Home The Bridge

How many unclaimed crews do you have?

Comments

• [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I always claim them, they do no good sitting unused. I try to keep 4-5 slots always free for new crew.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    None as I've claimed everyone.

Cited Sisko and froze him.

All other have been FE'd. I've managed to get Scarlett, Chekov, and Q to 2/5. Sarek is 3/5.
  • Sitting on the Guinan achievement. It's not that I literally don't have a crew slot to spare, but I have low-level people that I want to burn off and vault first.
  • I left a few there for a while, I had serious crew space issues over Christmas and over the following 6 months, but I've got them all out now and FE'd nicely.

I hate to see them sitting there waiting for some love.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys all claimed Kung Fu Sarek? he's the only one sitting in my inbox because STD managed to make a dignified diplomat who always saw alternatives to war...into some sort of martial arts expert who can telepathically communicate across the galaxy because reasons :s:s #notmysarek
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    You guys all claimed Kung Fu Sarek? he's the only one sitting in my inbox because STD managed to make a dignified diplomat who always saw alternatives to war...into some sort of martial arts expert who can telepathically communicate across the galaxy because reasons :s:s #notmysarek

I claimed him because I abhor seeing the unread message notification. I leveled him because of some event. He goes on an occasional voyage due to skill/trait matches. Beyond that, I try not to think about him.
  • das411 wrote: »

I find him to be rather useful for ship battles.
  • das411 wrote: »

I can understand not wanting a given crew member. I can't understand leaving the message in the inbox instead of claiming and dismissing for the 500 Honor. But you do you.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive Dancing Chekov. Didn't claim him because I was really short on space at the time and now it's because 90% of my legends are unfused and I just can't face another one.
    Also still have Sisko waiting to be claimed in achievements.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I've none to claim. Sisko from achievements was my first rare ever 😍
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I can add Prince Bashir to the list now.

Make waaaay! For Prince Bashiiir!
    Say ‘Heeeey’ Its Prince Bashiiiir!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    I can add Prince Bashir to the list now.

Make waaaay! For Prince Bashiiir!
    Say ‘Heeeey’ Its Prince Bashiiiir!

Same
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observation: Dancing Chekov is the 3rd best [DIP and SEC] in the game, which shows up in 18 daily shuttle seats (3.4%, which is comparatively frequent) and has been very common in recent faction events (15.9%). The top 5 seem to be The Prophet, Dahar Master Kang, Dancing Chekov, War Correspondent Jake, and Inglatu.

I should start citing him but have a few higher priorities to work through first ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observation: Dancing Chekov is the 3rd best [DIP and SEC] in the game, which shows up in 18 daily shuttle seats (3.4%, which is comparatively frequent) and has been very common in recent faction events (15.9%). The top 5 seem to be The Prophet, Dahar Master Kang, Dancing Chekov, War Correspondent Jake, and Inglatu.

I should start citing him but have a few higher priorities to work through first ...

For shuttle slots, top 5 versus top 25 or even top 50 gives you, what...a couple extra percent on the success chance? I don’t feel stressed to fill DIP/SEC shuttle slots between Arachnia Janeway, Cornwell, Darth Bashir, and Shras. Maybe that’s because I don’t mind skipping the second skill when those four are busy elsewhere and have a ton of other DIP-primary crew...voyages could be another story, of course, depending on your other crew.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

For shuttle slots, top 5 versus top 25 or even top 50 gives you, what...a couple extra percent on the success chance? I don’t feel stressed to fill DIP/SEC shuttle slots between Arachnia Janeway, Cornwell, Darth Bashir, and Shras. Maybe that’s because I don’t mind skipping the second skill when those four are busy elsewhere and have a ton of other DIP-primary crew...voyages could be another story, of course, depending on your other crew.

Fair point - maxing the top 5 is an exercise for the truly OCD :-)

For [DIP and SEC], with my current crew/fleet bonuses, and assuming a single-seat mission at difficulty 2500 (and a correct wiki formula), the entire game would currently offer:

4 crew with 1600+ @ (~64% success)
    9 crew with 1500-1600 @ (~60%)
    6 crew with 1400-1500 @ (~57%)
    17 crew with 1300-1400 @ (~54%)
    17 crew with 1200-1300 @ (~50%)
    9 crew with 1100-1200 @ (~47%)
    15 crew with 1000-1100 @ (~43%)
    12 crew with 900-1000 @ (~40%)
    yadda yadda yadda

Under event bonus doubled scores, the success chances would get bunched even tighter due to the exponential in the success formula.

