Home Engineering Room
Options

No Ads Available

I am not getting any ads available since starting the game this morning. That includes for additional scans, ad-warps, reward double, and Dabo spin/reset. Is anyone else having this problem?
Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you playing on? I use andriod and a few weeks ago i had this same issue, i needed to reset my google ad ID, you can do this in Google settings on your device.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I'm on iOS. I tried (I think) the Apple equivalent but no change. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anything change on your device?
    What iOS version are you using?
  • Options
    I don't think anything changed on my device. It is an iPhone 6s and I am running iOS 11.4. Maybe I need to update to 12
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in our fleet stopped getting ads completely about 2 weeks ago.

iPhone 6/iOS 12.

CS are saying the ad provider might have chosen not to target his country or device type. But that seems very wishy washy to me - other people in his country do get ads still.
  • Options
    Well, now I am on iOS12 but still no ads
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten any ads this morning. I am using an Iphone SE with iOS 11.4. None from bonus scans, dabo wheel, adwarps or double rewards from missions. I had no issues at all yesterday,
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I’ve had the same problem for the last 5 days - wish washy response from CS
    iPhone 6 iOS based in Ireland
  • Options
    I just stopped receiving ads a couple of hours ago. I use Android so I reset my Google ad id as @(10F) Seven of One suggested but that has not fixed the issue. Nothing has changed about my phone and I have not encountered this issue until now.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also am not getting ads. Just started this morning but it is now evening and still none. I am using iPhone 6
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still getting ads here. iPhone 6 iOS 12, iPad Mini 4 iOS 11...
  • Options
    Im getting ads on my Samsung S7 Edge, just fyi y'all
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m missing out on double cadet rewards
  • Options
    Same problem. I’m on an iPhone 8 Plus and this was occurring on iOS 11 and now on 12 as well.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m missing out on double cadet rewards

Me too and it's really annoying (almost as much as people coming in here telling us they have no issues...not really what the thread's about). Is this being looked into? Is there something else we should do? It's obviously affecting both Android (me) and iOS (everyone else that posted here).
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    (almost as much as people coming in here telling us they have no issues...not really what the thread's about)

Right, because the point of Engineering threads is just for complaining about problems. Not getting DB the most info possible so they can look at things and possibly track down a problem.

• Options
    No ads here either as of a couple of hours ago. I'd say when they added the distress call suddenly I don't see ads available anymore. It was working really early this morning but now not at all
  • Options
    (almost as much as people coming in here telling us they have no issues...not really what the thread's about)

Right, because the point of Engineering threads is just for complaining about problems. Not getting DB the most info possible so they can look at things and possibly track down a problem.

Perhaps a valid point but then one has to wonder why every "good samaritan" doesn't post in every Engineering Room thread when they are not experiencing the problem being discussed.

Btw, back to the problem at hand, I am also not experiencing any ad issues on the other games that I play on my Android device so it is limited to STT in my experience.
  • Options
    Same here
    No Ads since Oct 4 around 5pm
    iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4.1
    STT revision 117204
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into this.
    I want to thank you for the detailed reports with platform etc, it is really helpful!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I want to thank you for the detailed reports with platform etc, it is really helpful!

Thank you Shan! I’m normally not “that guy” but losing out on the double cadet rewards is bugging me. Will they honor it if I put in a ticket once I get ads back? So far I’ve lost out on 150 chrons

• Options

Thank you, Shan. Not sure what information you need from an Android user so, if you need something else, please let me know.

Android phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android version: 6.0.1
    STT revision: 117204
    No recent changes or updates to the device.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working to reproduce this on all applicable Apple devices - standby.
  • Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem on my tablet. I can click on the add button but the add doesn't start. On my phone on the other hand I have no problems.
    Tablet: Asus Zenpad P027. Android 7.0
    Phone: Motorola Moto G5s plus. Android 7.1.1
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragen wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem on my tablet. I can click on the add button but the add doesn't start. On my phone on the other hand I have no problems.

That is another issue imho.
    In this thread we are discussing the absence of ads altogether, as in the option is not even there.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragen wrote: »

That is another issue imho.
    In this thread we are discussing the absence of ads altogether, as in the option is not even there.

Correct. I don’t even have the option. And as the other poster said, I have not done any updates in this time frame

• Options
    No ads available for me all day :(
    Revision 117204
    Android 6.0.1
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    No ads for me either, for at least 24hrs. Location: Australia, Android version 5.1.1. Oppo f1f, Color OS version 2.1.0i.
    I have reset my advertising ID, restarted the device several times, to no avail.

The options flash up in Dabo initially but then fade out. Not seen anywhere else in the game.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    The options flash up in Dabo initially but then fade out. Not seen anywhere else in the game.

This is happening for me too now that it's been over 24 hours.

And, I guess I should mention that I am in the U.S.
  • Options
    Viperch25Viperch25 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    im having the same problem i have had no ads since yesterday i have logged into the game at least a dozen+ times but not have had any ad offers in any form i have also tried a forced stop of the game and restarts of the phone

LG Volt 2
    Android 5.1.1
    latest game updates