- Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Give us Odala
    mao0gn5xn709.jpg
  • Options
    Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    That helps clear things up very nicely, thanks! I imagine games with consistently new content like this one might live in a grey area unless they were to be re-rated at a later time, suggesting it may still be best to avoid such symbols on future crew.

Yes, we moved from a "banned in any case"* to a "it depends, it will be a case by case decision". Games like Wolfenstein, in which you fight Nazis, are assumed to get a rating in the future. German gamers are currently waiting if Bethesda is going to try to get a rating for the Wolfenstein series for a uncut rerelease in Germany.

But there are still many open questions. It is still not clear if games in which you can fight on the side of the Axis or play the Axis and "win" (Hearts of Iron series or Day of Defeat) will be able to get a rating even they are not promoting the ideology in any way. But it might be enough that you can "win" under their flag. So we are awaiting the first decisions in these cases.

For "games as a service" which have a constant flow of new content, it is also pretty complicated as in theory they need to get every new content checked before they can release it savely as it is a decision based on the context of the signs. This will delay releases and is connected with fees. So I think that we still won't see these kind of symbols in the future in such games. Maybe some publishers try to hand in a "bulk" of new content to get it prechecked and release it over time, but I'm not sure if publishers are willing to go this way.

So singleplayer games, in which you fight Nazis as the bad guys, are expected to get through in the future. Multiplayer games, in which you can fight on Axis side or singleplayer game, in which you can play on Axis side on any way, will still have troubles and it will depend strongly on the context of the game. Games as a service probably won't be able to do it in the future anyway unless they find an economic way to get everything checked in time.
    But every publisher who wants to release a game or new content for an already rated game with such symbols in Germany still needs legal advice before he should even think about doing it.

* legally/technically these games were never banned by law in the past, most experts agreed that most games fall under the exception the law provides. But by the refusal by the USK to rate them, a release on the German market had the risk of criminal prosecution which no publisher was eager to take. They could have fought it in court and many to most legal experts agreed that they would win the case for many games (imho there is no reason that games should be handled differently than movies,, there was still a huge risk for criminal penalties (ranging from penalty fees to jail for executives). Legal fees are way lower in Germany compared to the US (it probably would have cost a 4 digit to low/mid 5 digit number to challenge it up to the Supreme Court) but still too many risks around it and probably some bad PR in the yellow press if you are trying to fight for the right to show NS-symbols in Germany. So it was cheaper to release cut versions.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Give us Annorax Ship:
    hxs6d79j8lj0.png
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I am not a big fan of the famous in game Janeway, but this ia by far the most fitable version for a 5*
    0k1n7ubzqi8g.jpg
  • Options
    I'm enjoying Discovery so far (though less than TNG, DS9 and Voyager), but they're doing an absolutely horrible job exploring the bridge crew stories. Thanks for putting the names of Detmer and Airiam in that list of potential events, because I had no idea what their names were.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    Give us Annorax Ship:
    hxs6d79j8lj0.png

+1. That ship looks very cool.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Watching Discovery for the third time through...and having posted many TNG/TOS/etc before, I thought I would change it up and see where we are going (and obviously who I think we should have) with current and forthcoming crew. Yes I even included some from Season 2. There are no pics of Rebecca Romijn as Number One yet...

Some of the mirror crew I believe should be added, even though that storyline is dead on the show, doesn't mean anything for the game, right? ;)

No particular thoughts on what levels, other than the misc bridge crew maybe 1*/2*, and the higher bridge crew 3*/4*.

Okay - here we go!

kh7jwom3rwn6.jpg
    kwgramgcsgpq.jpg
    g75n4kjpb1np.jpg
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg
    ct4deoqufxv6.jpg
    cgmqz0gfdkgf.jpg
    i9qxnbwa6jqi.jpg
    ilde9285vl08.jpg
    54c0vbx5w6vg.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching Discovery for the third time through...and having posted many TNG/TOS/etc before, I thought I would change it up and see where we are going (and obviously who I think we should have) with current and forthcoming crew. Yes I even included some from Season 2. There are no pics of Rebecca Romijn as Number One yet...

Some of the mirror crew I believe should be added, even though that storyline is dead on the show, doesn't mean anything for the game, right? ;)

No particular thoughts on what levels, other than the misc bridge crew maybe 1*/2*, and the higher bridge crew 3*/4*.

