Home The Bridge
Options

Which is the most desirable character you'd like to see added to the game? 🌌Images inside

Comments

• Options
    Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Here, from the end of August, is a screenshot I took of a player when the artwork changed from black silhouette to the Astrosciences Sulu that came out later that week.
    q0iw1wnqopcc.png

I am pretty good at airbrushing myself & that proves nothing.
    The wiki is only as up to date as the info users add to it.srrrribg3bse.jpeg

Well the wiki page is up to date & I have no silhouette of a
    “Mirror Sulu” in my vault.
    ituqd207yo6t.jpeg
    hqvu0qbae5fm.png

So until it’s announced in
    Starfleet Communications or on the Facebook page, I’ll not consider
    ‘Mirror Sulu’
    added to the game thank you very much!
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Options
    Amanda Rogers
    We've seen character name announcements which are changed after the crew launch in game (Fleet Commander Martok for example). Is it so hard to imagine that there was a temporary silhouette in the vault with a pre-launch crew member name later renamed to Astrosciences Sulu at the time of character release? These 2 occurrences were so close together, I thought that was a rather obvious explanation for this supposed big mystery. If anyone accidentally got the crew in dabo, I'd expect it to be renamed along with the crew release.
  • Options
    Female Q
    The Mirror Sulu crew did exist, I know at least one player who had him from a common Discord channel. Apparently, they gave him Mirror Sulu as a compensation, but it was a mistake. After some months, the character was taken away again and he was offered some other stuff, so now that version shouldn't exist anymore.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Amanda Rogers
    Here, from the end of August, is a screenshot I took of a player when the artwork changed from black silhouette to the Astrosciences Sulu that came out later that week.
    q0iw1wnqopcc.png

The wiki is only as up to date as the info users add to it.srrrribg3bse.jpeg

Well the wiki page is up to date & I have no silhouette of a
    “Mirror Sulu” in my vault.
    ituqd207yo6t.jpeg
    hqvu0qbae5fm.png

So until it’s announced in
    Starfleet Communications or on the Facebook page, I’ll not consider
    ‘Mirror Sulu’
    added to the game thank you very much!

There is no need to accuse people of photoshopping these screenshots.

There is clear precedent for crew being released early accidentally. Since you seem to treat the wiki and game communications as gospel, note the official Kilana release date as August 23, 2017. Yet anyone who owns Kilana can see the first to max date is June 12, 2017. Clearly the official release date from db is not accurate here.

6zgjga9kdvpy.jpeg
    ztn7augc7woy.jpeg

While it’s possible the crew has been taken back from all players since then (especially since one was released as a gold with similar artwork) don’t say you weren’t warned if he shows up officially in the game in a month or two and was already maxed 3 months before his release date.

• Options
    don’t say you weren’t warned if he shows up officially in the game in a month or two and was already maxed 3 months before his release date.

...and when that happens, I'll show up right here and take my well deserved apology from you sir. Your words wound me.

Until then, I'll continue to photoshop fake crew and show up in threads making wild claims as to confuse the masses.

Haha, i mean seriously, what would you have to gain by photoshopping? And i also remember a certain kolinhar spock and amanda grayson showing up about a month (maybe less, i dont remember the date perfectly) before the event pack featuring them went live. They then were removed by db (after i think a day of being in the cryo vault) but if they were visible then anybody couldve gotten them in their dabo (however no one did). Ill be back in an hour to go fabricate/photoshop the proof i need to prove myself (im totally being sarcastic here...just to make sure everyone knows and doesnt take my words as truth like the op did for the wiki, btw isnt the current wiki admin currently on the forums? So he or she can back up Franks claim that they have been trying to get the info on mirror sulu?)
  • Options
    q0iw1wnqopcc.png

And btw bro...you just admitted that its possible to (and that you are pretty good at) airbrush/fabricating a photo for you to use...a better option would've been to say 'anybody can photoshop that photo'... just sayin.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    And btw bro...you just admitted that its possible to (and that you are pretty good at) airbrush/fabricating a photo for you to use...a better option would've been to say 'anybody can photoshop that photo'... just sayin.

