Home Ready Room
Options

Newbie Questions

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know the time gap, in which the ad warps refresh? Or differently asked: after using one, how long do I have to wait for the next?
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Hi there! I wrote a little guide on that!
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11123/
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    XScottishX wrote: »
    XScottishX wrote: »
    Interested to know more about buy-ons
    And also I'm playing on Android I believe there is a PC based platform is this correct and is there any beneficial gains to be had if this is so.

Not sure what you mean by "buy-ons", but if it's the stuff you can buy in the game, I believe the most popular are the monthly dilithium cards and buying packs that appear for sale every week. Those are the ways most people tend to spend I think, but I'm not a paying player so I don't honestly know.

There is a Steam and a Facebook browser-based version of the game. I know players like this as they will have spreadsheets and so on open to work out their best crew, etc. But I'm far more casual so I just play on my phone or tablet. Doubt there is any major advantage in any case.

Just about covers my questions thank you

I find that playing on the computer (Steam for me) is a lot faster, even compared to using my device on my home WiFi. It can make a difference in Skirmish and Galaxy events, where you are trying to get as many battles played or recipes built as you can within the time you're playing. The downside is that you don't get ads there, so no double-rewards on away missions, no free scans or free Dabo spins, and no ad warps.

And yes, the monthly card which gives you 100 Dilithium a day is the best deal in the game. You can build up pretty quickly and get yourself extra shuttles or event packs after a few weeks. Just know that buying that can be a "gateway drug", lol — you may suddenly find yourself unable to resist spending money on lots of other special offers that pop up, and before you know it, you're VIP 14. 🤓

Ideal thanks for your input I'm currently rebuilding my rig so hopefully should be up and running and I will be able to gain advantage of both for in house and whilst out house

VIP is also something I've been looking into however seems for the characters that I would like aswell as bonuses it costs a fair bit so perhaps I will slowly build on that

But once again thanks for your input
  • Options
    Evening Captains, Admirals and all round good eggs!

I've been playing for about 2 years or so now and have just noticed a new achievement pop up, the 15 Honoured Faction reward. I've had honoured status in all 14 so far for about a year, where is the 15th? I haven't completed all the Faction missions on every level yet, still got a few to finish on Epic and a couple on Elite. Does that make a difference?

Cheers

Klang.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening Captains, Admirals and all round good eggs!

I've been playing for about 2 years or so now and have just noticed a new achievement pop up, the 15 Honoured Faction reward. I've had honoured status in all 14 so far for about a year, where is the 15th? I haven't completed all the Faction missions on every level yet, still got a few to finish on Epic and a couple on Elite. Does that make a difference?

Cheers

Klang.

We’re getting a 15th faction real soon, likely sometime this week. Not sure if it will be Thursday (for the event) or slightly before, as per the latest from DB, but the Borg will be the new faction to work on.
  • Options
    Should see the new faction (Borg) on Tuesday after the 7.o.9 patch.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    I have a few questions I'm hoping to find answers to:
    I've got some crew that are at and near 100. Why should I immortalize them and if I do, can I easily get them back to use on missions? If so, how do I get them back to use?

Another question, I have a lot of inventory with many of the same item but I often still need to go on missions to get things for crew members when leveling them up. Is there a way to use what is in the inventory?

Lastly, I am part of an awesome- beyond awesome - fleet and squadron. What are the items at the starbase for? Thank you so much for helping me!!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few questions I'm hoping to find answers to:
    I've got some crew that are at and near 100. Why should I immortalize them and if I do, can I easily get them back to use on missions? If so, how do I get them back to use?

Another question, I have a lot of inventory with many of the same item but I often still need to go on missions to get things for crew members when leveling them up. Is there a way to use what is in the inventory?

Lastly, I am part of an awesome- beyond awesome - fleet and squadron. What are the items at the starbase for? Thank you so much for helping me!!

Immortalized crew cannot be gotten rid of permanently, only frozen in cryostasis. If you have crew space, you can pull them out anytime for a merit fee. Immortalizing is good because it can free up crew space when you need it but still allows you to retrieve the crew if needed for events.

You can have as many (vertually) as you want of any given item without any need to use them up. However, you cannot have more than 1000 unique types of items. Personally, I hover around 750 and have generally remained there for over a year, but I'm constantly leveling crew and using event-earned crew items as replicator fuel if I already leveled the crew. It is a big concern for many here, but has not been for me. Perhaps it is because I only work on 2 to 6 crew at a time. Currently I have 50 crew under level 10 and 8 crew between 10 and 100.