Okay - here we go!

kh7jwom3rwn6.jpg
    kwgramgcsgpq.jpg
    g75n4kjpb1np.jpg
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg
    ct4deoqufxv6.jpg
    cgmqz0gfdkgf.jpg
    i9qxnbwa6jqi.jpg
    ilde9285vl08.jpg
    54c0vbx5w6vg.jpg

That Spock doesn’t even look close to the actual Spock. Awful casting choice. And they seriously named one of them Linus?

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Okay - here we go!

kh7jwom3rwn6.jpg
    kwgramgcsgpq.jpg
    g75n4kjpb1np.jpg
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg
    ct4deoqufxv6.jpg
    cgmqz0gfdkgf.jpg
    i9qxnbwa6jqi.jpg
    ilde9285vl08.jpg
    54c0vbx5w6vg.jpg

That Spock doesn’t even look close to the actual Spock. Awful casting choice. And they seriously named one of them Linus?

I'm not sure who that person is, but it's definitely not Ethan Peck. They haven't released an official pic of him in the role.

And there are definitely more than a few of these characters that I would love to see in the game. The fact that none of the lower decks staff are there yet is more than a little disappointing.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely want to see Mirror Stamets in Timelines, and I cannot wait to see the new Captain Pike in action.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Okay - here we go!

kh7jwom3rwn6.jpg
    kwgramgcsgpq.jpg
    g75n4kjpb1np.jpg
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg
    ct4deoqufxv6.jpg
    cgmqz0gfdkgf.jpg
    i9qxnbwa6jqi.jpg
    ilde9285vl08.jpg
    54c0vbx5w6vg.jpg

I'm not sure who that person is, but it's definitely not Ethan Peck. They haven't released an official pic of him in the role.

And there are definitely more than a few of these characters that I would love to see in the game. The fact that none of the lower decks staff are there yet is more than a little disappointing.

Oh for sure! I totally dig Discovery and would definitely like to see some of these suggestions introduced! I was so all over Captain Killy I have two of them immortalized. No reason to buy today’s offer for sure

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    robownage wrote: »

Okay - here we go!

(snip)

Actually that Spock photo was taken from a CBS interview with the CBS logo, and says it's Todd Haberkorn who is cast as Spock. That was an article from 2 months ago, so there must have been a last minute change to get Ethan in the role. (I like him better anyway!)

Edit: I thought I remembered that name. Todd Haberkorn actually DOES play Spock in Star Trek Continues.

As for Linus...that was info taken from someone working on the set, but names change in scripts all the time. Who knows?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg

Thats because that isn't Spock in season 2 of STD.
    The actor in the image is Todd Haberkorn who plays Mr Spock in the fan made 'Star Trek Continues'.
    Ethan Peck has been cast to play Mr Spock in the new season of STD.
    amz43ft3r96d.jpg
    - Joined game 6th March 2016
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Fleet Admiral [New Black Vipers]
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Starbase Rooms Completed 15/15
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Total Crew collected 882/1179
    - Crew collections maxed out 7/45
    - Galaxy Map Stars 1269/1269
    - Cadet Mission Stars 225/225
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Achievements completed 15/16
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg

Thats because that isn't Spock in season 2 of STD.
    The actor in the image is Todd Haberkorn who plays Mr Spock in the fan made 'Star Trek Continues'.
    Ethan Peck has been cast to play Mr Spock in the new season of STD.
    amz43ft3r96d.jpg

Ah!!! Yeah this guy looks much closer

• Options
    Amazing to see all of these suggestions being used in the game!

I would like to make a suggestion. 4* Armored Voyager, with four crew slots. Kind of weird that the Borg sphere is so dominant in arena, considering we are I assume, playing as federation captains. If not my Voyager suggestion, which is maybe too obvious, some other federation 4* with four crew slots to cut down Borg sphere dominance. Please and thank you!
  • Options
    I am not a big fan of the famous in game Janeway, but this ia by far the most fitable version for a 5*
    0k1n7ubzqi8g.jpg

The Janeway in a vest has been done already very early on in the game, she is in fact
    3* Rifle Janeway.
    byc0usacrqkl.png
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    0k1n7ubzqi8g.jpg

The Janeway in a vest has been done already very early on in the game, she is in fact
    3* Rifle Janeway.
    byc0usacrqkl.png

It is not from the same episode and it is not about the outfit. The role from the episode give the stars to a crew.
  • Options
    4f5q8sdmj9z2.jpg

With a version of Capt Christopher Pike already added to the game,
    ei8a7d6c63oq.png

perhaps a change of uniform would be preferable to distinguish the actors in the franchises?
    fss0mpq0adds.png

- Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Lt. jg Nog should make an appearance.