So what if I am good at airbrushing?
    I’m not condoning it or condemning it.

All I’m pointing out is the proof produced thus far to show that Mirror Sulu was added is easily fabricated.

Presides, whether or not he was added by accident & then removed is besides the point, he’s not available now or any news that he will be any time soon, hence him being included in purpose of this poll in the first place!

Oh & bro, when I said I was good at airbrushing, I could have easily been referring to my avatar & not confessing to mischief.
  • Options

So what if I am good at airbrushing?
    I’m not condoning it or condemning it.

All I’m pointing out is the proof produced thus far to show that Mirror Sulu was added is easily fabricated.

Presides, whether or not he was added by accident & then removed is besides the point, he’s not available now or any news that he will be any time soon, hence him being included in purpose of this poll in the first place!

Oh & bro, when I said I was good at airbrushing, I could have easily been referring to my avatar & not confessing to mischief.

"All I’m pointing out is the proof produced thus far to show that Mirror Sulu was added is easily fabricated." Better, and nice avatar by the way!
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    "All I’m pointing out is the proof produced thus far to show that Mirror Sulu was added is easily fabricated." Better, and nice avatar by the way!

Thanks, the hardest part was turning the goatee into a beard & the
    Terran Empire
    badge to a Federation one.
    lyaf2g9qzuu4.jpeg
  • Options

Thanks, the hardest part was turning the goatee into a beard & the
    Terran Empire
    badge to a Federation one.
    lyaf2g9qzuu4.jpeg

I didnt even notice the badge part!! Nice work!!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Some recent additions to the game call for some suggestion changes.
    6rggi9swcqn9.jpg
    dqxum65a8bc0.jpg
    bhcw3artos1g.jpg
    c6kfqrjnnsxy.jpg
    gcoja424i8kd.jpg
    3qjpx7os4y3c.jpg
    h9iqjc3a52ib.jpeg
    4un7gnwd07eh.jpeg
    vkrmf9yhe3iu.jpg
    2kg6er7i9qlr.jpeg
  • Options
    Yeoman Martha Landon, in honor of her late passing.

:'(
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Yeoman Martha Landon, in honor of her late passing.
    6e3weon7shq2.jpeg
    :'(

A very noble suggestion,
    you should post that in
    ‘Most Wanted Ships & Crew’.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/48/most-wanted-ships-and-crew#latest
  • Options
    DavidF95DavidF95 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Finnegan
    How about something different. The crystalline Entity. Though it might not fit IN a ship.

rx0deq79tcbu.jpg
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    DavidF95 wrote: »
    How about something different. The crystalline Entity. Though it might not fit IN a ship.
    rx0deq79tcbu.jpg

A suggestion for
    ‘Most Wanted Ships & Crew’
    Thread.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/48/most-wanted-ships-and-crew#latest
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Lummelunda wrote: »
    None of these are even in my top ten most desired characters. If you had included Number One, I would have been able to vote. :)

Personally I’d like to see the original
    Number One
    from TOS if only the 1 version of the character will be added but I can see DB holding out until season 2 of DIS airs and incorporate
    Rebecca Romijn’s
    Number One.
    Which I wouldn’t mind, just as long as
    Majel Barrett’s
    Number One is included also.
    q6hv8d6is2ux.jpeg
    lhyg2d8havbi.jpeg
  • Options
    Personally I’d like to see the original
    Number One
    from TOS if only the 1 version of the character will be added but I can see DB holding out until season 2 of DIS airs and incorporate
    Rebecca Romijn’s
    Number One.
    Which I wouldn’t mind, just as long as
    Majel Barrett’s
    Number One is included also.

We are in agreement, then. :) As you say, it's perfectly fine to add the new Number One, as long as the original Majel Barret's Number One isn't left out.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lt Comd Shelby
    I'm definitely for including both Barret's and Romijn's versions of Pike's first officer. Maybe Romijn's version will have a name and Barret's can still just be "Number One". That would be appropriate.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    I'm definitely for including both Barret's and Romijn's versions of Pike's first officer. Maybe Romijn's version will have a name and Barret's can still just be "Number One". That would be appropriate.

