at a time — and usually just one deca-level a day, since I'm not in any particular hurry. Even with that, I have 23 empty slots (of 225 total), and have only come close to maxing out when there's a mega event with a lot of bonus crew who I've unthawed for the month.

But I'm also not of the "gotta collect 'em all!" mindset, so while this approach works very well for me, it may not be ideal for someone who desires every crew variant in the game. I've also been playing long enough that my roster is quite strong, and so I don't feel any need to get a newly-released crew solely because they have excellent stats. Nowadays, I collect based pretty much entirely on 2 factors: how much do I like the character (or variant of a character), and how much do I like the artwork. Oftentimes, I will end up freezing a new crew member I love (and will usually know from the outset that I'll be freezing them as soon as I acquire them and get them FF/FE), but will still be totally psyched to add them to my roster nonetheless.

So, I got a little off-topic here, but to bring it back around... how this relates to the OP (from August! — we do love digging up ancient threads here recently, eh?), is that I am never chron-poor any more, but I also don't tend to have a whole slew of them sitting around, either. Most days I am probably in the 5000 to 8000 range, but if I were more judicious about doing pre-farming, that number might be significantly lower.

Thus, between the Galaxy (and general) pre-farming I do do (heh), and leveling newly-acquired crew from events and such, I spend generally the same amount that I take in each week.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    By playing a minimum number of missions to achieve all the daily requirements, while making good use of ad-warp, it's pretty easy to average around at least 1k chrons a day once you're able to complete 8-hour voyages. I've never been above more than 7-8,000, but it would be easy to stockpile vast amounts relatively quickly, if that was your goal.

If u consider this, in addition to purchase offers. 1250 chrons during galaxy/ 1000-3000 in various purchase offers regularly. If someone is a spender and plays as stated above daily, then it wouldnt be that hard to bank chrons. Especially if u dont actually spend them all in chron eater galaxy. No cheating required.
  • The most I had was around 8k at one point. I only worry about them when I want to FE and freeze for space. Having 18 supply kits helps when I'm in the mood to do so, but Voyages are my main source. The monthly card makes it possible, and the only way I keep it going.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Webberoni wrote: »
    By playing a minimum number of missions to achieve all the daily requirements, while making good use of ad-warp, it's pretty easy to average around at least 1k chrons a day once you're able to complete 8-hour voyages. I've never been above more than 7-8,000, but it would be easy to stockpile vast amounts relatively quickly, if that was your goal.

If u consider this, in addition to purchase offers. 1250 chrons during galaxy/ 1000-3000 in various purchase offers regularly. If someone is a spender and plays as stated above daily, then it wouldnt be that hard to bank chrons. Especially if u dont actually spend them all in chron eater galaxy. No cheating required.

It's funny that you quoted me from way back when... how times have changed. Once I ran out of crew to level up (400+ FE/FF & another 100+ FE), my chron stockpile has grown substantially (hovering around 50k chrons, even after the recent galaxy/skirmish/hybrid events, including a top-50 finish in a galaxy event). It is nice to have enough chrons to allow you to invest in a galaxy/skirmish event, as well as power levelling new crew, without exhausting your entire reserve. It has taken me 2 years to get to this point!
  • GAWAGAWA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    kapu wrote: »

But..

when hording chron you tend to use a kit when farming for items in one big go, getting the 25% discount on all your spend - I'll bet you don't use a kit every day when you're spending chrons to prefarm. Overall it probably evens out that you get as much bang for your pound either way.
  • What is the most amount of chronitons does one player have? What is highest or lowest amount chronitons did you have?

Once I had 40,000 chronitons, the maximum I had, and people went crazy that I hacked and brought an account from someone else.

I see that people have more chronitons than me, but they don't get accused, so what gives. I see people having 30k to 40k chronitons on these forums.

So, what is the most amount of chronitons have had while playing this game?

What is the best way to get 40k chronitons? Is it through Chronitons boosts offered during the week or other offers? Does Starbase bonuses also boost chronitons?

I've never had over 7000. But I tend to use them on a constant basis. I'm always building crew and never stockpiling. So seeing people with 10's of thousands of Chronitons blows my mind. And I always have voyages running.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still working on crew - old crew, new crew, event crew, etc - and still managed to get up to 21.5K before I started on that last event, spent down to 16.5K to hit threshold, and am back over 18K.

You know, just to share and all.