So anyone in the top 20 or so (for this skill pair) is roughly equivalent from a faction mission perspective, and stand out from the pack bunched around 1200-1400. Within those top 20, other crew attributes probably make the difference in distinguishing them ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    I always claim them, they do no good sitting unused. I try to keep 4-5 slots always free for new crew.

Alternatively, they do no harm sitting unused as well. I'd much rather have them sitting quietly in the inbox than filling a spot and still being unused because they can't stand up to my 3+/5* characters and high quality 4/4*s. I could add them to the roster, I comfortably have 30+ slots open, but I'd rather have those slots available in case I need to increase my active teams with some of the changes coming.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • I haven't claimed Tuxedo Nog and the new Prince Bashir. Only claimed the rest of them because I thought they expired. 🤦 Haven't used Commanding Officer Sisko or EV Archer or anyone else really... I should freeze them but that's a lot of honour to get them to FF/FE.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't claimed Tuxedo Nog and the new Prince Bashir. Only claimed the rest of them because I thought they expired. 🤦 Haven't used Commanding Officer Sisko or EV Archer or anyone else really... I should freeze them but that's a lot of honour to get them to FF/FE.

I would say it's not a bad idea to claim Bashir — especially if you're getting a 2nd copy of him from the GoTA bonus (see the other threads here for info about that), because unlike the one in the in-game mail, that 2nd copy in the Time Portal will eventually expire, so I'd advise claiming both and fusing him, just so you don't forget about it.

I haven't claimed my Tuxedo Nog, either — nor the Dancing Chekov. I've got the space, just don't have a need for either one right now.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    I have two in my inbox and one in my achievement.

Those are - Tuxedo Nog, Dancing Chekov and Fierce Guinan. I would claim them only if I get a second copy of them although Fierce Guinan is completely terrible.

Tuxedo Nog, Prince Bashir, and Niners Sisko.

Oh, and 500 Chronies........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I still have all of them in message/achievement:

Men in Tights Worf
    Kung Fu Sarek
    EV Suit Archer
    Fierce Guinan
    Dancing Chekov
    Tuxedo Nog

Because...

I just have Checkov and Nog. I'm not out of slots I just don't want to waste the chrons on leveling them.

However. THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL.

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    • Niners Sisko
    • Commanding Officer Sisko
    • 6 Cadet missions
    • 6 expedition tickets
    • 3750 chrons
    • 1 SR citation
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Only claimed Dancing Checkov as I already had him 2/5. The rest are all still in the postbox.

BTW - What's with this weird trend of bringing old threads back from the dead? Before today, the last update to this thread was in November. Are all the recent forum offerings really so bad that we have to scour the back catalogue?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only claimed Dancing Checkov as I already had him 2/5. The rest are all still in the postbox.

BTW - What's with this weird trend of bringing old threads back from the dead? Before today, the last update to this thread was in November. Are all the recent forum offerings really so bad that we have to scour the back catalogue?

I believe we have enough evidence at this point to know that this is a particular skill/hobby of @DScottHewitt

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I have yet to claim Fierce Guinan from the cheevo, and I am up to 57 10x Premium Packs unclamed.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the fact that cadet crew can be iced, the free slots we got, and having quite a few 4/4s I can level up, I am now in a place (currently) where crew slots are not an issue. So I have claimed them all now. Most of them are in portal, so it's probably the right time to pull them out so that you get the 1* reminder and don't forget in the fleeting moment a begold flashes up and most of them will get an event or two soonish I reckon.

I just have to finish leveling Will Scarlet and Dancing Chekov, they aren't currently on my priority list but they are on the Secondary List for consideration.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've claimed everything.
  • None.
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The big goose egg
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have my 3* Sisko waiting and 4* Guinan from achievements. Until I can get more, they just don't benefit me. I did, however, claim my Dancing Chekhov a couple days ago since I figure he will be small bonus in one of the events this mega.