Your awesome fleet should be able to answer fleet questions. Starbase items are used to improve starbase rooms. Each room provides bonuses. Always donate as much as you are able. It is a slow process, but it will make your crew better.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immortalized crew cannot be gotten rid of permanently, only frozen in cryostasis. If you have crew space, you can pull them out anytime for a merit fee. Immortalizing is good because it can free up crew space when you need it but still allows you to retrieve the crew if needed for events.

Just want to make sure the question isn't being lost here — I'm wondering if GrandNagusRom is confusing immortalizing with freezing (aka sending to cryo).

Immortalizing does not remove the crew from your active roster. It is a valuable thing to do with those crew who are at and near 100 that you have, because they will gain additional strength just from getting them fully leveled and fully equipped.

Freezing in cryo is a different thing. Once they are immortalized, you can choose to freeze any of them if you need space in your active roster. But you do not have to freeze them once they are immortalized. Think of immortal as "being at full strength" and freezing as "putting them on ice if you don't need to use them right now" — but as David says, it doesn't cost much to "unfreeze" them. Just go into your cryo chamber (accessible via the icon in the upper right of your screen), find the crew, click on them, and you can unfreeze them for merits.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Hi !

I'm new to the game and I have a question which appeared now in the running event.
    I'm german, so don't blame me please for any mistakes, I will do my very best to make my point clear :)

I bought some shuttle booster packs and have the most boosters more than once. But when I click them to enter them in the booster field, everytime it puts the COMPLETE booster pack there, wether it's necessary or not. Can I split the booster packs and when it's possible, HOW can I do this.

Thank you in advance.

Calhan
  • Options
    Calhan wrote: »
    Hi !

I'm new to the game and I have a question which appeared now in the running event.
    I'm german, so don't blame me please for any mistakes, I will do my very best to make my point clear :)

I bought some shuttle booster packs and have the most boosters more than once. But when I click them to enter them in the booster field, everytime it puts the COMPLETE booster pack there, wether it's necessary or not. Can I split the booster packs and when it's possible, HOW can I do this.

Thank you in advance.

Calhan

It does not use all the boosts. It just shows how many you have.
  • Options
    I went to join a fleet. When looking at the suggested fleet list, there were several with a starbase level 1. Curious why they were listed I joined one. They had 46 members and all were inactive for more than a year.
    Is there some way to sort the fleets so inactive ones do not show?
    Admiral of TN Volunteers

Your simple talior,
    Elim
  • Options
    Unfortunately, there is no sort function in the fleet tool.

Your best bet is to go over to Fleet Central here on the forums and look through the postings to see which fleet might suit your playing style.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Thank you.
    Admiral of TN Volunteers

Your simple talior,
    Elim
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused about all of the ship schematics in the replicator. I have ships that are on level 1/7 or 3/9 etc. and I would like to know why the extra schematics in the replicator can't be used to level up these ships to max level. Or, if they can, how do I do it? I would like to understand how to level up these ships for this week's skirmishes. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

Just want to make sure the question isn't being lost here — I'm wondering if GrandNagusRom is confusing immortalizing with freezing (aka sending to cryo).

Immortalizing does not remove the crew from your active roster. It is a valuable thing to do with those crew who are at and near 100 that you have, because they will gain additional strength just from getting them fully leveled and fully equipped.

Freezing in cryo is a different thing. Once they are immortalized, you can choose to freeze any of them if you need space in your active roster. But you do not have to freeze them once they are immortalized. Think of immortal as "being at full strength" and freezing as "putting them on ice if you don't need to use them right now" — but as David says, it doesn't cost much to "unfreeze" them. Just go into your cryo chamber (accessible via the icon in the upper right of your screen), find the crew, click on them, and you can unfreeze them for merits.

I WAS confusing immortalizing with freezing. Thanks for clearing it up for me!!
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused about all of the ship schematics in the replicator. I have ships that are on level 1/7 or 3/9 etc. and I would like to know why the extra schematics in the replicator can't be used to level up these ships to max level. Or, if they can, how do I do it? I would like to understand how to level up these ships for this week's skirmishes. Thanks guys!