And Lt. Detmer, Lt. Jg Owesekun and Lt. Cmdr Airan should be given some thought too...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Uniformity over the franchises.
    Just an example of how top heavy some time periods are and which are lacking in notable characters that could be potential additions.
    A who's missing from this picture exercise basically.
    0zca54tjtilo.jpg
    l7wo326je6j5.jpg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Aldude wrote: »
    I think Lt. jg Nog should make an appearance.

ipbqxhfs67zh.jpg

- Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... That is certainly an appearance. I can't argue with that!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Yes... That is certainly an appearance. I can't argue with that!

It’s just an airbrushed mock up overlapping Cadet Nog but it does give the right impression.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    C.O.P. Picard among the Enterprise NX-01 crew? and Mirror T'Pol among the Enterprise NC1701 crew? Two errors but otherwise fascinating to see them gathered together. Thank you.
  • Options
    C.O.P. Picard among the Enterprise NX-01 crew? and Mirror T'Pol among the Enterprise NC1701 crew? Two errors but otherwise fascinating to see them gathered together. Thank you.

Its about the time period uniforms being worn, granted C.O.P. Picard is non-canon but he is wearing the uniform of the era & Mirror T'Pol squired that uniform from the non mirror
    U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 so the uniform is accurate for the time period.
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Ah no problem. Apologies should have recognised its pattern earlier.
  • Options
    3727ksp59b8w.jpeg
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295
    - Immortalized Crew 639
    - Factions Honored 15/15
    - Ships maxed out 53/78
  • Options
    Just an example of how top heavy some time periods are and which are lacking in notable characters that could be potential additions.
    no1bnwyw8g7c.jpg
    4l8bvcsugio7.jpeg
    px6l95srl6fz.jpg
    5aslkqrsizda.jpeg
    pjrns3lam995.jpeg
    ucdklm04tr8k.jpeg
    h3f6qmtdcrdd.jpg
    9y1cyvo0oju1.jpeg
    5wmum84rdyq3.jpg
    sqyq6gkkqb7i.jpeg
    0e2vmvtxnkhh.jpg
    6bldxw3bu6xo.jpeg
    oveev8b9bk43.jpg
    8xq7q2lru6do.jpeg
    8yrkkxuvztr7.jpg
    8yov6hwlpqdc.jpeg
    pyh3j5aienlq.jpg
    t6c1ydf64319.jpeg

Nice work!👍 DB should print this out and hang on the wall somewhere in the development room when they need ideas.
    Better yet, you should work there, you've definitely done the homework.
  • Options
    no1bnwyw8g7c.jpg
    4l8bvcsugio7.jpeg
    px6l95srl6fz.jpg
    5aslkqrsizda.jpeg
    pjrns3lam995.jpeg
    ucdklm04tr8k.jpeg
    h3f6qmtdcrdd.jpg
    9y1cyvo0oju1.jpeg
    5wmum84rdyq3.jpg
    sqyq6gkkqb7i.jpeg
    0e2vmvtxnkhh.jpg
    6bldxw3bu6xo.jpeg
    oveev8b9bk43.jpg
    8xq7q2lru6do.jpeg
    8yrkkxuvztr7.jpg
    8yov6hwlpqdc.jpeg
    pyh3j5aienlq.jpg
    t6c1ydf64319.jpeg

Nice work!👍 DB should print this out and hang on the wall somewhere in the development room when they need ideas.
    Better yet, you should work there, you've definitely done the homework.

Thanks for the compliments.
    I did have to airbrush a few of the crew tho.
    Nobody seems to have noticed yet lol
    9c00jsetcocw.png
    i3nxu1aiuh0l.png
    xxxhyub2fz3w.png
    zhvsrjxvq8ri.png
    - Capt Level 99
    - VIP Level 13
    - Starbase Level 134
    - Crew Slots 295