Possible names
    Number One
    could be given in Discovery:-

Leigh Hudec

______ Lefler

______ Una

Eure_’ Robbins

Morgan Primus
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Sulu
    Oooh. Buried deep in Capt Pete’s image gallery is Potatohead Worf. I would vote for him just to keep Martok company ... and start down the road to a Collection!
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Oooh. Buried deep in Capt Pete’s image gallery is Potatohead Worf. I would vote for him just to keep Martok company ... and start down the road to a Collection!

Is this the Worf you speak of?
    s7yadm9ur9as.jpeg
    I’d say it was more of a Cornish Pasty than a potato.
    y58g8i2opln7.jpeg
  • Options
    Captain NelsonCaptain Nelson ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Shelby has been overdue for some time now...and I know he wasn't one of the choices here in this poll, but I'd actually rather see Charlie Evans (from the ST:TOS ep. 'Charlie X') added before either of the two Q related characters (Amanda Rogers/Female Q). We have Trelane already present and it really seems to me that Charlie should be added to the the game before any more Q Continuum additions. I will, however, say that if any further Q Continuum additions are to be added - PLEASE let it be one of the two presented here in the poll.

Currently, Shelby is leading at polls.

307dpm3hcr0e.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lt Comd Shelby
    I'd actually rather see Charlie Evans
    (from the ST:TOS ep. 'Charlie X')
    added before either of the two Q related characters (Amanda Rogers/Female Q). We have Trelane already present and it really seems to me that Charlie should be added to the the game before any more Q Continuum additions.

Sorry to spoil your wishes but
    Robert Walker Jr
    the actor who plays
    Charlie X
    in ST:TOS has refused to allow his likeness to be used in the game so it is very unlikely we will see him I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Robert Walker Jr, the actor who plays Charlie Xin ST:TOS has, refused to allow his likeness to be used in the game...

Interesting. Pride (or shame?) goeth before a fall?
    Any information about other actors not providing consent?

My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Sulu
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Robert Walker Jr, the actor who plays Charlie Xin ST:TOS has, refused to allow his likeness to be used in the game...

Interesting. Pride (or shame?) goeth before a fall?
    Any information about other actors not providing consent?

Roger C. Carmel, the one true Harry Mudd, is another whose likeness is not likely to be licensed due to issues with his estate.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Sulu
    From what I've read Celia Lovsky (TOS T'Pau) was a no too.
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    Robert Walker Jr,
    Roger C. Carmel
    & Celia Lovsky
    are just a bunch of
    spoilers
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    I'd actually rather see Charlie Evans
    (from the ST:TOS ep. 'Charlie X')
    added before either of the two Q related characters (Amanda Rogers/Female Q). We have Trelane already present and it really seems to me that Charlie should be added to the the game before any more Q Continuum additions.

Sorry to spoil your wishes but
    Robert Walker Jr
    the actor who plays
    Charlie X
    in ST:TOS has refused to allow his likeness to be used in the game so it is very unlikely we will see him I’m afraid.

Well - that certainly stinks. I guess I'll stop looking forward to that character being added...I hadn't heard about either of the other two named here (Roger C. Carmel & Celia Lovsky) also choosing not to allow image licensing. It's understandable why they wouldn't wish to grant use of their likeness, but it is disappointing to know that we may never see them added.

One thought: is it possible that the character of Harry Mudd could be added to STT, provided that it was the caricature used in ST:TAS episode "Mudd's Passion"?
  • Options
    Lt Comd Shelby
    One thought: is it possible that the character of Harry Mudd could be added to STT, provided that it was the caricature used in ST:TAS episode "Mudd's Passion"?

Yes it could be possible but it could be argued the likeness was inspired by
    Roger C. Carmel
    who incidentally supplied the voice for
    Harry Mudd
    in ST:TAS.
    yr8ijtdb9y3j.jpeg