You CAN use ship schematics to upgrade ships that you don't have maxed yet, but you need enough of them. If you go into your list of ships, you'll see that some might be maximum level, while others are 1/7, 3/9 etc as you mentioned. At each level as your ship upgrades you need MORE schematics to reach the next level. In the mean time while you don't have enough, you are storing all those schematics while you wait to collect enough for the next ship level.

When you go into the replicator, you could select any schematics you want to use as replicator fuel, but you need to be careful not to select schematics for a ship you don't have maxed out yet. There is no visual indicator on that screen to show you if those schematics are for a ship you're finished or still working on. This could be improved, perhaps at least with a warning when trying to use schematics that it's for an unfinished ship, but some people might not care about lower than the top tier ships and use those schematics anyways. Maybe not a good idea though considering how many collections they keep adding, a ship collection might come up in the future.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

You CAN use ship schematics to upgrade ships that you don't have maxed yet, but you need enough of them. If you go into your list of ships, you'll see that some might be maximum level, while others are 1/7, 3/9 etc as you mentioned. At each level as your ship upgrades you need MORE schematics to reach the next level. In the mean time while you don't have enough, you are storing all those schematics while you wait to collect enough for the next ship level.

When you go into the replicator, you could select any schematics you want to use as replicator fuel, but you need to be careful not to select schematics for a ship you don't have maxed out yet. There is no visual indicator on that screen to show you if those schematics are for a ship you're finished or still working on. This could be improved, perhaps at least with a warning when trying to use schematics that it's for an unfinished ship, but some people might not care about lower than the top tier ships and use those schematics anyways. Maybe not a good idea though considering how many collections they keep adding, a ship collection might come up in the future.

It is fortunate that the replicator interface lets you look at the description for any stack of more than one item, like with schematics. However, you have to remember which ships you’ve maxed out and which ones are under construction. Although a warning that pops up in the slider screen reminding you that said ship isn’t finished would probably be a challenge to code and could involve even more calls to the server, it would be a nice QoL improvement for many people.
  • Options
    Funny how we are playing a game which is based on a reality where money is not a factor; and yet there is no doubt that this is a game where money is the main factor. I also noticed a good many fascist comments in the in game chat room which if I am not mistaken is also the opposite of what the vision of Star Trek is meant to be and why we love it so much. Someone enlighten me please.
  • Options
    The in-game Universal Chat (UC) is censored but not moderated. This forum is both moderated and censored. Due to this, as well as some very well respected and respectable long-time active forum posters, trolls are not tolerated here. Therefore, I hang out here when I want to interact with other players.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet they still let me in here...
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Silly Question but is there any way to rank up fast, like your captain level? Ive been reading things about people getting to level 50 in a few weeks and those who it took years. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Riley Hope wrote: »
    Silly Question but is there any way to rank up fast, like your captain level? Ive been reading things about people getting to level 50 in a few weeks and those who it took years. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

No questions are silly. :)

Doing the story missions are the fastest way to get there. Take a look in the forums for the do not airlock checklist to ensure you're keeping important crew as well as airlocking the ones that will not be useful in the near-term or ever for that matter.

It's often a big slog and chroniton depletion often gets in the way, but just work your way through the story missions and you'll get there.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Riley Hope wrote: »

Events, particularly galaxy events, help you rank quickly. Anyone who ranks super fast is probably buying extra chronitons. But then, how do you define super fast? The ranks get progressively harder the higher you go. I just hit 76 and I'm about a year and a half in and I play too much, but don't buy chronitons. However, I hoard chronitons, so I could be higher.
  • Options
    I'm pretty new to the game been playing for about a month. Is there somewhere that I can find ut about crew stats easily to compare, eg. is a one star purple (I know. The names confuse me so I think of the colours) better than a 3 star blue, or are some cards just better than others?
  • Options
    This topic in this forum has a lot of useful information about all kinds of gameplay issues.

And yes, some cards are better than others. Often an immortal purple can be better than a 1 or 2* gold.
  • Options
    Hello all.
    I was wondering if anyone know if you still get squad rewards at the end of an event if you change fleets and join a new squad half way through?
  • Options
    Yes, you do get squad rewards if you change mid-event.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    And yes, some cards are better than others. Often an immortal purple can be better than a 1 or 2* gold.

Ohh my...if I had that few days earlier. I have throw away level 30 uncommon Paris (due recent event very rare Lars character) as I thought Crasher is better, if I only knew, ohh well, better have this info late then never, thank you.